Disc Golfer Running for City Council

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 am

hahaha my bad....Corey is not the Prez. Im retarded
SARG27044

Postby Like_Water » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Golfguy wrote:9 holes will not make a world class course.

Who from the "club" is leading this project???

You. :shock: :D :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby cigarguy16 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Ok, I have read the posts and I can say this. Until you have taken on the responsibility of being the front man for any disc golf club, you have no idea of the work involved. I started the BHMDGL in 1985 and am still involved with it. Many of the clubs in the midwest have modeled themselves after us. If you look at how many disc golf courses are in Iowa now, it is because of the efforts of many different people around the state in the 1980's that never got a shout out or recognition of any kind. We did it for the love of the sport. I have never won a tournament, never had a sponsor nor never looked for a pat on the back for my efforts in promoting disc golf. But I have run over 70 tournaments (including the 1989 PDGA World's), met with countless city officials concerning our existing and future courses, helped my disc golf friends in other locations secure courses, designed and implemented courses in new cities among countless other tasks over the past 25 years. If you really want to help, quit whining about how you think the League is being run and step up to help. We need to work together to maintain and improve on what we have. Unless you have been around as long as I have, you have NO idea how lucky you have it now. Disc golf courses just don't appear out of nowhere, it was a direct response to the efforts of those before you, which in Black Hawk County, is the BHMDGL.

My name is Dave Hook and if you want to respond to me privately my email address is daveteri125@mchsi.com. As a point of reference, my PDGA # is 3353.
cigarguy16

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am

cigarguy16 wrote:Until you have taken on the responsibility of being the front man for any disc golf club, you have no idea of the work involved.

Actually if you’re on a Club's Board of Directors you are well aware of the work involved. However with a true Club / Board format you spread out the work load so you don't have a "Front Man" that takes on all the responsibilities. We all applaud the past efforts of many like yourself, and those of those of us that care are well aware of the efforts put in to get the game to where it is today. With that said the game is not the same as is was in the past and, in my opinion, clubs cannot be run like they were in the past; the "One Man / Front Man" model does not work anymore.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Shaq » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 pm

we've been talking about making washington park a course since the flood. We have plenty of manpower, if we can talk to a parks guy it would be nice to try to get something going this spring!
Shaq

Postby Jadams » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Shaq wrote:we've been talking about making washington park a course since the flood. We have plenty of manpower, if we can talk to a parks guy it would be nice to try to get something going this spring!

The Cedar Falls parks department informed me that they are working on Washington Park this year. This was the the ground plans they sent me.

Jadams

Postby NorthSider » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am

So did they say definite weather it will be 9 or 18 holes?
NorthSider

Postby Jadams » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

In the email they sent me it said 9 holes.
Jadams

Previous

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League