Disc Golfer Running for City Council

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby Jadams » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Golfguy wrote:9 holes will not make a world class course.

Who from the "club" is leading this project???

He also mentioned they had no intentions of making a world class course. Just an alternative to the tourist park course.
Jadams

Postby Golfguy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 pm

xharkx wrote:
Golfguy wrote:9 holes will not make a world class course.

Who from the "club" is leading this project???

He also mentioned they had no intentions of making a world class course. Just an alternative to the tourist park course.

Bummer
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Single L » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 am

My father in-law has told me that they do want to use Washington as an alternative to tourist, but he has never said anything about it being only 9 holes. I don't think that is a big part of the equation. 18 holes is still a very viable option you just need to pitch it the right way. They need to know if Tourist is pulled/relocated it needs to remain an 18 hole course, the City Council and Parks Department will understand this.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am

their is no "club" its the black hawk metro disc golf league. tourist is a course the league plays on during the summer league. so it wouldnt make sense to put only nine holes at washington if their going to remove tourist. This is the problem with bhmgdl is that there is no president at this point and it seems to be affecting communication within league. everyone has an idea but it always seems to be that whoever does whatever first thats the plan that wins. but in the end it hurts everyone because all ideas are not used but usually just one persons perspective. i know u cant please everyone but there should be a shared vision of things throughout the disc golf community that gets acted upon not just a few ideas from a few people. but who do we give those ideas to at this point?
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby TravisB » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:their is no "club" its the black hawk metro disc golf league. tourist is a course the league plays on during the summer league. so it wouldnt make sense to put only nine holes at washington if their going to remove tourist. This is the problem with bhmgdl is that there is no president at this point and it seems to be affecting communication within league. everyone has an idea but it always seems to be that whoever does whatever first thats the plan that wins. but in the end it hurts everyone because all ideas are not used but usually just one persons perspective. i know u cant please everyone but there should be a shared vision of things throughout the disc golf community that gets acted upon not just a few ideas from a few people. but who do we give those ideas to at this point?

Have you ever been to a club meeting? That would be my first question to you and if you have, get up and do something about it. Run for one of the positions. If not, then why are you talking like you know what goes on at a club meeting. The Club has always been up for ideas and wanting to change. The problem is once those ideas get passed, and yes the club does vote on ideas, no one except a couple of people want to help out and get things implemented. It is a mental and physical drain to volunteer your time and have a bunch of people say they want this and that done but when push comes to shove no club members are there to help except a handful of people who do all the work. If no one wants to help do the work why should the club listen to their ideas?
TravisB

Postby Jadams » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Me and my friends that play together have talked about trying to join league in 2010. We are all up to helping out with whatever.

The 9 hole course thing is just what I was told via email. I can paste the entire message if you wish to see it along with the guys email if you want to ask him anything.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

teams are always lookn for subs and their is always a few people lookn to fill out a team. i was just kinda wondering where the idea of takeing down tourist came from. it would b nice to have a new course somewhere that could take the burden of some of the pounding that tourist takes. u can private message me anytime or reply on here im not really involved with the league per say. but i can help u find a team or some teamates if ur serious.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Swisher Streets » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Tourist is one of the oldest courses in the states. Im sure there are no plans of removing it. Xharkx do you go to uni?
Swisher Streets

Postby Jadams » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Swisher. No I do not.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:18 pm

RESPONSE TO TRAVIS yes i have been to meetings in wich i didnt see much that was accomplished besides drinking alcohol on the leagues dime. not much more organized than the actual work days themselves that i ride my bike to so that i can do my part. the communication could be a huge part of the fact that only "certain people show up." and alot of times the same people that were drinkn on the leagues dime dont show up to work. so no i dont go to mettings anymore because they are a waste of time for me. we know what needs to get done around here but a lack of communication and subgroups within the club are what are holding us back. if you have any advice on what and how we might change the infighting and lack of overall direction the club seems to have let me know. because like i said i have always askd if there is anything else i can do to and i am at the work days when i find out about them.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:28 pm

The League pays for your beer!!!! :shock: Damn Im living in the wrong City. I resign my position for the D.M.D.G.C. cuz im moving to the Looooooo. Seriously though....If that is truly the way the Club is run I would rec. that (if your schedule allows it) you run for Prez then. It might help to encourage more people to come out if you can get more done in a timely manner then has been in the future... No matter what happens though, you will always have more people coming up with problems, then people coming up with solutions to those problems...I wish ya the best of luck
SARG27044

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 am

its not like people were getting wasted on the leagues dime but there was beer for whoever wanted to drink it. i probly had a few but i show up for work days after working a full day at mcds. i get on my bike peddle down to the course and do what i can with whoevers working. have i ever got a shout out from the league, never. i show up because i play these courses more than anyone i know up here and i think our courses represent our league. wich in a nuttshell says we have some work to do. i see how other courses are in the state and i wonder why ours cant look like theirs?im not the right man for the job but im behind whoever feels like there up to the challenge. i put in work and when i say im gonna show up i show up. we have the men to do the job its just a matter of willingness to get it done anyway u can. thanks for the support sarge
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 am

I dont blame ya. Corey is the Prez here in D.M. and he does an amazing job, and has made DG in D.M. the best it has been since I started playing. Alot of time thats all it takes,(one person to step up and lead the way)I wouldnt even dream of taking that position, I dont envy the work that gets put into it year after year
SARG27044

Postby arowan21 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 am

SARG27044 wrote:I dont blame ya. Corey is the Prez here in D.M. and he does an amazing job, and has made DG in D.M. the best it has been since I started playing.
what
arowan21

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

Chicken Butt :?
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League