Dann Schultz Memorial Snow Disc 24

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby cigarguy16 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Since we are donating the proceeds to Dann's children may I suggest that we divide the proceeds in thirds so Keira, Kyle and Becca each get their share individually since Becca is the only minor still living with Sylvia. I have Sylvia's new address and Kyle can provide us with Keira's when he attends the tourney. This way we can mail out the checks after the bookkeeping is done.

Are there going to be any meetings before the tourney?
cigarguy16

Postby Master Lee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

Great idea Dave. We can do that. Yes we are having a meeting Monday 1/26 5:30 pm at Toads. I will put up a seperate post for this.
Master Lee

Postby cigarguy16 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:46 pm

At the League meeting last night it was decided to split the proceeds of the tournament between the American Cancer Society and the Hospice Home in Dann's honor instead of going to his family. The thought was giving something to try to help eliminate the cause of his death and to help the ones who took care of him during his last days. This will be an annual gift in Dann's name and hopefully will help others that find themselves in this situation.

Please come to enjoy Snow Disc and to honor one of our own. Thanks.
cigarguy16

Postby Shaq » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 pm

lee n jay have got the pads/course lookin good hopefully we can have a good turnout sat with the good weather see you out there bitches
Shaq

Tee Pads

Postby Golfguy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:56 am

Hey, the tee pads look great! Thanks for the hard work guys...see you Sat.
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Master Lee » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:28 am

Yess the tees are nice and clear weather forcast keeps getting warmer.
Thanks Jay and Shaq for helping me unleash the fury upon the ice and snow.
I will have free coffee from cup of joe available at the shelter in the morning.
See you all tomorrow.
Don't forget to bring a towl;)
Master Lee

Postby cigarguy16 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 pm

88 players, great weather, lots of returning champions with outstanding play from everyone in the middle of winter, Dann would have been proud of all of you today.

It was a great tribute to one of our own, thank you to everyone who showed up today. From the League's pre-tournament preparations (nice tee-pads!) to the great competition, it was a wonderful experience.

Congrats to Jon Tissue, you da man! Kyle's pre-tourney speech fit perfectly with what his dad would have done, good job!

It is truly an honor to be associated with so many good people that this sport brings together. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did today.

Come back next year as we celebrate our Silver Anniversary at the Dann Schultz Memorial Snow Disc 25!
cigarguy16

Postby cigarguy16 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:10 pm

I delivered checks for $500 each to the Cedar Valley Hospice and the American Cancer Society in Dann's honor this week. Both organizations were very gracious and thankful for the donations. I told them it was the intention of the BHMDGL to make this an annual donation in Dann's name.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Dann Schultz Memorial Snow Disc 24 tournament. Your entry fees and donations will help those who helped one of ours. You are all champions.
cigarguy16

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League