A Big Thanks

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Will you be willing to help out with upcoming course renovations?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 6

A Big Thanks

Postby RickyBenny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 pm

From Brock.......

Special thanks to the Club members, Shaq, Bob and Chase at GT Tuesday night. The cement has been officially poured on all 18 pads. I think we even managed to keep the imperfections to a minimum by keeping people off the course till dark. A few pads may have some birds tracks on them though. Otherwise, they look great! I think you will like what has been done so far. Completion will include new tee signs, purchased by your league dues. Also, parks is considering planting some trees and adding some trash cans.

No excuses off these pads for anyone. Your poor skill set is the only thing you can complain about now.

For those of you who did not help on ANY part of the project, your opportunity to help still exist. You can start by carefully pulling forms and back filling the pads any time this week. Saturday being the last organized help day at this park.

Depending on completion time at GT Saturday, June 7th we can go to Exchange and start that work. It's up to you…... Only a few people showing up and relying on others does not get things done. Your help would be appreciated! Brock

Just a side note from me.....
The more people we get to help out with these upcoming projects the easier it will be to complete them. I know I would like to see more than just the members of the Club helping out. Getting Exchange up and running needs to be more of a group effort from everyone at league. Even if you don't know what to do, just ask, there are plenty of people around with experience in these matters. I know some of it's labor intensive but like my old man always said "many hands make light work"
RickyBenny

Postby RickyBenny » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:49 pm

ok so........while i'm typing this over 140 people have read this post and only 6 of you are willing to help with course work?!!!! WTF??!!!
RickyBenny

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Probably because only 6 people of the 140 are from the Cedarloo area :shock:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby RickyBenny » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:03 am

true, but we have at least 50 people in league this year. its just sad that's all...... :cry:
RickyBenny

Postby njrules » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:16 am

Ricky, first off its great that you help out... And I wish that there were more people out there that did go out and do their part. but you can't get mad that people came on a website and read a message and didn't vote that they would help out. I for one live up in Minnesota now, but am from the Wloo area so I check out what's going on in town.
Ive found you gotta do this stuff for yourself and feel good about making a course better, complaining about others doesn't help, imo.
njrules

Postby RickyBenny » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 pm

i was just upset that day, but if you were in league down here, you would understand. we have a lot of people who want all these improvements to the courses to happen overnight, and even when workdays are posted or agreed upon at league night no one shows up.....its just frustrating that's all. i just wanted to vent........
RickyBenny

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League