Discraft

Disc Golf Pro Shop in Cedar Rapids

Moderators: Captain, frogawitdafizzle, AO

Postby Ferch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 am

Ok, I throw all of my mids with a power fan grip and only throw 2 Crystal Buzzs, and a BEEFY FLX Drone. My BW(Sutliff/10yr) Buzz is worn perfect and my other one is 9.5/10 pretty much new. With that balance, do I really need to pick up a Hornet?
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am
Location: DSM

Postby AO » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:41 am

I would say it is a good idea. It think it's a good fit because the Drone is so overstable and the Buzzz can not handle wind.

My mids look like this...

FLX Drone-handles any wind/spike hyzer
Z Drone-handles some wind but not as much of a work horse as the FLX Drone. This is where the Hornet would fall in. I don't throw the Hornet because these 2 are so similar
I don't throw the Wasp because it is inconsistent and struggles with any kind of wind to. Buzzz with a bead imo.
4 Buzzz's from stable to understable. The most stable is only stable in calm conditions.
AO
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:17 pm

I personally havent thrown them yet, but from what Ive seen, the hornet is also horrible into a decent headwind...
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby AO » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 pm

We sold out of them at Hiawatha because several were using on that windy day. Dion Arlyn threw his all weekend at J n B and he has more power than any of us.
AO
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby The Donator » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 pm

AO wrote:We sold out of them at Hiawatha because several were using on that windy day. Dion Arlyn threw his all weekend at J n B and he has more power than any of us.

So a max weight ESP Buzz wont hold any line in a headwind? Even if thrown around 60-75%? Thats crazy Dion threw mids last Sunday, I didnt throw a single one.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby FB32992 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

I have esp and z hornets am only thrownin the esp as of now.tested it in 35~ 40 mph winds at geneseo and it flew like a champ,didnt flip or turnover once i have a hard time just keeping it flat,mine just wants to hyzer
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: Quad CIties

Postby IHearChains » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:21 pm

AO wrote:I don't throw the Wasp because it is inconsistent and struggles with any kind of wind to. Buzzz with a bead imo.



I love the Z-Wasp, for me it definitely flies overstable compared to the Buzzz and I find it to be very reliable. Two of my Z-Wasps are ace discs. I always have one in the bag.
IHearChains
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Iowa City

Postby AO » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:23 pm

IHearChains wrote:
AO wrote:I don't throw the Wasp because it is inconsistent and struggles with any kind of wind to. Buzzz with a bead imo.



I love the Z-Wasp, for me it definitely flies overstable compared to the Buzzz and I find it to be very reliable. Two of my Z-Wasps are ace discs. I always have one in the bag.


I just have trouble with them being consistent.
AO
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby Ferch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Thank you for the insight.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am
Location: DSM

Postby IHearChains » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:03 am

AO wrote:
IHearChains wrote:
AO wrote:I don't throw the Wasp because it is inconsistent and struggles with any kind of wind to. Buzzz with a bead imo.



I love the Z-Wasp, for me it definitely flies overstable compared to the Buzzz and I find it to be very reliable. Two of my Z-Wasps are ace discs. I always have one in the bag.


I just have trouble with them being consistent.



I would say some crap about arrows and indians but... :oops:

Instead I guess I should try hornets. If I love Z-wasps then I guess I will probably find out I love hornets even more! Thanks for the disc reviews and comparisons.
IHearChains
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Iowa City

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:16 am

FB32992 wrote:I have esp and z hornets am only thrownin the esp as of now.tested it in 35~ 40 mph winds at geneseo and it flew like a champ,didnt flip or turnover once i have a hard time just keeping it flat,mine just wants to hyzer
I should have mentioned that Ive only seen the Z hornets being thrown. So I cant say anything about the esp ones...Maybe they're a little beefier. But Im having a real hard time understanding how your hornet is beef into a headwind, but your drone is too flippy. Makes me think you got a bad mold of one of em...
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Like_Water » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:19 am

drone isn't flippy, but rather, it likes to go straight for awhile before slowing and going left to finish....it doesn't stay on a hyzer.

Hornet was too much for me...wasn't throwing well that day either, I'll have to give it another try.

X Buzzz has solved my mid-that-needs-to-go-straight problem. :shock:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 am

Have you thrown the LE flx drones? or are you talking about your Z/ pro D? Cuz they are 2 entirely different discs. The Z went too straight for my liking, so I gave it too Beery. The pro works til it hits one tree, then you might as well throw it in the garbage. Im furious I lost my flx in the water at GBO, thing was money.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am

I carry a flx, its a fvckin pig of all pig's. I can hardly get it to go str8/ enough distance b4 it falls off the table. Very reliable for me, has never done anything but hefty hyzer. Maybe it's the cubs dye job I did on it that makes it not go the distance I'd like.... :(
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby Like_Water » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 am

yeah Id use a z....flx is stupid overstable...can't get it to go anywhere
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Disc Golf

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron