Work Night

Postby Kelly K » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 am

Last night it was me, Kevin, Mark and Rinker.

We:

*organized the wood pile behind the shed and took inventory
*got the message board put up (it looks VEDY nice!)
*got the tree on 14's pad out of the way
*leaning saplings by 10-11 cut
*grass seed spread on 18 long pin
*moved some baskets (11, 12, 17)
*got orange bolt for sign on 12
*fixed landscaping timber on 5
*added landscaping timber on 4

Great job guys! Still lots left to do at turkey. Peninsula will be flooded for a while it seems, and we can't really tackle the putting area at Sugar either.

I have to work next monday night, so I will let kevin take charge of organizing the work night for next week!! No matter what course you go to, bring lots of Absorbine Jr and Bug spray, they are out in full force! :D :D
Kelly K

Postby IHearChains » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:40 am

I can't make it on Monday nights anymore but I am willing to help out at other times. Does the city have any problem with me showing up at some random time with a weedwhacker? This weekend I'd like to take a crack at some of the nettles at Pen. I can't believe how fast those things grow.
IHearChains

Postby Kelly K » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:46 am

Greg~

GO FOR IT!!!! That's something Corey used to do when he still lived down here, and I can say that EVERYONE will appreciate you for it!!

I haven't actually played the Pen since the nettles have grown back, but I can only imagine what they look like from last year!!! Feel free to take out ANY nettles!!!

Thanks again!
Kelly
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I headed out to Sugar this afternoon and installed the message board there. So both Turkey and Sugar have completed and cool looking message boards!

Hoo-rah! :D
Kelly K

Postby OU812_LukeS » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 am

Kelly B wrote:I headed out to Sugar this afternoon and installed the message board there. So both Turkey and Sugar have completed and cool looking message boards!

Hoo-rah! :D

Everything in the Turkey Creek message board fell down to the bottom of the case. Looked like you put some nice time into it. Humidity perhaps?
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Kelly K » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:16 am

Grr. Ok. I'll try to get out there to fix it. Thanks Luke!
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 am

Turkey and Sugar's message boards have been stapled in. :D :D

Had a freakin HEART ATTACK when a HUGE black beetle came scurrying a little too close for my liking ~while I was trying to hold the message board and staple at the same time.

If you were at turkey yesterday and heard a horror movie scream, yeah, that was me. :oops:
Kelly K

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 am

IHearChains wrote:I can't make it on Monday nights anymore but I am willing to help out at other times. Does the city have any problem with me showing up at some random time with a weedwhacker? This weekend I'd like to take a crack at some of the nettles at Pen. I can't believe how fast those things grow.

OK, I looked at a few holes yesterday at Pen and I'm not sure there's any point in doing any work there until the course gets mowed.
IHearChains

Postby Kelly K » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am

It's really just up to you. Who knows when or if the city will get out there to mow. They do a fantastic job keeping the dog park looking nice, but they seem to forget about the disc golf course right there...
Kelly K

Postby The Donator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:57 am

Message board looked great, course trimming was great, everything looked fine except the mowing and the gnats (which of course is out of your/our hands), nice work guys.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Captain » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 am

I think the city is waiting to have dry weather. With the Pen's close proximity to the river, the soil stays rather wet. Think the city doesn't want to damage the land.

Good for them, sad for us. The wooded holes need to be mowed and, of course, they are the only holes that are playable. Looks like the flooding will continue for quite some time.

Hopefully SB is dry for the Corridor. Cross your fingers folksies.
Captain

Postby Captain » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:49 am

No work night on June 9th

We'll get back on it once the ground dries up.
Captain

Postby IHearChains » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 am

Kelly B wrote:Turkey and Sugar's message boards have been stapled in. :D :D

Nice job on the message board!

I noticed your map of eastern IA courses shows "Coming Soon" at a location which looks like it might be near West Liberty. Anybody know more about the location/plan/timeline for a new course in that area?
IHearChains

Postby KePP » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am

I may be able to help out a day or two if work days are posted. West Liberty is only 40 miles, same as East Moline, Clinton or Geneseo for me.
KePP

Postby IHearChains » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:08 pm

KePP wrote:I may be able to help out a day or two if work days are posted. West Liberty is only 40 miles, same as East Moline, Clinton or Geneseo for me.

My brother lives in the QCs so I'd love to see another course in West Liberty. Right now the only options in between QC and IC are West Lake and Muscatine. Having West Lake as a "home course" is kind of expensive, both in gas and plastic! :shock:
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City Disc Golf Club