2010 North Iowa Tour Finals
Saturday October 30, 2010
East Park DGC - Mason City, IA
TOUR FINALS REGISTRATION
• Must be a Qualified N.I.T. Member to get Invited
o Qualified Men – N.I.T. Member for a minimum of 3 Tournaments
o Qualified Women – N.I.T. Member for a minimum of 1 Tournament
• No Entry Fee!
• Everyone will receive a Custom N.I.T. Disc!
• Shelter House by Hole #1 Basket
• Player Check-In from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
• Player Meeting @ 9:15 a.m.
• 1st Round Tee Times start @ 9:30 a.m.
TOUR FINALS FORMAT
• Match Play (Head-To-Head)
• Players will be “Seeded” based on N.I.T. Standings
• Single Elimination Bracket
• Separate Men & Women Brackets
• Trophy for each Tour Finals Champion
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Player Check-In
9:15 a.m. to 9:25 a.m. Player Meeting
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Men’s 1st Round
10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Men’s 2nd Round & Women’s 1st Round
12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. “Second Chance” Doubles Tournament & Lunch Break for those who Tee off at 1:30 p.m. or later
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Men’s 3rd Round & Lunch Break for “Second Chance” Doubles Players
2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Men’s 4th Round
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Men’s Champion ship Round & Women’s Championship Round
5:10 p.m. to 5:25 p.m. “Mini” Putt Contest Finals
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony & Drawing
SECOND CHANCE DOUBLES TOURNAMENT
• Eliminated Players from Men’s 1st & 2nd Rounds & Women’s 1st Round
• Random Draw for Partners
• 1 Round of 9 Holes
• Best Shot
• Winning Team gets a Prize
• Everyone will be included in a Drawing to give away many Prizes
• Prizes will be awarded for the N.I.T. Standings
• Prizes will be awarded for the N.I.T. Bag Tag Challenge
• Spectators are welcome
2011 N.I.T. FUNDRAISERS
“Mini” Putt Contest - $2 Entry Fee (Half goes to Prize for Winner, Half goes to 2011 N.I.T.)
Participants get 10 putts with a Mini, at a Mini Basket
Top 3 players with the most made putts, move on to the Final Round
Finalists only get 5 putts, most made out of 5 wins the contest
Sudden Death if a Tie occurs in the Final Round
Ace Fund Throw-off - $2 Entry Fee (Half gets added to Ace Fund, Half goes to 2011 N.I.T.)
Entire Ace Fund that is left over after the tournament in Belmond
Participants get two throws at a Basket from about 75-100 feet away
Ace Fund will be split between all made shots
If no made shots, the shot closest to the basket gets all the money
N.I.T. Custom Disc Sales - $10 Each
Any remaining Custom N.I.T. Discs will be sold as a fundraiser for the 2011 North Iowa Tour, will the proceeds going to that.
• If you would like to donate money to the 2011 N.I.T. please visit with Mark Skellenger.
• If you get knocked out early, you are more than welcome to follow a group around the course or to caddy for your favorite player still left in the competition, be sure to cheer on and encourage any remaining players!
• The Mini Putt Contest and Ace Fund Throw-off will be available all day long, as long as a Tour Staff Member is there to witness your participation and collect Entry Fees.
• Be sure to pay attention to the Tee-Times for each round as they may change, all Tee Times will be displayed on a board at the Shelter House (Tournament Central). We want to keep each round moving as quickly as possible since we are also battling the Sun Light as well as our competitors!
RULES OF MATCH PLAY FOR THE TOUR FINALS
• Every Round will be a “Staggered Start” at the Tour Finals, meaning all Groups will Tee Off on Hole 1 every 5 minutes from the start of the round
• Each Group will consist of 4 or 6 people (2 or 3 matches)
• You will be competing “Head-to-Head” against one other player
• Each Hole is worth 1 point
• The Player who finishes the hole with fewer strokes wins the point
• If both players shoot the same strokes on a hole and tie, each will get ½ point
• The Player who finishes the hole with the most strokes gets 0 points
• The Match is over once one person reaches 5 points, so you do not have to complete any remaining holes, save your energy, and it will also help us keep things moving quickly
• If there is a tie at 4.5 points after 9 holes, start back at hole 1 playing sudden death, the first person to win a hole wins the match
• The person who has a lower seed number tees off first on the first hole (#1 would tee off first when playing against #5)
• The Tee order does not change if both players tie the previous hole
• The person who wins the previous hole tees off first on the following hole
• The person who is farthest away from the basket throws their next shot first
See you all there!