Ames Disc Golf Club?

Moderator: Cydisc

Ames Disc Golf Club?

Postby Buzzzed85 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:22 am

Guys i have been thinking about trying to set up an actual club for Ames (representatives, voting, assigned course work and contacts, etc......) I'm looking to see how much interest we have in this. I really think having a steady club with a solid group of members could move ames disc golf towards something more than the occassional course clean up day and reliance on others to take care of our courses. I think there are a lot of things that a city of ames club can do that simply aren't getting done.

If you have any suggestions let's start leaving them here so we can brainstorm. All ideas welcome (except outrageously stupid ones) kidding.

Happy frolfing!
All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man.
-Thoreau
-PROFLIGHT!
-Cyclone Disc Golf Club
Buzzzed85

Postby coonmanx » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Suggestions from Colorado...

We have a disc golf club here in Colorado Springs. I'm not saying that it's the best club because any more if something needs to get done it gets taken on by a handful of people. I am not actually in the club (I would be if I could afford to join) but I am friends with the club president and many members.

Anyway, what I wanted to share was our method of raising funds. Tags are sold to raise money and then people play for those tags during regular or league singles play. I don't recall how much the tags cost but it is a decent way to raise some capital.

We have one course on City property and one on County property. The City course is fully maintained by us. The City does empty trash cans but all of the pin positions, trimming and wayward trash collection gets done by us. Unfortunately, I wish that our club was more active. We used to have a work day every year but now hardly any one shows up. So we have a pool of about 5 to 10 people that get things done. This year we raised up some pin positions that had gotten low and also built a nice wall behind one of the tees. I also was the one to recycle an old pin position into a new one on a different hole.

Sorry to ramble. The main thing that I was trying to point out was that tags can be used as a way to raise some cash. Just talked with someone and they said $15 to $20 is a good price to sell them.
Last edited by coonmanx on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coonmanx

Postby mkurtz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 pm

some good ideas there thanks
blizzards and wizards
mkurtz

Return to Ames Club