cant figure it out

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

cant figure it out

Postby puppetmaster » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Ive seen some people while putting throw with the nose down and I like the way the disc doesnt go way beyond. The problem is I have tried to mimic it and cant figure it out. Any suggestions? Is it the way they hold it, the wrist or what?
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby dx pete » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm

I would guess they are putting with less spin and more pitch. You need more air to hit the plate to force it down, or at least stall it
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 am

To learn how to putt with the nose down angle, you can do the phonebook drill. To practice the motion, take a phone book and try to throw it underhand. This type of motion will help to simulate the pitch putt style that allows for an easy nose down type of putt. If you watch the video clip on the front of the pdga site, watch how Nikko putt's. His style is kind of like this. Also, check out this clip of Shawn Sinclair. Another great pitch putter. Video clip
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Sprague » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 am

Jeff Homburg and Chris Sprague (2001)

Jeff has a very dramatic nose down putt (AERO)- he forces the under side center of the disc into the air at the desired angle (at the stall it knifes forward) Nikko and I met in 2002 and he still uses a similiar putt to my old putt (but 100x better) so check him out for sure!
Sprague

Postby gretagun » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 am

I have been experimenting with pitch putting technique myself, but have not used it during any actual rounds. It definitely gives me the nose down putts that I think you are looking for. It's going to take some time before I feel comfortable with it, but it does eliminate some variables, and now I just miss high or low. Climo gives a good demonstration of this technique in the first few minutes of this clip
"Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
Now I ain't living like I should"
gretagun

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 am

Lessons to commence for puppetmaster soon. Just kidding.

BTW: it helps to be 6'4". When putting nose down, you HAVE to, in order to have any chance @ making it in the basket. :lol:

I did like the quote above though:

"more pitch, less spin"

When spin-putting, the disc has less chance @ being nose down than loft-putting. Using Climo's "paint the pole" guideline helps w/ creating that pitch.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

OH GREAT, so called lessons from a former water world employee........

Cant wait, maybe you can tell me some of your war stories toooooo
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

LMAO... Wacky Waters!
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Putting Technique