2010 tags

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

2010 tags

Postby Nohr » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I know it is a couple months before the first event but can we get tags for the 2010 season yet?
Nohr

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm

typically they have gone for sale at the Osky tourney in March, but I could be wrong.
GDL17921

Postby Sprague » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:21 pm

I would love to see the new season tags at the season finale...

2 Reasons

1 Everyone should be there (I meant to say 'will probably be there'), so there could be a ceremonial type handing out of the tags based on performance during the season.

2 Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend a tag when all you want to do is screw around and play bad golf...(changed this to what I meant about winter ice golf)

Happy 2010 Tour everyone!
Last edited by Sprague on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sprague

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:07 am

Sprague wrote:I would love to see the new season tags at the season finale...

2 Reasons

1 Everyone should be there, so there could be a ceremonial type handing out of the tags based on performance during the season.

2 Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend the number 1 tag when all you want to do is screw around.

That I know of, you are the only person that wont play for a tag.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby KzQbn3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:17 am

Chase20460 wrote:
Sprague wrote:I would love to see the new season tags at the season finale...

2 Reasons

1 Everyone should be there, so there could be a ceremonial type handing out of the tags based on performance during the season.

2 Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend the number 1 tag when all you want to do is screw around.

That I know of, you are the only person that wont play for a tag.

Technically, if we were still playing for tags? The number 1 should be mine thanks to Wildcat Bluff....no worries though. I'll just get it this year....lmao
KzQbn3

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 am

I'll go ahead and coin this the Double Camden Call Out there Sprague...You and Tanner wrote the book on protecting the #1 tag, whenever you get done. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 pm

GDL5000 wrote:I'll go ahead and coin this the Double Camden Call Out there Sprague...You and Tanner wrote the book on protecting the #1 tag, whenever you get done. :lol:

That's funny. :roll: :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Pittman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 am

Can I get one by mail or have you guys give one to Steffen for me? I prolly won't make it down real soon, but want to get one this year.
Pittman

Postby shane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Once we get them in I'll have them on my site and I can send it that way or whatever works for you.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Nohr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Shane does that mean they are ordered and coming in?

What do people do with there old tags? Could a club in iowa use them. I usually keep stuff but I don't think I want to start collecting cow ear tags.
Could edge use/give them to school they are involved with?
Nohr

Postby shane » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 am

Nohr wrote:Shane does that mean they are ordered and coming in?

What do people do with there old tags? Could a club in iowa use them. I usually keep stuff but I don't think I want to start collecting cow ear tags.
Could edge use/give them to school they are involved with?

Nohr right now I'm trying to secure 12 dates for the upcoming Iowa Tour. Once I get the dates secured "hopefully the next week or two" I'll order the new tags and then it takes a couple of weeks.

As far as what happens to last years tags that's up to whomever purchased them. They bought them so they are theirs. A lot of the guys have several years of tags hanging on their bags. As far as giving them to EDGE I'm not sure what they would use them for. It would also be a nightmare to try to collect them all.

I appreciate the ideas though... keep them coming.
shane

Postby Nohr » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 am

Can I start bitching about the rules yet? I know this happened last year and shouldn't this year.

a) player a/b/c/d are on a card At an Iowa Tour event.
player a/b/c have tags.
Player A tag = 55
Player B tag = 98
Player C tag = 120

Player a challenges player b. Shoot the round.

They shoot a round
Player A shoots 63
Player B shoots 62
Player C shoots 61
Player D Shoots 54

Player A and B swap tags. Player C wants the lowest tag b/c they shot the best round. Player A/B say nope not going to happen we had a challenge and you were the odd man out sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------

here is maybe a suggestion also. On iowa tour events could players that have tags be grouped together for the first round? This would force more movement of the tags. I know last year in intermediate there were only a couple tournaments I even had to defend my tag.

I don't think this would make that much of a good ole boys club. Were there a lot of tags sold last year? If there are 8-10 people with tags you can still randomly mix them up.
Nohr

Postby shane » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:18 pm

As far as someone saying they are the odd man out or whatever bullchit. If they have a tag and it's a tourney round their tag is up for grab from whomever is playing with them. No if ands or buts. It's up to you guys to collect your tags. If there's ever any question and I'm at the tourney just come over and ask me. If I'm not there get my number and call me.

I would love to be able to group tag players with each other but realistically that's so hard to ask individual td's to try to keep track of almost impossible.
shane

Postby Nohr » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Shane this is what I am thinking. When players check in just if they say something about a tag put a star next to their name. Then when making the scorecards transfer the stars. When grouping people together just put the stars together.

Seems like a simple system to me. I do understand that it is almost impossible to get 11 or 12 tds to agree on this. Just an idea it would make more movement of tags for sure.
Nohr

Postby irban » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Screw it. Play for the tags on your card and that's it. No exceptions. The top tags are going to end up gravitating the to top cards anyway. Too many rules screws it all up. Forget about challenges too.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Next

Return to Iowa Tour