Iowa Tour Points - Hamilton

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby TravisTrammel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:55 pm

Sniper26 wrote:I find this to be one of the most entertaining threads on here in a while.

Shit , I don't know what to say! Entertaining at the least I guess for some.
TravisTrammel

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 am

Cydisc wrote:
bergdawg wrote:
Because they are 'Amateur' divisions and technically shouldn't even be playing for plastic.

Can someone explain this to me? I don't understand why all divisions can't play for the money that they put in. It seems kind of silly to pay a decent amount of money to play a tournament and I shouldn't be able to win anything. If that's the case everything but Open should be free IMO.

If it were up to me, Ams would play for trophies only, with a super-cheap entry fee. I think it might have been like that at one time, but events started to offer merch to attract more players and they needed to sustain a greater and greater payout with bigger and bigger entry fees.

My ideal tournament would have four divisions, two-each for males and females: Pro and Am. I would set the Pro entry fees similar to what they are now and set the Am entry fee at a level such that if you had 20 Ams show up, it would cover the cost of the trophies for all 4 divisions. If you had more than 20 Ams show up, then the TD would take a % of the surplus for himself and refund the rest to the Am field.

I think this type of setup would actually encourage more Am tournament play since (I think) the biggest deterrent to new players is the exorbitant entry fee.

What he said.
Tiki

Postby chainsmoker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:58 am

I think a flighted AM stucture would help eliminate the perceived bagging. The same structure that they used in Cedar Falls for snow disc. 1st round your all bunched together, 2nd round divided into thirds by score. You dont know where your going to end up, and your forced to play where your skills take you. :idea: I know I'm dreaming... like thats going to happen.
"ETIAM IN PUGNA"
chainsmoker

Postby shane » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 pm

I to do one of these once a year I think they're a great way of doing tournies. proflight, amflight, and recflight.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Previous

Return to Iowa Tour