Iowa Tour Points through Rez

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

$250 for a flight ain't bad, remember $20 each way for checked luggage. Rental car is about $350/week usually...split that 3 ways.

The important part is cashing in the event. :wink: Which seems to get harder every year.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Discwrangler wrote:$250 for a flight ain't bad, remember $20 each way for checked luggage. Rental car is about $350/week usually...split that 3 ways.

The important part is cashing in the event. :wink: Which seems to get harder every year.

lol! 4 years in a row with not cashing puts me at around -$4000 for just the USDGC. I also remember getting my rental car through priceline last year for around $14 a day with name your own price.....I think
AO

Postby Mr.Chad » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:33 pm

so assuming everyones plan go accordingly, the tournament starts on wednesday, when would be a good day to get there? oh the topic of driving was brought up, would it be cheaper than flying?
Mr.Chad

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Driving is about 950 miles from where you are. It would be cheaper, plus no rental car. If you have the time it's the way to go.

Getting there on Saturday is good if you've never been.

I hope to leave Friday night, practice Saturday, sunday, and Monday play some kind of money round (competitive) in the after noon after the qualifiers are mostly done. Take Tuesday for putting and relaxation.

My biggest mistake is playing a full round on Tuesday, making it 3-4 rounds everyday, then starting the tournament. By the second day I'm kind of burnt and sick of playing and the results have shown that. It's really hard to not go play the course, but I'm making it mandatory for me this year (if I go).
Last edited by Like_Water on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Mr.Chad » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Its about 10hrs more, but cheaper is always better, i guess.
Mr.Chad

Postby Clue » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah, Stibal is hooked up. He deserves to go and I'm glad he's getting the chance. So Adam qualified in MN? Congrats! I don't think I noticed since I was so busy adding up all the shots I took. I don't want to speculate this early, but I'd be tempted to go for the Monday qualifier even if I weren't in.
Clue

Previous

Return to Iowa Tour