New Course in Davenport

Postby Orange Guy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 pm

What if the surface beyond the fault line was made of a different material? Exposed aggregate? Permeable pavers?
Orange Guy

Postby curly » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 am

i saw a pretty cool idea with river rock all the way around the pad with larger landscape rock outside of that and it looks pretty sweet. it probably wouldnt be cheap but it would make that course stand out. and the flooding down there would probably ruin it. but thought it look sweet.
curly

Postby strokersix » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 am

A trowel or paint line on an extra long pad seems safest, meaning least likely to cause a stumble or twisted ankle.

Pavers or flypad would encourage respect for the fault line but certainly would require more maintenance than a painted or troweled line. Costs more too.

How about the pad tapers down in front of the fault line? Not a lot, 2-3 degrees. Enough to indicate you've crossed the line but not enough to trip over, plus zero maintenance.
strokersix

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:28 am

strokersix wrote:How about the pad tapers down in front of the fault line? Not a lot, 2-3 degrees. Enough to indicate you've crossed the line but not enough to trip over, plus zero maintenance.

good idea. Or maybe have the pad in front of the line level, but 1 inch lower. Most pads have a bigger drop off than that. (could also add color or texture to distinguish the front part better)
IHearChains

Postby Lou Siffer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

I think extending the pad and cutting a line at the fault point, then using paint to indicate the line is "OB" is looking like the way to go.

One thing I'm wondering is how long the "follow through" section should be. Would 3 feet be long enough?
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:Thanks for all the input, everyone.

I think extending the pad and cutting a line at the fault point, then using paint to indicate the line is "OB" is looking like the way to go.

One thing I'm wondering is how long the "follow through" section should be. Would 3 feet be long enough?
yep, thats all you would need
SARG27044

Postby TreeLoveInman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:38 am

SARG27044 wrote:
Lou Siffer wrote:Thanks for all the input, everyone.

yep, thats all you would need

Agreed! Any new news on anything about the park? Think it's going to hit off well, Man awesome to see these disc golf courses popping up everywhere. Can't get enough!
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Lisa28 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Just wondering if there is any info on when the course will be done? Is there an estimated date?
Lisa28

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 am

Big thanks to Chris Sprague, MDR, Evan, Ron, and others who came out and got the design of this course nailed down. They put a lot of time in down there, and I think it's going to play really well.

Also want to thank Alex Oehrlein for coming down there this past Saturday with me to help Eagle Scout candidate, Trevor Wince, and his crew put in 36 sleeves.

The baskets are currently being powdered coated a bright lime green, and should be ready to go within a week.

Tee signs are the next item in the works, and a tee pad contractor has been selected.

Good times. :)
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Hahaha Lime green baskets! F'in A!! Can't wait, When are baskets being put in/ Will you guys need some help with that? -David
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Sprague » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah, MDR came through in a big way. He made time on short notice on several occasions to help with this challenging design, and his course experience was instrumental in finalizing the layout! Not to mention he and Chase designed a course previously on the other side of the lagoon, and then again with me on that side - so he designed three or four different courses out there. (maybe we can use some of those imaginary holes someday!).

Also thanks to John Resch for coordinating the project with the City of Davenport (as well as helping with the design). Shaun Rodriguez and Mike Freeburg made trips out to test some of the pin placements, and Shaun played an important role by helping us "frame" the pin positions,

I'm sure MDR would agree this was a very challenging design with all the open space and possible tree/grass planting in the future. In the end we have 1 par 5, 8 par 4 options as well as a nice blend of sub 300ft holes.
Sprague

Postby anubis080 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 pm

I heard from someone the course is entirely in now and ready to play. Can anybody confirm this?
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby FB32992 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:44 pm

anubis080 wrote:I heard from someone the course is entirely in now and ready to play. Can anybody confirm this?

false
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby anubis080 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

FB32992 wrote:
anubis080 wrote:I heard from someone the course is entirely in now and ready to play. Can anybody confirm this?

false

damn! lol

Is there going to be a Fall tourney out there?
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Sprague » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Trevor (Eagle Scout) did a great job with the sign posts! He made sure they were back and to the side of the tee...we met last night to locate a missing tee (mower hit the flags) and to double check everything. We only found a couple of issues, which were easily resolved.

Thanks Trevor, best of luck to you! Appreciate your help!
Sprague

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport -- Credit Island