Manti Te'o' made up story of dead girlfriend

Sports related topics.

Postby 10up » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am

GDL17921 wrote:It was my understanding that the statute of limitations ran out on his perjury charges that were filed, which is why he came clean.

probably did. makes sense.

what a joke..
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Detra319 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Right but civil statutes of limitations run different than the 2/7/15/30 limitations that most criminal offenses hold. He will lose money. Lots and lots of it. He probably won't spend time in jail, which is what should happen. He did lots of good things, but thats like saying Hitler did good things because he dredged the Rhine river.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

wow you're comparing Lance Armstrong to Hitler? Get over it guy, he didn't whip your ass at the Tour de France. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby tufluk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 pm

He's a Liar. He's a cheat. I expect his sponsors and race directors want, and should get their money back. Those he demonized should get some restitution. It appears that there was/is a lot of doping in cycling. That being said, the tour de France means less to me than NHL or pro soccer. I certainly don't want to support this clown in prison. Sue him, fine him, and shame him.
Scumbag, not murderer.
tufluk

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

medicinal funk wrote:catfishing isnt uncommon

http://deadspin.com/5977360/colts-punte ... r-groupies

Neither is having a made up girlfriend to hide the fact that your gay. Thats the real issue.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

Neither is having a made up girlfriend to hide the fact that your gay. Thats the real issue.

LMAO :lol:
GDL17921

Postby medicinal funk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

careful, he might sue you for that. wait no he won't. sorry guys i keep forgetting we are mocking a 21 year old kid here and not human piece of shit lance armstrong. if he is in the closet, its only because we put him there. we created a society that demands men be heterosexual or face extreme ridicule and humiliation at the hands of their peers, and i don't think that is te'o's fault. its the fault of all the ignorant people out there who most likely have deeply-rooted insecurities in their own sexualities and project it onto others
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby tufluk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Psychobabble. I have no idea what te'o does in his bedroom. Nor do I care. My guess is, he doesn't know or care what I do either.

Maybe he's straight and you're puting him in a closet just to pull him out?????

His dick, his business.

http://youtu.be/4eN_UX-UqfU
tufluk

Postby grodney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 am

medicinal funk wrote:if he is in the closet, its only because we put him there. we created a society that demands men be heterosexual or face extreme ridicule and humiliation at the hands of their peers, and i don't think that is te'o's fault. its the fault of all the ignorant people out there who most likely have deeply-rooted insecurities in their own sexualities and project it onto others

Well said.
grodney

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

tufluk wrote:I have no idea what te'o does in his bedroom.

i'm guessing sleeping and storing his clothing
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 pm

I dont care if the guy is gay. I dont know that He is. Im just pointing out what to me seems to be obvious and mainstream media just isnt going there...yet.

My post wasnt meant to call him out or put him down. Like Gene, Im long past the point where I care about that type of stuff anymore. Your sexual orentation doesnt define who you are to Me.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby tufluk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:I have no idea what te'o does in his bedroom. Nor do I care.

Strange. :shock: Yesterday you had him hiding in his closet, worried about the ignorant people subjecting him to extreme ridicule and humiliation. Over something that's only a rumor. Glad you came around to my side. :lol:
tufluk

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

tufluk wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
tufluk wrote:I have no idea what te'o does in his bedroom. Nor do I care.

Strange. :shock: Yesterday you had him hiding in his closet, worried about the ignorant people subjecting him to extreme ridicule and humiliation. Over something that's only a rumor. Glad you came around to my side. :lol:

yeah, i'm not saying this is the case neither did i say he WAS gay or whatever, moreso just laying the framework for some possible debate on the subject. he especially though, being an athlete, would be subject to the homophobia that is rampant in american sports. have you read john amaechi's book? the dude went through some pretty unfair shit. you have to admit that american sports are hypermasculated (is that even a word?)

Chase20460 wrote: Like Gene, Im long past the point where I care about that type of stuff anymore. Your sexual orentation doesnt define who you are to Me.

word chase...i'm with you on that. just making an observation mostly, for those who are starting to speculate and potentially seeing that as something that is funny and/or worth mocking further

good to know we are all on the same page
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby 10up » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm

if you want to know how gay can screw you over as a great pro athlete just look at Jeff Garcia.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
too bad we're focusing our energy on mocking this kid instead of tearing apart scumbag lance armstrong who bankrupted people and ruined lives on his way to protecting his career based on lies and being a huge douchebag.

i guess its a lot easier to take cheap shots at people
Nobody gives a shit about Cycling. Most people have figured he juiced years ago, which is why its not that big of a surprise. They both lied to save face. But you defend one, and out the other? Right on....Its my opinion he continued to lie after finding out the truth to get sympathy votes in the Heisman race.
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Sports