Women at Augusta National?

Sports related topics.

Women at Augusta National?

Postby 1semenking » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 am

I just saw that Augusta National has allowed two women to become members of their golf club. This is the first such action since the beginning of the club nearly 80 years ago. I was shocked by the news of this and was wondering what others thought of it???

I thought that it was especially neat that a club had stood by their policies for so long. Makes me wonder if the were getting grief for it or if they wanted to finally make changes there. I will send a message to Pete May and find out.

I never have had a problem with women on the ball or disc golf course. However, I will never allow them in my club house!!!
1semenking

Postby O_D » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

Don't know if this is entirely true but....I heard somewhere that the CEO of IBM has always gotten and invitation to join the club.....the new CEO of IBM is female.

Anticipated time to complete a round at Augusta has just increased by 45 mins....
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby Like_Water » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

It wasn't that long ago they allowed their first black member.

Reminds me of a Neil Young song.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Melvins420 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm

OH, MY GOSH! PRAISE BE! TWO WEALTHY WOMEN HAVE BEEN ADMITTED INTO AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB FOR WEALTHY MEN! ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!
Melvins420

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 am

You're still a cock, Melvins, but I'm gonna give you that one.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Return to Sports