4%

Total votes : 46

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Yep. Set myself up on that one.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby 10up » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Clue wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:Finally, #10 is in the hall. it's too bad he's not around to enjoy it. Congrats Ron, and the radio hasn't been the same with out ya.

I'm sure that in your head you were thinking about the Cubs, saw *worst team* and thought this was the appropriate thread. However, you were wrong.

nelsonmuntz.jpg
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby grodney » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Not that expectations were THAT high for Carolina this year, but sucking this year has everyone in an absolute tizzy compared to other years of sucking.
grodney

Postby Clue » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

If I had remembered Rivera was their coach I would've bet the farm on the *under* for total wins. Those who were paying attention heard stats like Cam's yards/rating and everything else dropping in half the second half of last season. Fantasy owners didn't notice as much because he still got a bunch of rushing TDs, but at a pace he could never keep up for another season.

This isn't a black/white issue, it's a stupid/smart issue. Vick, Cam, Russel, Leaf, Jeff George were all big talents who just can't memorize the playbook, read defenses, and make good decisions. Everything you hear about RG III and Luck is that they are really smart guys.

So Cam is a bust, but he's so talented that they may not totally figure it out for a few years yet. I can't believe TB is only -2 at Carolina this week. Lock it up!!!
Clue

Postby grodney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 am

Having watched every minute of every Carolina game last year, I could have told you (and posted about it here) that Cam's stats were inflated in the first half of the year, due to crazy late-game catches and lots of long runs after screen pass catches. And yes, the last half was a big slowdown from the first. Funny that having no pre-season last year, so they had to keep things simple, actually probably helped him.

Amazing that a team that has two guys that rushed for 1100 yards IN THE SAME SEASON can't get either of them over about 50 yards in a game. Their receivers have been one bust after another, other than Steve. But mostly I blame the O-line and the D-line. The D-line is getting better, seemingly, but the O-line can't do anything.
grodney

Postby AO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 am

AO

Previous

Return to Sports