Vibram does it again

Sports related topics.

Vibram does it again

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 am

For those that lift weights and/ or run. These shoes are amazing. I've always been a guy that prefers barefoot or flip flops over shoes. Just got 'em for my birthday and regular shoes are uncomfortable now. Ran with them for the first time this morning and definately a more natural feel. Even if you don't work out, they're so comfortable to just wear around if you don't mind paying the price.

NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby RonRazz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 am

I've had a a pair of the trek sports for a month now and they are great. They are pretty good for lifting and running, the furthest I have run with them is a mile. They are great for Crossfit. They are tough mine have taken a beating and are still like new.
RonRazz

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 am

Are they tough enough for disc golf or just other activities?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Pittman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 am

Do they have enough support/cushion for long running? They seem "flimsy".
Pittman

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 am

Haven't tried them disc golfing, nor do I think I will. A little skeptic about the terrain and the run up. I don't think they are recommended for start and stop sports especially with someone with bad ankles like myself. One of these days I'll probably try a couple of throws just to see.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:38 am

Pittman wrote:Do they have enough support/cushion for long running? They seem "flimsy".

They are suggested for specifically that. There are even waterproof ones that are made to run through puddles or in the rain. I only ran a mile and a half this morning on the treadmill. It really does feel like you're running barefoot, but with a little cushion underneath. The idea is to present a more natural motion when running. In return a better work out for your legs as well as gaining better balance.

Haven't tried them running outside yet. Will be interesting to to see how they work on uneven surfaces. However, no the website there is a picture of them running through a puddle in the grass. And of course they are machine washable.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 am

I have seen two guys wearing them on the course. Only got to inquire w/ one of them, but he said he loved them for DG. He was a casual player, only threw a flick - so not sure about holding up to the pressure of someone who has a big runup.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Cydisc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 am

ghstinshll wrote:I have seen two guys wearing them on the course. Only got to inquire w/ one of them, but he said he loved them for DG. He was a casual player, only threw a flick - so not sure about holding up to the pressure of someone who has a big runup.

I must have seen the same guy up here.

*flick shot into trees*

"How you like those 5-fingers?"
"There awesome"
"I think you meant to say 'they're'"

*blank stare*
Cydisc

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:11 am

i didn't see any paraphernalia on the guy, but pretty much. the way it went & sounded.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby RonRazz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Pittman wrote:Do they have enough support/cushion for long running? They seem "flimsy".

Five fingers are the exact opposite. They have little to no support which is intended. They will make you discover muscles that you never knew you had. There are many people that have run marathons in them.
Last edited by RonRazz on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RonRazz

Postby irban » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:36 pm

RonRazz wrote:

Five fingers are the exact opposite. They have little to no support with is intended. They will make you discover muscles that you never knew you had. There are many people that have run marathons in them.

I know some runners who went back to running barefoot because they had a lot of injuries, and it worked for them. There is a school of thought that no shoes are better for your feet and legs. It sucks for them in the winter though. These might help that.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby RonRazz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
They are suggested for specifically that. There are even waterproof ones that are made to run through puddles or in the rain. I only ran a mile and a half this morning on the treadmill. It really does feel like you're running barefoot, but with a little cushion underneath. The idea is to present a more natural motion when running. In return a better work out for your legs as well as gaining better balance.

Haven't tried them running outside yet. Will be interesting to to see how they work on uneven surfaces. However, no the website there is a picture of them running through a puddle in the grass. And of course they are machine washable.

They are great on a bike path. Small twigs and rocks are not really noticable. Walking on gravel is not painful but you do feel it more. The only time I can say I have had a painful step was when I was running late to the gym didnt notice a baseball sized rock that I stepped on, but that would hurt regardless of the footwear.

Did you notice that your were heel stricking when you first started or were you running mid foot?
RonRazz

Postby RonRazz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Are they tough enough for disc golf or just other activities?

It depends on the course. Jones and eastern all day. (As long as you have adjusted to disctance malking with them) C2, Wildcat no never.

They make a Kangaroo Leather KSO(keep Stuff Out) model which the above pictured Treksport was modeled after and shares similar tread with. I would use that one for disc golf over the Treksport.
RonRazz

Postby Orange Guy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 pm

I've got a pair of KSOs, Classics and Bikilas. I've run my 5K route in both the KSOs and Bikilas and love 'em. I wear them when I work out in my garage and at the gym. I tried them once or twice for disc golf and did not enjoy it.
Orange Guy

Postby z-man » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 am

Cydisc wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:I have seen two guys wearing them on the course. Only got to inquire w/ one of them, but he said he loved them for DG. He was a casual player, only threw a flick - so not sure about holding up to the pressure of someone who has a big runup.

I must have seen the same guy up here.

*flick shot into trees*

"How you like those 5-fingers?"
"There awesome"
"I think you meant to say 'they're'"

*blank stare*

Your a funny guy Cy...keep up the good work
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Next

Return to Sports