Iowa DG Fantasy Football 2011

Sports related topics.

Postby Like_Water » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:28 am

so we need to draft in the next week or two.

Thursday nights don't work for the DM BW's.

Next Monday doesn't work for me either....other than that whenever.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:56 am

Is there a QC tourney this weekend? Ill have to give my money to a BW on Thursday if so, wont have PayPal set up for another week or two.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby z-man » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Next Monday is no good for me either...My 8 year league drafts on the 30th (Reigning champion by the way...scored a cool 200 bucks last year for winning)...Just about any other evening will work for me...so long as its past 7:30 your time
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I have sent out league invites to the 5 people who have paid already.
Sniper26

Postby dischawk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Are league settings set in stone or can they be put up for discussion??
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Completely open for discussion, for some reason I thought we had 2 QBs last season.
Sniper26

Postby The Donator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Any way I can get $10 to a BW'er this Sunday that is going to see Sniper soon?
The Donator

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Send it with them in a envelope with your name, email, and iowadg screen name.
Sniper26

Postby arowan21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 am

Aaron: get me 10 bucks and ill send it saturday
arowan21

Postby dischawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 am

We only had 1 QB last year and while we did have 3 WR slots last year I don't like the idea at all especially since we have a flex position. The 3rd wide receiver spot gets waay too watered down with people putting guys nobody has heard of in a starting slot and they barely score any points. I think the flex position is better to have than the 3rd WR slot but not both.

I'm also not a fan of passing TD's being only 4 pts, i think they should be 6. Some people might think that gives Qb's too much of an advantage but if you only have 1 QB slot then it puts Qb's at a premium rather than watering down their value so everyone drafts nothing but RB's in the first two rounds.

This is all my opinion but I also think it will make the league better too.

Also, does yahoo allow for bonus points in any way? I know that was brought up earlier.
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 am

One last thing, non-scoring related. I would drop the waiver time down to 1 day or take it off all together if possible too so people dont have to wait so long to add dropped players. By the 2nd half of the season when Thursday games start going, If someone drops a player monday then they only become available thursday morning with less than 1 day to add the player before they might play on thursday.

Again this is just my opinion for what would work better
dischawk

Postby Detra319 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:19 am

And where do I find Sniper at? You going to be at the Open in the QC this weekend? My paypal is apparently on the fritz, and I don't have another credit card to use, so....
Detra319

Postby z-man » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

I think you need a waiver period of at least one day so everyone has the chance to check in and see a new player that someone has dropped...

Also, I would agree that 3 WR's and a flex spot might be overkill. I don't care about the QB count, 1 or 2 is fine. But 2WR and a flex or 3WR would probably be enough players to manage. Adding that extra spot would certainly make the draft more interesting in the later rounds though...and could truly determine the best manager.

I'm also cool leaving everything as is...just bummed the draft isn't for another week and a half :x
Will we be having two leagues this year or one? I saw the league was limited to 10 players...and what's the payout gonna be...10, 25, 65 or winner take all or what??
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby The Donator » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am

z-man wrote:I think you need a waiver period of at least one day so everyone has the chance to check in and see a new player that someone has dropped...

Also, I would agree that 3 WR's and a flex spot might be overkill. I don't care about the QB count, 1 or 2 is fine. But 2WR and a flex or 3WR would probably be enough players to manage. Adding that extra spot would certainly make the draft more interesting in the later rounds though...and could truly determine the best manager.

I'm also cool leaving everything as is...just bummed the draft isn't for another week and a half :x
Will we be having two leagues this year or one? I saw the league was limited to 10 players...and what's the payout gonna be...10, 25, 65 or winner take all or what??

Payout top 3 obv....but yeah just another week and a half for Harvin and crew to get healthy and other top-tier WR's to break an arm playing flag football or wrestle around with their coach.
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Sniper26 wrote:I am tentatively scheduling the draft for Monday September 6th at 7:45 PM.

Are we banking on this night?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Sports