The LeBron Sweepstakes

Sports related topics.

Postby Cydisc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 am

ghstinshll wrote:So which defection is bigger?

Favre to the Vikes
or
LeBron leaving the Cavs

Favre was shown the door in GB. He's free to play for whomever he wants.
Cydisc

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am

LeBron...what a pussy. Pussy Pussy Pussy. I can't win, other people can win for me! I'm good, just not good enough! Would any other amazing athlete in the world EVER do/say that? Nope...
Detra319

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Detra319 wrote:LeBron...what a pussy. Pussy Pussy Pussy. I can't win, other people can win for me! I'm good, just not good enough! Would any other amazing athlete in the world EVER do/say that? Nope...

[Jimmy Kimmel voice] Hi, my name is Karl Malone. I would like to introduce my friend Gary "The Glove" Payton. [/Jimmy Kimmel voice]
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Like_Water » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm

I love how interested everyone became in this NBA free agent situation, with the best player ever being one of them. We all wait and speculate and build him up hoping he comes to our team, then when he decides, we demonize him as an ego maniac. :roll:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

The Donator wrote:Im so sick of hearing about the god damn Bulls. They are so irrelevant to the NBA anymore. Its laughable you guys thought you had a chance to land him or D-Wade. Still wouldnt have even gotten you higher than a #4 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs if you landed either one.

...and your becoming the worlds biggest Heat fan when? Oh wait, they were probably always your second favorite team since you were little and all that bandwagon crap?

Little early for hitting the hard stuff, no?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:07 pm

AO wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:I That kind of debunks my theroy he is in it to become a bigger icon than Jordan.

That's crazy someone would even make this statement. Jordan is the greatest athelete of all time! Comparisons are stupid.

I didnt say he wasnt. I said a bigger ICON than Jordan. Thats about more than basketball, smarts.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:LeBron...what a pussy. Pussy Pussy Pussy. I can't win, other people can win for me! I'm good, just not good enough! Would any other amazing athlete in the world EVER do/say that? Nope...

[Jimmy Kimmel voice] Hi, my name is Karl Malone. I would like to introduce my friend Gary "The Glove" Payton. [/Jimmy Kimmel voice]

It doesnt count when your 60 years old and do that.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Discwrangler wrote:I love how interested everyone became in this NBA free agent situation, with the best player ever being one of them. We all wait and speculate and build him up hoping he comes to our team, then when he decides, we demonize him as an ego maniac. :roll:

He did that himself. We just get our licks in when we can.

Chase20460

Postby Like_Water » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:I love how interested everyone became in this NBA free agent situation, with the best player ever being one of them. We all wait and speculate and build him up hoping he comes to our team, then when he decides, we demonize him as an ego maniac. :roll:

He called himself an ego maniac? He might be, but he's worked hard to act like he's not.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
The Donator wrote:Im so sick of hearing about the god damn Bulls. They are so irrelevant to the NBA anymore. Its laughable you guys thought you had a chance to land him or D-Wade. Still wouldnt have even gotten you higher than a #4 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs if you landed either one.

...and your becoming the worlds biggest Heat fan when? Oh wait, they were probably always your second favorite team since you were little and all that bandwagon crap?

Little early for hitting the hard stuff, no?

Lol you kill me Chase. My post had nothing to do with the Heat, i just hate all Chicago teams.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Basketball is a sport to us, but it's a job and a business to these guys. I could work a lot harder than I do and make more money, but I like my lifestyle and I like playing frisbee golf so I don't. To carry the Cavs to a championship would be incredibly hard work and would take a huge toll on him mentally and physically. Now he has a cushy job where he doesn't have to work as hard in what seems to be much more desirable working conditions (South Beach vs Lake Erie), and it also opens a lot of doors to a brand new and unique marketing strategy. We haven't seen this before, but it's going to happen more and more in the coming years. And the business dynamics are going to change along with it.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:41 pm

It will be real Hollywood down there - Noah :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby 10up » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm just glad he didn't go to the knicks. All the better for Melo to stay in Denver now... as long as they can come up with a good contract.

If he would've gone to the knicks Melo would've left next year for sure.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:

He called himself an ego maniac? He might be, but he's worked hard to act like he's not.

Really? You didnt watch the show did you?

"Lebron James has to what is best for Lebron James."

Chase Roberts says that when Chase Roberts is speaking in the third person, he is acting like an ego maniac.

Chase20460

Postby The Donator » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:

Really? You didnt watch the show did you?

"Lebron James has to what is best for Lebron James."

Chase Roberts says that when Chase Roberts is speaking in the third person, he is acting like an ego maniac.

:lol: :lol:
Gotlieb just absolutely lit him up on Rome is Burning (filling in for Rome). Just tore him apart piece by piece like every other news and media outlet is doing. Loved the part when he ripped on his "neckbeard."
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Sports