The LeBron Sweepstakes

Sports related topics.

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 am

LeBron to New York.
Detra319

Postby Bradbalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm

The "Decision" is only a ten minutes away. Clearly looks like Miami, I don't think they have enough and will be to cap stricken to get better, Bosh doesn't want to play Center, and no serviceable center is going to play for the minimum when an average backup center is getting 2-3 Million.

I think the Lebron to the Bulls make more sense, but even without him they are going to have a great team, maybe better without him.

With the money they aren't going to pay Lebron I would like to see them resign Brad Miller or Luis Scola for a backup big, make a run as long as they don't overpay for JJ Redick and Corey Brewer.
Something like this
Lebron $15 Mil

Instead
Miller 3 Mil - Backup 4 or 5
Reddick 3 Mil - Off the bench Outside Shooting
Brewer 3 Mil - Starting 2 Guard
Scola 4 Mil Backup 4 or 5
Leaves them a couple Mil for a serviceable 10 min a game point guard.

This Would make a deep and dangerous team with 4 solid bigs - Boozer, Noah, Scola, and Miller

3 good wings - Brewer, Deng, Taj

Reddick and Brewer make a good 2 guard rotation

and of course maybe the leagues best point in rose, who will look especially good with Boozer to run pick and rolls.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Clue » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm

It's Miami. Now if the rest of the roster consists of me and Lindsley with Fausch coming off the bench then yeah, they may not win any titles, but with Sprague and AO they might, and with any college level players they will win easily. I'll take Miami over the field if anyone wants that bet.
Clue

Postby Bradbalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:51 pm

I still think LA has to be the favorite next year, it remains to been seen how effectively Wade and Lebron can share the ball, and as Boston and LA showed, depth can make all the difference.

Thats why I hope Chicago spends its cap money wisely on 4-5 good players as opposed to overspending on one or two.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Bradbalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Funny tweet from Patrice O'Neal " Byron Scott is now the best player on the Cavs"
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Bradbalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 pm

And actually I think Durant Resigning is a much bigger deal than Lebron, He might be the best player in the NBA in 2010, and if Thunder can keep that team together I expect them to replace the Lakers as the West Powerhouse in a couple years.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Clue » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm not going to pretend to know the first thing about Bosh, but D-Wade and LeBron are not only 2 of the greatest players to ever play the game, but 2 of the best athletes all around. And it's not like either of these guys have ever shown any propensity to act like T.O.

L.A. the favorites? I actually think Kobe is still underrated. He's an exceptional player, but I don't think he has the lift that he used to and his warrior mentality that keeps him playing through numerous injuries is catching up to him, plus he has more miles on him for a guy his age than anyone who has ever played before.

D-Wade and LeBron are both younger and fresher, and one of them is always going to have a 2nd tier defender on them. They will obviously have to come up with at least one shooter and a couple big bodies, but Lindsley already alluded to one and when the Celtics are 15 games back in January they'll be happy to dump Ray Allen!

Obviously nobody knows, but I just don't see how this doesn't work. Even if there was some dissension, I think these guys are smart enough to keep it from breaking the team.
Clue

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I cant see anyone beating Miami over a 7 game series.

Pau Gasol is the key to L.A. staying on top. Kobe will be Kobe, and will continue to dominate, but Gasol is the key to victory.

Personally, I think it sucks and lost alot of faith for LeBron tonight. I really wanted the Bulls, but hoped worse case it would be the Cavs or the Knicks, who will suck either way with or without him. Anyone BUT Miami. I really cant see how thats the best move for him for any reason with the exception of winning. That kind of debunks my theroy he is in it to become a bigger icon than Jordan. Any championships they win or records they break will always have a taint about them. At least it secures Jordans legacy, and for that I am happy.

He took the easiest way out, if you cant beat them join them.

Id like the Bulls to make another big move, possibly through the trade channels, and I will pray to whoever they knock the Heat out of the playoffs every year, as the Cavs will never be back anytime soon.

So....is Shaq headed to Miami, Dallas or Chicago? Maybe the Knicks?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Clue » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 pm

If only I had stayed faithful to the Heat when I jumped on their bandwagon my freshman year in HS. Yeah, it seems a little cheesy. It's kind of like playing doubles with Sprague. I feel a little dirty when I win that way.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Im so sick of hearing about the god damn Bulls. They are so irrelevant to the NBA anymore. Its laughable you guys thought you had a chance to land him or D-Wade. Still wouldnt have even gotten you higher than a #4 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs if you landed either one.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby AO » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 am

AO wrote:Sounds like it's Miami.
AO

Postby AO » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 am

Chase20460 wrote:I That kind of debunks my theroy he is in it to become a bigger icon than Jordan.

That's crazy someone would even make this statement. Jordan is the greatest athelete of all time! Comparisons are stupid.
AO

Postby Cydisc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:32 am

Glad that's over. Now we can focus on Favre's plans for the NFL season.
Cydisc

Postby njrules » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 am

The Donator wrote:Im so sick of hearing about the god damn Bulls. They are so irrelevant to the NBA anymore. Its laughable you guys thought you had a chance to land him or D-Wade. Still wouldnt have even gotten you higher than a #4 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs if you landed either one.

Agreed, there are only a handful of teams in the NBA that have an actual chance to win a championship in a given year and the Bulls have not been one since Jordan was there. Great you made the playoffs, so did the Bobcats.
njrules

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 am

So which defection is bigger?

Favre to the Vikes
or
LeBron leaving the Cavs
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Sports