"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:10 pm

To play baseball.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:23 pm

He's going to run for President. He could beat Palin with his eyes closed.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:06 pm

who would play him on Saturday night live? :lol:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Re: The LeBron Sweepstakes

Postby Clue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Chase20460 wrote:So? Where is he going?

So little of this actually has to do with basketball. There's two huge factors that will keep him from NY, taxes and his house. There are ridiculous taxes in NYC and that city is going to be in big big trouble in the years to come. Certainly he can live in New Jersey where a lot of the celebs live to avoid NY taxes, but it's not going to happen. The 2nd thing is his house in Ohio. It's too big to sell. Nobody in Akron is gonna drop tens of millions on a home so he's stuck with it.

I don't think there's significant marketing possibilities outside of NY that would justify him leaving. Chicago is the only other place to consider, but D-Wade was growing up in Chicago when Krause unravelled the Bulls and he's commented on the lack of loyalty there, and LeBron doesn't want to live in MJ's shadow.

Did I hear the Cav's hired Byron Scott? That would help.
Clue

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:27 pm

I think LBJ stays in Cleveland, Bosh and DWade in Miami, Joe Johnson and Amare in Chi-town with DRose, the Nicks have to sign somebody and Carlos Boozer isnt going to cut it. Maybe they wait for Melo and resign David Lee. Its just like dominoes once the first one falls the rest should go quick but it is the most interesting non season event in NBA basketball I can remember.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Clue wrote:

So little of this actually has to do with basketball. There's two huge factors that will keep him from NY, taxes and his house. There are ridiculous taxes in NYC and that city is going to be in big big trouble in the years to come. Certainly he can live in New Jersey where a lot of the celebs live to avoid NY taxes, but it's not going to happen. The 2nd thing is his house in Ohio. It's too big to sell. Nobody in Akron is gonna drop tens of millions on a home so he's stuck with it.

Yes sir, you are correct. Thats something nobody has brought up, his gigantic palace in the middle of Ohio. Doesnt matter how much your going to make, you still cant find anybody to take that thing. Not to mention the Knicks suck, and he would rather be in Brooklyn with Jay-Z. Taxes are the main interest in Florida, or at least a big one. Also, I dont see him playing with someone of Wades caliber, thats just someone else to take from his greatness. I am of the belief that he wants championships, but not at the expense of becoming a world wide icon, similar to Jordan. It really ( winning multiple championships ) hasnt done THAT much for Kobe Bryant. Not that it doesnt help cement his legacy, but LeBrons legacy was cemented in high school. Its now about building a brand name bigger than Jordans. In other words, the money matters alot more than winning.

I don't think there's significant marketing possibilities outside of NY that would justify him leaving. Chicago is the only other place to consider, but D-Wade was growing up in Chicago when Krause unravelled the Bulls and he's commented on the lack of loyalty there, and LeBron doesn't want to live in MJ's shadow.

I agree, but dont think hes all that concerned about the past. I would love to see him in Chicago, and think if he can go there and win he could go down as the best ever, even without 6 championships. And, also, I think the LeBron/ MJ product possiblilties are endless for about the next million years, and if I can believe it , I find it impossible someone from Nike hasnt already thought of it. Chicago can also sign Carlos Boozer, or maybe even Amare Stoudamire, I think without dumping Luol Dang, Chris Bosh is out of the question. That, along with Rose and Noah is a pretty good set-up, and none of them could ever steal LeBrons thunder. And I would love it.

Did I hear the Cav's hired Byron Scott? That would help.

Yeah, or that he is the frontrunner. I agree, big step. In my mind, I see him in Cleveland for at least 2 years, then a sign and trade deal to New Jersey for someone they will have by then. If he doesnt win 2 titles in a row, Id say bank on it. I cant see him in Newark for 2 years, having already spent enough in a shit town, so I dont thin the Nets are in it right now.
http://www.ironliondgs.com

Chase20460

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 pm

nowhere, $30 million reasons to stay home in his $25million, 40,000 sq foot mansion in akron that he will not be able to sell ever. and if he does leave he will be the most hated person in ohio, and he will never be able to return home without death threats. who cares about everybody else???

20$ says he's goin nowhere. any takers?
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:01 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:
20$ says he's goin nowhere. any takers?

I'll take your money. If you win expect it in dirty ones.
Grimm

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 am

D-Wade and maybe Boozer or Lee to Chicago?

Chase20460

Postby AO » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 am

Lebron announces tomorrow where he is going or staying....

Wade and Bosh in Miami.
AO

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 am

He is staying in Cleveland. Looks like Boozer will stay in Utah.

Bulls may get Foye, probably David Lee, which is a good pickup.

Chase20460

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 am

"The Decision" :lol: It's like he is deciding whether or not to save mankind.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby chappyfade » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

He's going to Kansas City.

http://www.bringlebrontokc.com

:D :D :D :D
chappyfade

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Buzzznation wrote:"The Decision" :lol: It's like he is deciding whether or not to save mankind.

You could make that case for Cleveland...

Chase20460

Next

Return to Sports