Any takers?

Sports related topics.

Any takers?

Postby bkoliver » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:08 pm

http://ames.craigslist.org/wan/1780238352.html

Wanted: New Athletic Conference - $1 (Ames, IA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-07, 4:20PM CDT
Reply to: sale-uqrje-1780238352@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted: New Athletic Conference.

152-year-old Land-Grant University seeks new Athletic Conference after potentially being hung out to dry by its current Athletic Conference.

We are a current member of the American Association of Universities and invented a little something called the computer. Ever hear of that bia?

We have had moderate success in collegiate athletics - moreso in the “Olympic Sports” that no one claims to care about, but will still boast about because they totally save our asses when it comes to shit like the Learfield Sports Directors' Cup (we’re currently 31st, btw).

Our football and men’s basketball programs are on the rise, however, thanks to the hiring of two hometown heroes. We even won a bowl game last year. (Can you say that Kansas State? I didn’t think so.)

We also know how to throw a mean party and our local law enforcement are “well-versed” in riot control (burning dumpsters rolling down Campustown are optional).

We’re used to being the whipping boy for other teams, but have been known to turn it around and take someone by surprise (I’m looking at you, Nebraska).

We would like to find a conference that respects us for who we are and doesn’t look at us as bottom-feeders. But, who are we kidding, we’ll gladly take anything if it means increased TV exposure and money. That goes for you Big 10, are you listening?

Missouri Valley Conference need not apply. For more information, please see www.widerightandnattylight.com

Also - Free to good home (or any home): one Big 12 Athletic Conference Commissioner. “Loyal” (as long as your name rhymes with “exas”) but wishy-washy. Has a tendency to shit the bed when faced with adversity. No returns.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1780238352
bkoliver

Postby 10up » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm

As much fun as I'd have watching read:"hearing about" the Clones being second rate in the MVC next to the daunting UNI, Youngstown State, Western Illinois' and Kentuckys. I doubt it happens.

I really think you're going to see C-USA step up and grab alot of schools. Like 6 or 7. It isn't the Big12, but you've got Tulane, TCU, Southern Miss and Louisville. Might actually be a good place for the clones to pull out a 6-6.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

10up wrote:I really think you're going to see C-USA step up and grab alot of schools. Like 6 or 7. It isn't the Big12, but you've got Tulane, TCU, Southern Miss and Louisville. Might actually be a good place for the clones to pull out a 6-6.

If this whole conference expansion doomsday scenario plays out I think the Clones end up in C-USA as well. Everyone keeps pimping the Mountain West, but I don't see that happening. I see the MWC and WAC combining and dropping a to a 16 team league ...... leaving C-USA the only home for ISU.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby z-man » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 am

I believe ISU has stated that they would prefer to remain bottom dwellers in the current conference they are in...
DON'T WE GET A SAY IN ALL THIS!!!!!

What's everyone view of a major conference shuffle...why is the consolidation needed anyway...why can't one team just move somewhere if they are unhappy and let life continue on as normal??
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby The Donator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am

z-man wrote:I believe ISU has stated that they would prefer to remain bottom dwellers in the current conference they are in...

What's everyone view of a major conference shuffle...why is the consolidation needed anyway...why can't one team just move somewhere if they are unhappy and let life continue on as normal??

Its the end of Division I college football as we know it. As for the consolidation, ill let Corey explain, i dont have the energy to type his essays
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:47 am

z-man wrote:I believe ISU has stated that they would prefer to remain bottom dwellers in the current conference they are in...

ISU can think they have a say, but sadly they bring nothing to the table, no tv market, no national brand name, etc. So they don't have a say. They do bring academics, but who are we kidding none of this is about academics. Didn't look like TCU, Rice, Houston, and SMU had a voice when Texas decided to join the Big 8 (12) with it's buddies and leave the rest of the Southwest Conference in the dust. The same will happen in the Big 12 if Texas eaves, just like in the SWC Texas has all the power.

I'm not a fan of the super conferences but I think it's going to happen. A lot of people think if ND joins the B10 that it wil be over; I don't think so. A-the Pac-10 is the one driving the action now and B- ND won't join unless they see the Big East going under, the only way that happens is because of super conferences.

The only way I see things not going the super conference route I if the Big Ten adds one schol not named Nebraska (probably Mizzou or Rutgers) an the Pac-10 adds two, Colorado and anyone not named Texas (probably Utah). The Big 12 could replace Mizzou and Colorado and till be solid. However if one of their big three leave (Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska) the conference goes away as a BCS conference.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:52 am

Thought I heard on Sportscenter this am that the Big 12 President says Nebraska is planning on going to the Big 10...Anyone else hear or see that?
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

Dude I've heard a lot of speculation and "credible" sources, but until I see an AD or conference comish at a podium making and announcement then it's all specuation to me.
Single L

Postby Clue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

The Donator wrote:As for the consolidation, ill let Corey explain, i dont have the energy to type his essays

How hard is it to type MONEY.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:19 am

Of course thats the simple response, but Corey wont let it stand at just that... :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 am

The Donator wrote:Of course thats the only response, but Corey wont let it stand at just that... :lol:

Fixed...
Clue

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am

I'm off work sick today and wasting away at the doctors office so I figured I'd type a essay from the waiting room ..... But yes it money and ISU is worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
Single L

Postby njrules » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am

Yep, no Big 12 Network = no Big 12 (funny how quickly things change)
njrules

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 am

Clue wrote:
The Donator wrote:Of course thats the only response, but Corey wont let it stand at just that... :lol:

Fixed...

I don't think it's the only response but it's the only REASON. The responses very from little movement to all out chaos and cannibalism.
Single L

Postby z-man » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 am

porkchop wrote:But yes it money and ISU is worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

I know ISU ain't worth jack in the college sports kingdom...I'm just saying that this potential shuffling could impact a lot of schools around the country...I hope its not the wishes of a few impacting the structure of everyone (though I know that's the case)
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Return to Sports