Where were you.....

Sports related topics.

Where were you.....

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

When Tiger made his Statement today?

Got to see it live. Not much of a public speaker, but he sounded genuine. Biggest mistake on his part was telling the media to leave his family alone. Ha, good luck with that one. That's like the "Don't push this Button" routine.
I still can't believe how big of a deal this was/ is. Makes Brett Favre's retire/ return antics look like a bump in the road.

I'm still banking on a return to the Masters.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Like_Water » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:10 pm

I was at work.

Don't follow his kids to school and release the name of the school. That's just Chucking creepy.

The fact he did it his way, and not the way the media wanted makes me smile. F them. He doesn't "owe" them anything like they implied he did. When this broke you could see them kicking and screaming about him not giving them anything. I thought it was, and still is, his best move.

He said it best when he stated he got away from everything that made him who he was. Seeking material possessions will leave you sad and lonely...it's probably the biggest message kids should ever receive.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby dischawk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:21 pm

are people really going to remember where they were for this?? who cares where you were, its not like its 9/11 or something

i was tired of this before he even said anything. this has got to be the most over analyzed statement in the history of sports. i cant even watch or listen to espn for a month now until they stop talking about him otherwise my head just might explode
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

He seemed robot-ish to me.
I struggled to believe his sincerity but wanted to.

All men have two brains and only enough blood to run one at a time.
Guess he made the wrong choice. :oops:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Nohr » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:39 pm

You gotta tell me what time it happened at b/c I haven't seen it yet.
Nohr

Re: Where were you.....

Postby Captain » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Buzzznation wrote:I'm still banking on a return to the Masters.

For sure!!! Tiger has built his career around the majors. He ain't missin' a major, wifey or no wifey.
Captain

Re: Where were you.....

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:30 am

Captain wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:I'm still banking on a return to the Masters.

For sure!!! Tiger has built his career around the majors. He ain't missin' a major, wifey or no wifey.

My guess would be his next major will be the U.S. Open.
If he's going back into rehab, and it's another 45 days, he'll be out about when the Masters starts with no practice or preparation.
Tiger usually doesn't play any events two weeks prior to a major to prepare so that doesn't leave any prep time at all.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 am

When he does return, can you imagine some of the things the gallery will be saying? :shock: "Get in the hole" will be tame.
hyzerman16234

Postby Buzzznation » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 am

dischawk wrote:are people really going to remember where they were for this??

Some analyst said that this is how big it's going to be. Someone also said it's pretty sad what society has come to. That we got guys flying into buildings and nobody cares. But if Tiger is reading a statement to the public....
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Cydisc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:When he does return, can you imagine some of the things the gallery will be saying? :shock: "Get in the hole" will be tame.

Huge! Quickly!
Cydisc

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I was @ work. Not watching it, but watching to see how high our bandwidth went, statewide. Thankfully it didn't eclipse the inauguration in terms of viewers! The inauguration was 103MB/sec, Tiger just pushed it up to 60/sec.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby shane » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:00 pm

He trained his whole life to play 18 holes, what do people expect?
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby z-man » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm

That's gold Shane...pure comedic gold...

It seemed that he really only showed emotion when he was getting upset about the media following his family around...and expressing how they shouldn't be allowed to do that...guess what Tiger...you brought it upon yourself and your family when you were out with those other chicks...I would have expected him to be more sincere about everything, not just getting pissy about the media's involvement once this story started to break...seems kind of like he's missing the point of all this rehab and sorrow he's supposed to be feeling...he should be more upset that his wife and children are probably long gone...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Ferch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

I don't care what he did, or what he said. I just want him to return to golf asap.
Ferch

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

I was working and not caring about his personal life. I start reading about him again when he's playing tournaments. Until then, it's none of my business what he did or who he did.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Next

Return to Sports