Big Ten - 12th Team

Sports related topics.

Postby 10up » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

chappyfade wrote:You don't understand....a lot of Nebraska fans can't get tickets for home games since they've been sold out since the middle ages, so they show up in DROVES for away games. Just wait until you see 25,000-35,000 fans dressed in red show up at Kinnick stadium and you wonder where your home field advantage went.

Have you ever been to Kinnick Chappy? Especially for a perceived "Big Game"?

The first time Nebraska comes to IC as a Big 10 team the entire state of Nebraska could show up and go unnoticed. Mark it.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby chappyfade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 pm

10up wrote:
chappyfade wrote:You don't understand....a lot of Nebraska fans can't get tickets for home games since they've been sold out since the middle ages, so they show up in DROVES for away games. Just wait until you see 25,000-35,000 fans dressed in red show up at Kinnick stadium and you wonder where your home field advantage went.

Have you ever been to Kinnick Chappy? Especially for a perceived "Big Game"?

The first time Nebraska comes to IC as a Big 10 team the entire state of Nebraska could show up and go unnoticed. Mark it.

I've been to Faurot Field for big games. I've been to Kyle Field, Darrell Royal Stadium, and Death Valley at LSU when they were good. Nebraska has put big dents in ALL of those places. Nebraska put a big dent in the JerryDome for the Big XII titel game last year. No offense, but Iowa is still thought of as a basketball school most places. Kinnick has never been known (outside of Iowa) as a real tough place to go into and get a win. I understand what you feel, but from my experience, Nebraska have more success getting tickets for road games than for home games, and they're awfully good at finding road tickets, even in places that are supposedly perenially sold out, because they'll pay ANYTHING for them.
chappyfade

Postby Single L » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Neither can Iowa fans ........ so it looks like Big Red will be driving to Iowa City for the Tailgate :P
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I'll tell you where they'll notice all the Nebraska fans....the tip jar. I delivered pizzas in Iowa City, Ames, and Lincoln, and I can tell you that Ames and Lincoln are two of the worst tipping towns on the planet. And worse yet, it was a distinctly noticeable difference when the Cyclones came to Iowa City. I expect the same for Nebraska games.
Clue

Postby 10up » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 pm

chappyfade wrote:I've been to Faurot Field for big games. I've been to Kyle Field, Darrell Royal Stadium, and Death Valley at LSU when they were good. Nebraska has put big dents in ALL of those places. Nebraska put a big dent in the JerryDome for the Big XII titel game last year. No offense, but Iowa is still thought of as a basketball school most places. Kinnick has never been known (outside of Iowa) as a real tough place to go into and get a win. I understand what you feel, but from my experience, Nebraska have more success getting tickets for road games than for home games, and they're awfully good at finding road tickets, even in places that are supposedly perenially sold out, because they'll pay ANYTHING for them.

John, c'mon man. I understand Nebraska has a big fan base and a rich tradition as a football school. But it, by no means, pales Iowa Football by comparison. And the idea of Iowa being widely considered a "basketball" school is borderline asinine. Any way you cut it, University of Iowa sports is founded on football. Iowa basketball has been in shambles for over a decade. Before that, they weren't ever a perennial contender in the Big Ten. Let alone nationally... Iowa Football, however, produces throes of NFL caliber players, has a highly sought after Head Coach, brings in millions upon millions more dollars than all other Hawkeye Sports combined. Not to mention, we were in the running for a National Championship last year, are A-list contenders for Big Bowl Games every year (due to the Bowl Sponsors knowing Iowa Fans will flock to wherever they have to), and we WON THE MOTHER F'N ORANGE BOWL LAST YEAR!
10up

Postby grodney » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 am

"we"?
grodney

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 am

lmao, yes g-rod. :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby z-man » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 am

ISU still has a home...I can sleep easy now...
I heard the decision makers may decide to keep the teams in the conference where its at now with 10...That'll make it easier for ISU to start winning some North titles!!!
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 am

Wont the North and South divisions be dropped? So it will be like the Big Ten...With no divisions and no conference championship game? Only a Conference regular season Champ, or CO-Champ. Which is a joke IMO, have one outright champion.
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 am

10up wrote:
John, c'mon man. I understand Nebraska has a big fan base and a rich tradition as a football school. But it, by no means, pales Iowa Football by comparison. And the idea of Iowa being widely considered a "basketball" school is borderline asinine. Any way you cut it, University of Iowa sports is founded on football. Iowa basketball has been in shambles for over a decade. Before that, they weren't ever a perennial contender in the Big Ten. Let alone nationally... Iowa Football, however, produces throes of NFL caliber players, has a highly sought after Head Coach, brings in millions upon millions more dollars than all other Hawkeye Sports combined. Not to mention, we were in the running for a National Championship last year, are A-list contenders for Big Bowl Games every year (due to the Bowl Sponsors knowing Iowa Fans will flock to wherever they have to), and we WON THE MOTHER F'N ORANGE BOWL LAST YEAR!

I don't have a problem with those that refer to their teams as "we", as long as you're consistent through the good times and the bad, which you obviously aren't, not even in the same post, lmao.... :lol:
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:37 am

SARG27044 wrote:Wont the North and South divisions be dropped? So it will be like the Big Ten...With no divisions and no conference championship game? Only a Conference regular season Champ, or CO-Champ. Which is a joke IMO, have one outright champion.

I think that's one option they are discussing...I guess we'll have to wait and see what path they end up deciding on...I did hear that they don't receive much in terms of extra revenue from the current Big XII title game...

LMAO Jay...nice catch up there :lol:
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby 10up » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 am

I wasn't talking about the same team. Not even the same sport. And that "we" thing is the most tired shit in the world.

Anybody that doesn't refer to themselves, the team, and the entire fanbase as one entity is a Kansas City Faggot.
10up

Postby irban » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am

chappyfade wrote:No offense, but Iowa is still thought of as a basketball school most places.

I know, we're kind of like Kansas.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am

10up wrote: And that "we" thing is the most tired shit in the world.
Amen. I debunked the shit-ass "we" thing about a year ago and people are still bringing it up.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am

really? You debunked fairweather fandom? I'll have to look that up. :lol:
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Sports