Big Ten - 12th Team

Sports related topics.

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah, coming from Mizzou, living in the QC, hangin' in Iowa Citya little, and now living in Des Moines I've always thought that Columbia and Iowa City were pretty similar in a lot of ways. Sweet college towns! I just don't have that conversation with too many people especially now here in Des Moines because most IA fans shun the idea that another school could be as cool as Iowa. They either have the blinders on, or haven't been anywhere else to make a fair comparison, so they live in a bubble that they're the greatest. The one biggest difference is that St. Louis girls are way hotter and more refined than corn fed IA girls. Say somethin'. :lol:
Not to mention Columbia has better disc golf, restaurants, strip clubs, bars, pool halls, by the hour motel rates, closer access to big cities, OK I'm just startin' shit, I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

GDL5000 wrote:Yeah, coming from Mizzou, living in the QC, hangin' in Iowa Citya little, and now living in Des Moines I've always thought that Columbia and Iowa City were pretty similar in a lot of ways. Sweet college towns! I just don't have that conversation with too many people especially now here in Des Moines because most IA fans shun the idea that another school could be as cool as Iowa. They either have the blinders on, or haven't been anywhere else to make a fair comparison, so they live in a bubble that they're the greatest. The one biggest difference is that St. Louis girls are way hotter and more refined than corn fed IA girls. Say somethin'. :lol:
Not to mention Columbia has better disc golf, restaurants, strip clubs, bars, pool halls, by the hour motel rates, closer access to big cities, OK I'm just startin' shit, I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already used the Scanners exploding head once this week so ill have to YFC! ya
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:07 pm

GDL5000 wrote:The one biggest difference is that St. Louis girls are way hotter and more refined than corn fed IA girls. Say somethin'. :lol:

St. Louis girls might be nice, but I highly doubt they hold a candle to the rich stuck up suburban Chicago chicks that flood the campus at Iowa.

Now if we’re talking tailgating you may be right as an Iowa Football game brings out more bad than good ...... lots of country bumpkins with beer guts thinking their hot shit while chugging natty light and jagger :oops: ...... the Chicago Hotties are still in bed from the night before :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 pm

see what I mean.....these guys can't be reasoned with. :lol: You're right One L, there's no snotty hot bitches that come out of St. Louis becuase Chi-town is SOOOOOOOO much bigger of a city and the all live there. :roll:

Go live in Columbia, then tell me I'm wrong. Until then, save your narrow minded views for some other idiot that hasn't been anywhere else....like Fausch. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Most of the hotties are at the bars by the ped mall during the games. As well as the night after the game. There are a lot at the game, but I prolly rip a hole in my shirt from my fin poppin every 5 seconds downtown when we went to the bars afterwards. ffffft :lol:
SARG27044

Postby irban » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Cydisc wrote:I'm pretty sure that Iowa's FB reputation is only as old as Hayden Fry's third season.

No, Iron Men, Evashevski and all that back in the 50s. There was definitely a long drought in the middle though.

Edit: Oops, Iron Men was in the 30s. And I'm not saying so much that we're known for our FB, only that I dont think we're known for BBall any more than our FB.
Last edited by irban on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 pm

GDL5000 wrote:The one biggest difference is that St. Louis girls are way hotter and more refined than corn fed IA girls.

But "refined" doesn't even crack the top 20 on my list of favored womanly attributes.
IHearChains

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 pm

You have 20 favorite attributes? :shock: I think I have like 3... :lol:
SARG27044

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 pm

chappyfade wrote:Dan, our perceptions are probably driven by the fact that I'm 14 years older than you, and I remember older stuff while you remember the newer stuff. Iowa's more recent success has certainly been on the gridiron.

And as a Nebraska football fan, you no doubt are quite thankful for this.
IHearChains

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 pm

SARG27044 wrote:You have 20 favorite attributes? :shock: I think I have like 3... :lol:

no, actually, my list repeats the top 3 a few times before it gets to "refined"

:lol:
IHearChains

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:34 pm

GDL5000 wrote:see what I mean.....these guys can't be reasoned with. :lol: You're right One L, there's no snotty hot bitches that come out of St. Louis becuase Chi-town is SOOOOOOOO much bigger of a city and the all live there. :roll:

Go live in Columbia, then tell me I'm wrong. Until then, save your narrow minded views for some other idiot that hasn't been anywhere else....like Fausch. :lol:

Please don't ever group me in with the "Iowa Faithfull", I am in no way sticking up for them and their school, far from it, just giving my observations of what I know ....... and that is I know IC really well and Columbia from just a glimpse ...... it looks like you are in the same boat ..... so it’s not any more narrow minded than your perception. The only think I know is that the majority of Iowa chicks are rich snobs .... really I don't even know why I’m arguing, I could really care less about this pissing match. Now if we go UNI chicks Vs Western Illinois Chicks bring it on ..... yes I'm talking to you Steve :lol: :lol:

BTW ...... Chicago IS SOOOOOOOOO much bigger ...... 2000 Census - Chicago 2.8 Million, STL 350 Thousand (Metro Areas - Chicago 9.7 Million, STL 2.8 Million) ........ JUST SAYIN :wink: :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby chappyfade » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 pm

IHearChains wrote:
chappyfade wrote:Dan, our perceptions are probably driven by the fact that I'm 14 years older than you, and I remember older stuff while you remember the newer stuff. Iowa's more recent success has certainly been on the gridiron.

First of all, don't ever confuse me with being a Nebraska football fan. I HATE Nebraska. I grew up a Mizzou fan, and ended up going to school at Texas A&M. But I'm a realist, and tend to give credit where it's due. And Nebraska has earned theirs. That being said, I hope the Hawkeyes kick their arse every time they play 'em.

Greenwood is right, there are a lot of similarities between Columbia and Iowa City. All of them favorable.
chappyfade

Postby 10up » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Columbia tried to kill me and Tanner with a tornado. It is a shitty place.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 pm

chappyfade wrote:
IHearChains wrote:

First of all, don't ever confuse me with being a Nebraska football fan. I HATE Nebraska. I grew up a Mizzou fan, and ended up going to school at Texas A&M. But I'm a realist, and tend to give credit where it's due. And Nebraska has earned theirs. That being said, I hope the Hawkeyes kick their arse every time they play 'em.

Shouldn't be a problem, since the Hawkeyes will not be playing a Nebraska team from the 80s.

Sorry about confusing you with a Nebraska fan. Will try not to do that again!
IHearChains

Previous

Return to Sports