MLB Replay

Sports related topics.

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Buzzznation wrote:Albert Pujols is up with the bases loaded down a run in the bottom of the ninth game 7 of the WS with 2 outs, down a run with a full count. Kerry Wood throws a fastball clearly 1 foot outside and it's called a strike. Do you reveiw that?

no. But that's a pretty extreme example. When has that EVER happened in that situation?

If you're just trying to feed the troll, I mean Olsen, then good luck to 'ya. :lol:

I will say that as a Cards fan, if that ever did happen, that home plate ump better have a pretty good security detail, becuase there'd be mofo's trying to ixnay his ass.
GDL17921

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Nope, Balls and Strikes are off limits. There is a list right now of reviewable plays. They would simply expand that list of reviewable plays to cover I would say pretty much anything except balls and strikes.
discgolfduval

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Thats another example to help our case then. Mclleland is one of the best umpires in the game and he still messes calls up. He was the umpire in the game a few years ago when there was a close play in the Rockies game and ended up getting it wrong...why get calls wrong if there's technology there to make things right? Just because of tradition? That seems pretty lame.
discgolfduval

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Why swing a wooden bat when there is metal?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Because you'd have players hitting the ball 700 feet, any other questions that have nothing to do with the debate at hand?
discgolfduval

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:00 pm

McClelland said there might be room for instant replay in baseball.

"Not on balls and strikes, or plays at the base or plate — but on fair-or-foul calls, home runs where fans are on the railing, that sort of thing," he said. "Last night would've been a place for it.

This came from him after that Rockies play in game a few years back.
He kind of defends both of our points.
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Im still not sure why youre trying to put words in our mouths there Whitson....Everybody who posted something on the subject has agreed that homeruns(foul, fair, or off the fence) should be able to be reviewed. As well as close calls at the bases. Why you seem to go on and on about stupid shit is beyond me. Bats are wood to protect the pitchers, and other reasons. Nobody ever said anything about reviewing strikes, in fact youre the only one who mentioned it, and youve continued to go on and on about it. What the Chuck runs through your head when you post this bullshit? i just have to ask if Olsen and yourself were born retarded, or did it take years of practice to make it happen?
SARG27044

Postby gocards300 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:19 pm

SARG27044 wrote:i just have to ask if Olsen and yourself were born retarded, or did it take years of practice to make it happen?

i was pretty much born that way but have also had a lot of practice.

With all this new technology and instant replay would it be possible for the managers and players to wear head sets to help speed the game up? This would do away with mound visits and the catcher wouldn't have to worry about the guy on second stealing the signs. just a thought
gocards300

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:35 pm

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:36 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Im still not sure why youre trying to put words in our mouths there Whitson....Everybody who posted something on the subject has agreed that homeruns(foul, fair, or off the fence) should be able to be reviewed. As well as close calls at the bases. Why you seem to go on and on about stupid shit is beyond me. Bats are wood to protect the pitchers, and other reasons. Nobody ever said anything about reviewing strikes, in fact youre the only one who mentioned it, and youve continued to go on and on about it. What the Chuck runs through your head when you post this bullshit? i just have to ask if Olsen and yourself were born retarded, or did it take years of practice to make it happen?

My stance is replay Homeruns only. The point I'm trying to make is where does it end and why? How is a called third strike clearly 1 foot outside any different then a guy called out who was safe by a step @ first base? Other than if you hit a swinging bunt in the infeild you don't deserve to be called safe anyways. On a ball called a strike, you're not even given a chance. Even worse if its called early in the count, which is basically taking the bat out of the hitters hand anyways.
To make a long story short, balls and strikes or more game chaning than fair/ foul balls and close on base calls. Although not the case to the media and the average fan.

And this talk of advancement in technology. Many fans come to see the long ball and offense, so why not give the hitters an advantage of doing so.

Just stating both sides of the fence here.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:47 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Im still not sure why youre trying to put words in our mouths there Whitson....Everybody who posted something on the subject has agreed that homeruns(foul, fair, or off the fence) should be able to be reviewed. As well as close calls at the bases. Why you seem to go on and on about stupid shit is beyond me. Bats are wood to protect the pitchers, and other reasons. Nobody ever said anything about reviewing strikes, in fact youre the only one who mentioned it, and youve continued to go on and on about it. What the Chuck runs through your head when you post this bullshit? i just have to ask if Olsen and yourself were born retarded, or did it take years of practice to make it happen?

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:54 pm

It ends at the same place where the NFL did. They dont allow replays on so many things. Fumbles, catches, td's. are all reviewable because with the speed theses guys play at, its impossible to catch everything. And there is always human error, as well as officials who get paid off the throw games by making horrible calls. What game am I thinking of where an Iowa reciever got called for a facemask, when it was the defender who had his facemask? Its Chucking ridiculous and Im sick of seeing horrible calls that destroy a teams chance of getting the W. They work so hard only to have some hack, at the other side of the field, totally blow a call in which he had no reason to be involved in. i think these guys need to be severly punished, and or fined to prevent this from happening too often. Its your Chucking job to make a call and you cant even do that, why the hell do we need you then is what Id say. The same thing happens in real life....We have technology advances that force people to lose their jobs because a machine can do it better and faster, maybe this needs to be applied here?
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Yeah, but the players are allowed to drop passes, and kickers miss field goals and guys miss blocks so why can the refs be allowed to miss a few??? :lol: :lol: :wink:
discgolfduval

Postby The Donator » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:06 pm

You see what you did there McClelland? You Chuck up and make the worst call of all time and you have people on disc golf boards talking about robots and shit taking over the game, you son of a bitch
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby The Donator » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:08 pm

SARG27044 wrote:And there is always human error, as well as officials who get paid off the throw games by making horrible calls. What game am I thinking of where an Iowa reciever got called for a facemask, when it was the defender who had his facemask? Its Chucking ridiculous and Im sick of seeing horrible calls that destroy a teams chance of getting the W.

That would be the Florida/Iowa bowl game a few years ago, same one where we got fucked on the onside kick ruling at the end of the game, C-USA hacks...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Sports