Skol Vikings

Sports related topics.

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:47 am

Chase20460 wrote:Obviously, Im taking this a little hard. Just pissed off, thats all.
:lol: Thats why I had to suck it up last week when my team got killed, all I wanted to do was get on here bitch about how shitty the refs were, but It just would have got me more pissed
SARG27044

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Obviously, Im taking this a little hard. Just pissed off, thats all.
:lol: Thats why I had to suck it up last week when my team got killed, all I wanted to do was get on here bitch about how shitty the refs were, but It just would have got me more pissed

Yeah. I love sports.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:48 pm

I think its funny that people get mad when teams run up the score. Its not like the offense is out there by themselves running up and down the field (although it did look that way lol).
GaW27166

Postby 10up » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:30 pm

porkchop wrote:
10up wrote:Vikes looked good. What I really liked was that the holes in the secondary weren't exposed because of the wonderful pass rush. Fat lotta chance of getting that same rush against the pro bowlers on the N.O. offensive line. Brees is going to have just as much time as he's had all year.

The Saints left tackle Jermon Bushrod is a third-year veteran in his first season as a starter. Bushrod had it easy against the Cardinals because Arizona doesn't have an elite pass-rusher. Allen will be a different story. Let's also not forget that Dallas outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware gave Bushrod serious trouble in the Cowboys' regular-season win over New Orleans in December. Bottom line - Allen will have a field day if the Saints don't give Bushrod some help.

before you go and poach some lame ESPN writer's article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=4834336) you should do a little research on the source for yourself... I feel like I've talked about this recently. Chadiha is an idiot. Look at his picks last week and you'll probably agree. Well, maybe you'll agree.

Bushrod is a backup for Jammal Brown, who is a pro bowler yes... But the man reason Bushrod was handled that game was because we were missing Shockey as a blocking TE and our other backup Zach Strief was dealing with a tweaked knee. But I guess if we're just copy and pasting sports articles in place of our own opinions I'll just start linking to shit...
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Single L » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:45 pm

I did copy and paste and not ashamed to say so because I agree with him on THAT point. I didn't really feel like retyping it in my words. I'm not an idiot and do know that Bushrod is the backup for Brown, but is Brown going to play, NO, so mentioning Brown is unimportant. What is important is that Shockey or Bush is going to have to stay in to double Allen, therefore eliminating one of your threats that you are so proud to say will run wild on the Vikes. Anymore comments from the peanut gallery :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:09 pm

I don't know, running a play seemed logical, because it would eat up more time than kicking a field goal. I mean, running and QB sneaks for 2 yards to TRULY eat up the clock would have been less insulting, but wait - that would have been insulting too. Nice rant though. Did you forget your anger mgmt practices?

"woosah".....
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby cgkdisc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

It would have been better strategically to throw to Shiancoe around the 2 yard line and stay in bounds. Even if Shiancoe caught it there, he should have avoided going in the end zone like another running back did earlier in the season (Tomlinson?) to help run out the clock.
cgkdisc

Postby AO » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:25 am

I'm retiring....I'm coming back.....I'm retiring....I'm coming back...I'm retiring.....I'm coming back....I'm retiring....I'm coming back........
AO

Postby 10up » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 am

you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am

That was a good game. Some questionable spots and calls, but Minnesota suprised me by bringing thier D again, and they should of won that game.

Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

well said, thanks for the positive comments, Chase! 8)

oh yeah, that, and Peterson deserves a blanket party after those drops.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby bman12449 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 pm

I would like to say thanks to Favre for letting Romo have his pro bowl spot. yessss... 8) Overall good game Minnesota didn't deserve to win with all those fumbles.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 am

ghstinshll wrote:oh yeah, that, and Peterson deserves a blanket party after those drops.

If Tiki Barber could end his fumbling problem, Im confident Adrian Peterson will as well.

..hes always welcome in Dallas, as all you Vikings fans have gave up on him. You should be mad at Farve for blowing another big game with his selfish play at the end of the game. Another late interception on a crappy throw.

Chase20460

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 am

Chase20460 wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:oh yeah, that, and Peterson deserves a blanket party after those drops.

If Tiki Barber could end his fumbling problem, Im confident Adrian Peterson will as well.

..hes always welcome in Dallas, as all you Vikings fans have gave up on him. You should be mad at Farve for blowing another big game with his selfish play at the end of the game. Another late interception on a crappy throw.

Not me, Zigy would be crazy to let that talent go. Philips, now you're an idiot. :lol:

And about Favre, you win and die by the sword. Everyone forgets about the good plays made to get where they were. I guess my glass is half full though.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Single L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 am

In the end I rationaled the situation along these lines in my anger driven post ........

- Favre is just as big of a risk as he is a help to the team, plus the uncertainty if he is coming back is or not is an issue.
- AP fumble f*cked his way through the NFC Championship game (along with other games this year, like the Chicago game) and I'm tired of it.
- Chester Taylor is a solid back and was a 1,000 yard rusher before AP was there and had 844 AP's first year, in those 2 years he averaged 4 and 5.4 yards.
- So the Vikes trade AP for a Top 5 QB (like Brees, Brady, Rivers) and keep Taylor as their #1 back. Problems solved.

I was still pissed when I posted that, and still am, however I don't think the Vikes will get rid of AP. But I still question AP's reliability and worry, again, about the Vikes QB situation. They have about a 2 year window with the team they have to go to the Super Bowl and yet again this offseason the big hole / question is the QB position. The above scenario would ease these concerns, but is the risk of letting AP go worth the reward?

As far as the game goes ........

My biggest beef is that yes Favre f*cked up, but if AP doesn't fumble a billion times the Vikes are not in that position at the end of the game. I am nowhere near a Favre apologist, but in reality the fumbles are a much bigger issue than Favre throwing that ill-advised pass at the end of the game. Along the same lines if the Coaching staff wouldn't have lost all faith in AP, then maybe they would have gave him the ball in the end instead of resorting to Favre on that last play. All in all the whole team shit that game away; the coaching staff and play calling at the end, AP fumbling, Harvin fumbling (although that play wouldn’t have been called for him if the staff would have had faith in AP), Berrian fumbling, Favre throwing picks, and how the f*ck you have 12 men in the huddle after a timeout is beyond me. Yes I’m still pissed :evil:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Sports