Skol Vikings

Sports related topics.

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 pm

So seriously - does anyone think MN will totally show up for this game? They're going to HAVE to...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

ghstinshll wrote:So seriously - does anyone think MN will totally show up for this game? They're going to HAVE to...

They're professionals, they'll show up. :wink:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

We'll see. That game against the Giants made them look like they showed up, but I worry that's not the team we've been seeing most of the year. I hope they can keep it together...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby AO » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:48 pm

wow.....vikings vs cowboys wasn't even close.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:So seriously - does anyone think MN will totally show up for this game? They're going to HAVE to...

They're professionals, they'll show up. :wink:

Next.....
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Looks like I am on the hook for a donation. Minnesotas defense was unstoppable, similar to what Ive been watching for the last few weeks form Dallas. Next weeks game should be pretty intense if Minnesota can maintain that type of defense.

That being said....I hope Brett Farve gets Chucking smashed in New Orleans. He was out there running around like they won the Super Bowl, give me a break. If Romo wasnt a scared little girl that game could have actually been a game. Look at the numbers, Dallas did next to nothing and still outgained them most of the game until Farve started chucking shots downfield. The last touchdown was enough for me to drive to Minneapolis and beat him down with a Packer Cheesehead hat. What a showboating bunch of douchebags. Adrian Petersen averaged 2.5 yards a carry and celebrated after every touch.

They are going to get smashed in New Orleans. Brees is not Romo and wont be intimdated by thier constant rush. Farve will throw at least 3 picks next week and the score will be as lopsided as the one from today.

Enjoy it Vikings fans! it wasnt the Super Bowl, but its as close as your going to get !
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby 10up » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:49 pm

I actually agree with two things in this post. New Orleans crushing, and wanting to hit Favre in the face.

Vikes looked good. What I really liked was that the holes in the secondary weren't exposed because of the wonderful pass rush. Fat lotta chance of getting that same rush against the pro bowlers on the N.O. offensive line. Brees is going to have just as much time as he's had all year. Your boy winfield best wrap up that foot and put it on ice.

EJ Henderson was a big loss. Shockey and Reggie are going to have a field day in the middle.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:37 pm

I feel the love in here. :lol:

Chase, you know I'll put that $20 to good use, I'll PM you.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am

Wow...And I thought I was a sore loser... If that last TD put you on tilt, maybe you can tell your def. to play a little better. I hate the Vikings and saw nothing wrong with securing the win. If it was Romo jumping around you would have been fine with it. Favre has always acted like a kid on the field, deal with it.
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 am

10up wrote:Vikes looked good. What I really liked was that the holes in the secondary weren't exposed because of the wonderful pass rush. Fat lotta chance of getting that same rush against the pro bowlers on the N.O. offensive line. Brees is going to have just as much time as he's had all year.

The Saints left tackle Jermon Bushrod is a third-year veteran in his first season as a starter. Bushrod had it easy against the Cardinals because Arizona doesn't have an elite pass-rusher. Allen will be a different story. Let's also not forget that Dallas outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware gave Bushrod serious trouble in the Cowboys' regular-season win over New Orleans in December. Bottom line - Allen will have a field day if the Saints don't give Bushrod some help.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 am

the interior of the line looks solid, but theyr'e definitely going to need to look @ their own film against DAL & figure out how to get some help over there. Do the 'aints have a biog fullback, like a Kleinsasser kind of guy? They're gonna need one.

I agree w/ either chase or Dan though, this Vikes/NO game could be as lopsided the other way next week, but I'm still holding onto the "NO falling down the stretch card". We'll have to wait n see. If they do win, they're due, but the Vikes are due too. Should be a fun game to watch. Now I just need to see the Viking Defense pull out another dominant performance!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 am

SARG27044 wrote:Wow...And I thought I was a sore loser... If that last TD put you on tilt, maybe you can tell your def. to play a little better. I hate the Vikings and saw nothing wrong with securing the win. If it was Romo jumping around you would have been fine with it. Favre has always acted like a kid on the field, deal with it.

Maybe you could be a little more creative. Tell my defense to do better? Shut up dude. Are you Jimmy Chucking Johnson? The game was in the bag and it was 4th and 4. Totally Chucking classless. If it was same score, same situation and it was 3rd and 30 or 2nd and 1, I wouldnt have cared. I wouldve said "worthless Chucking defense thats what you get". But when you act like your going to take a knee and let some washed up old crusty turd chuck one downfiled on you, its uncalled for. Yeah, defense is to blame, but its still in poor taste. Brett Farve has always been a punk ass bitch, listen to ANY of his former teamates. I still cant believe he just layed down for that Strahan sack years ago. Says enough about him and his personality right there. I wish Mark Gastineu would punch him in the face as well. Several times.

No, I wouldnt have been fine with Romo doing that, because he doesnt, and its in poor taste. First off, youd have to be in that situation, which Dallas obviously wasnt. Phillips never wouldve let that happen as head coach, but Farve is running his team without a coach, just a gutless turd with headphones on.

Farve "acts like a kid". Gimme a Chucking break. Farve acts like a tremendous crybaby, and is a poor winner. Always has been. Look at 2 weeks ago when he threw a tantrum on the sidelines. I may be a poor loser, thats fine, but when I win I dont rub your nose in it. When you try to do that shit to me, I dont like it and may just bust your teeth out.

Its fine. All this shit will play out next week and then we get to listen to Farve cry about retiring for another 6 months. Kurt Warner will try to do the same thing, but Farve will get mad he isnt getting all the attention and will start flipflopping.

You dont like it? Eat a dick. I dont give a shit.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 am

Obviously, Im taking this a little hard. Just pissed off, thats all.

Chase20460

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:45 am

Chase20460 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote: Phillips never wouldve let that happen as head coach, but Farve is running his team without a coach, just a gutless turd with headphones on.

I do agree with your view on Favre. I have been a Pack fan since birth. And only realized what a douche he is in the past 5 years or so(3 of which he was still playing for my team). However I would'nt be calling out Childress with the Fat Chucking piece of Man titty shit that you have as a coach. The guy is a puppet, with Jones' hand up his ass. He's been in the dog house since he came to be coach and it would be amazing if he is there next year....
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am

All this talk about Favre being a poor winner or loser is laughable. Look in the mirror Chase, you are the one acting like a fool spewing off incoherent comments about Favre and the Vike's (you did the same towards SD and the Bengals last week); when you’re really only pissed that your Cowboys didn't show up and that your beloved Romo sucked ass. Take a big sip of reality and deal with it, your team lost. Favre and the Vike's have every right to act and play in any manor they want after or during a win or loss; they are the ones playing the game, not you or I.

On the point of the last touchdown as being classless, everyone could argue all day on that. Here's the way I see it, there was 1:55 left in the game and you have the ball on the 11 yard line, you either kick a field goal or run a play. They opted to run a play and they happened to score; really what’s the difference in 4 points? Yes they could have taken a knee, but you know that wasn't going to happen from the 11 yard line at home. Yeah they could have ran the ball instead of throwing it, but again what’s the difference, wither you pass or run the Dallas D still has to defend it, which they didn't do.

This again is from a Vikings Fan's viewpoint; we see it as playing the game, Cowboys Fan's see it at running up the score, and the rest of the fans could give a shit less. So suck it up and accept it that your team lost .... Better luck next year.
Last edited by Single L on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Sports