Skol Vikings

Sports related topics.

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:So, all the analysts are slurping up the Cowboy kool-aid and proclaiming them Super bowl champs. I guess we should just look forward to next year then. :roll:

Uh, yeah, thats probably a good idea. Id pass it along to the Saints as well.

I guess you missed my point Chase unless you were slurping Packer cool-aid last week too. :wink:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I dont like the Packers. Or the Vikings.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Just saying the analysts were talking up GB last week as much as their talking up Dallas this week. That didn't turn out to good for GB. I wish I got paid what they do to sensationalize every team that won their last game. It means nothing the following week.
This time of year, nothing suprises me though.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby 10up » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Just saying the analysts were talking up GB last week as much as their talking up Dallas this week. That didn't turn out to good for GB. I wish I got paid what they do to sensationalize every team that won their last game. It means nothing the following week.

QFT
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Just saying the analysts were talking up GB last week as much as their talking up Dallas this week. That didn't turn out to good for GB. I wish I got paid what they do to sensationalize every team that won their last game. It means nothing the following week.

Well, GB lost, but it took an amazing effort to fail and for the Cards to still pull it off. Personally, I think they deserve the press. Had they not stepped on thier peter early on, that was thier game.

Being a Dallas fan, I think they deserve it as well. They have been killing it and are the hottest team in the league, period. Romo has been playing like Drew Brees played the first half of the season, and DeMarcus Ware is the best defensive player on EARTH. Hes not like a Brian Urlacker good, hes like a Lawrence Taylor good. Thier defense has been incredible lately, and thats a huge factor in getting to the Super Bowl. They are also the only team in the NFL 100% healthy. As long as Romo doesnt get hurt, and even if he does, they are a tough team to beat just with thier 3 backs alone.

I am suprised they beat the Eagles back to back. It makes me think they could easily go all the way to face the Colts. If the Ravens can keep playing defense they could do things as well. They won before with below average QB performance. However, I watched alot of that game and the Patriots looked like shit on offense. Now I dont get to see that NFL commercial with the Billichek imposter:
"I cut the sleeves off because it looks cool. Get your head in the game!"

Chase20460

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Didn't know you were a Cowboy fan Chase, but I won't hold it against you! I figured you for a Bears fan. :lol:
I'm not saying Dallas doesn't deserve the accolades they are getting, the way they're playing they do. And I'd be a fool to say I wasn't worried about those defensive ends against our offensive tackles. I just get sick and tired of hearing the glorification of teams for what they did in their last game. It would be nice to hear just one analyst talk about a greater body of work and really prognosticate from that greater body of work. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Maybe we should put a wager on this one, payable at the next Wildcat Bluff tourney. :wink:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby crazykrug » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 am

Chase20460 wrote:
Being a Dallas fan, I think they deserve it as well. They have been killing it and are the hottest team in the league, period.

I think the Chargers would have something to say about that.
crazykrug

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Didn't know you were a Cowboy fan Chase, but I won't hold it against you! I figured you for a Bears fan. :lol:
I'm not saying Dallas doesn't deserve the accolades they are getting, the way they're playing they do. And I'd be a fool to say I wasn't worried about those defensive ends against our offensive tackles. I just get sick and tired of hearing the glorification of teams for what they did in their last game. It would be nice to hear just one analyst talk about a greater body of work and really prognosticate from that greater body of work. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Maybe we should put a wager on this one, payable at the next Wildcat Bluff tourney. :wink:

Name it.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 pm

crazykrug wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:
Being a Dallas fan, I think they deserve it as well. They have been killing it and are the hottest team in the league, period.

I think they have been getting plenty of press. Rivers is a jerk off, and I still think SD is one of the worst franchises in football. They are just lucky they are getting the Jets this week. They suck. The Bungles rolled over for them.

Chase20460

Postby crazykrug » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I would love to see San Diego - Minnesota just because of what LT had to say about Peterson, and we all know what happened the last time AD played the Chargers.

Or even the Jets - Minnesota (you think the Jets would like to tee off on Favre)
crazykrug

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Didn't know you were a Cowboy fan Chase, but I won't hold it against you! I figured you for a Bears fan. :lol:

Name it.

I'll come up with something, let me think this one over. :?
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Clue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Chase20460 wrote:They are just lucky they are getting the Jets this week.

Nobody is lucky to get the Jets. Shonn Greene!
Clue

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

Name it.

OK Chase, $20.00 disc golf related donation.
Dallas wins, I'll donate to the QCDG club fund.
Minnesota wins, you'll donate to the Wildcat Bluff course improvement fund.
I'll even tell you where your twenty dollars went to on the course.
Maybe a plaque to mark the spot too. :wink: :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby chappyfade » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 am

Chase20460 wrote:
crazykrug wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:

I think they have been getting plenty of press. Rivers is a jerk off, and I still think SD is one of the worst franchises in football. They are just lucky they are getting the Jets this week. They suck. The Bungles rolled over for them.

Seems like Dallas was a victim of the Chargers at some point in their 11-game winning streak. Oh yeah, and that was in Dallas, too. Dallas is hot, but I don't think even the Jets and their smokin' hot defense keeps the Chargers from the Super Bowl this year. Dallas could get there, too. NFC is completely up for grabs in my mind.
chappyfade

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:

Name it.

OK Chase, $20.00 disc golf related donation.
Dallas wins, I'll donate to the QCDG club fund.
Minnesota wins, you'll donate to the Wildcat Bluff course improvement fund.
I'll even tell you where your twenty dollars went to on the course.
Maybe a plaque to mark the spot too. :wink: :lol:

Deal.

Chase20460

PreviousNext

Return to Sports