2009 Fantasy Football - IowaDG League

Sports related topics.

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Skell did you forget that there is Thursday night games?
Sniper26

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:21 am

Uh... No..... I knew there was a thursday game. I had my 3 pitt players starting. They were all projected to have big numbers, and I thought they would be able to dominate the browns! They got me 24 points between the three of them, kind of sad when they were projected at 51 points total! Good thing these playoffs will go two weeks each round! Got some points to make up already!
Skell

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 am

They really go 2 weeks per round?
Sniper26

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Skell

Postby dischawk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Sniper26 wrote:They really go 2 weeks per round?

another reason why espn has the worst fantasy setup imo.

it may be user-friendly but i think it lacks in many other areas
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:40 pm

I personally like the 2 weeks per round in the playoffs. I think it is a good idea for the playoffs. It gives everyone involved more chances to earn points if they have one or two people that suck it up, or if thier opponent has 1 or 2 people dominate. There are many times in the weekly matchups that if you have an opponent score like 30 points with one person you are done for! I think it will crown a true chamion. Instead of someone just getting lucky.
Skell

Postby dischawk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 pm

i think the extra weeks in playoffs takeaway from the regular season and ends 3/4 of the leagues season that much earlier

in my experience the 2nd week doesnt matter as much because the better team increases their lead from one week to the next a lot of the time and espn's scoring format doesnt allow for many comebacks because its not a very high scoring system and QB's basically dont count for squat
dischawk

Postby Skell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah that makes sense. This is my first time with the ESPN league and have never had the two weeks each round before. So I was excited to see how that would play out. I will see what I think of it, after the season is over.
Skell

Postby z-man » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 am

In my other league (where I'm first by the way...go figure)...the top 2 teams get buys next week and the next 4 best teams compete and meet the top two teams the following week, with the championship being played out the final week of the regular season...I like this format alot, probably because I've been playing it the same way for 6 years...

On a side note...the bottom 6 teams in our league follow the same format, though they are only playing for the trophy of a cheerleader...something to remind them of how much they suck for an entire year...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Skell » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:50 pm

DAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGG IT! Not gonna win when you are putting 142 points on the bench total between the two weeks! 80 points on the bench this week! I swear I had my two weeks flip flopped! Last week I had guys starting that sucked, and my bench did good. Then this week I was starting some of those guys that were on the bench last week that did good but they sucked this week. And the people that sucked last week I had on the bench this week and they dominated! I thought having my 13 points cushion going into this week would be a huge advantage, but then I get dominated and am down like 30 total, and my opponent isn't even finished. He still has two more players to go tomorrow! Shoot!!!!!!!!
Skell

Postby Skell » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm

But then again, you have to give credit to Suck It Trebek's team. They did REALLY good this week scoring over 120 already with two more still to go. But those points on the bench would have been nice to have.
Skell

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:48 am

I hate the Packers but god bless Aaron Rodgers!
Sniper26

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:25 am

I have to thank Rowan for my victory with one of his lowest scoring weeks of the year. It is extremely tough this point in the season to know who is going to perform well or the entire game for that matter. It's fortunate for me that Manning played the entire game. Who knows the next couple of weeks. I know another guy that started Manning's back up :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby dischawk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 pm

What a doozy... the championship game was the lowest scoring matchup this week :roll:
dischawk

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08 am

Ya, I am screwed too. Steve Smith (Carolina) broke his arm, Ricky Williams is hurt and will see limited action in week 17 and Reggie Wayne will most likely see very limited time. I like the 2 week match up format but would vote against playing in week 17 next year.
Sniper26

PreviousNext

Return to Sports