MMA

Sports related topics.

Postby Like_Water » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 pm

bergdawg wrote:I thought Dana White was saying that Chuck wouldn't fight again? He was spouting off about how he doesn't want to see his friend get seriously injured and have his reputation ruined.

He'll let him fight a broken down Tito Ortiz. UFC 115 in Vancouver.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 am

Discwrangler wrote:BJ Penn vs. Frankie Edgar
Anderson Silva vs. Damian Maia
Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie
Mark Munoz vs. Kendall Grove

1. Good fight..still can't believe Edgar pulled it off.
2. WTF??? The UFC should strip Silva of his belt for this joke of a fight.
3. Good fight
4. Good fight
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Like_Water » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 am

Its the ufc's fault. Bad matchup, same thing happened against Thales Leites. 100% their fault.
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 am

Discwrangler wrote:Its the ufc's fault. Bad matchup, same thing happened against Thales Leites. 100% their fault.

I disagree with this. This isn't a bad matchup at all. There are lots of fights that pit a submission fighter against a well rounded fighter. Maia, unlike Leitas wasn't flopping on the ground every two seconds either. Silva could have easily ended this fight in the second round instead of dicking around in the ring for 3 more rounds.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 am

So when do we get to see Holyfield fight in MMA? :lol: :roll:
SARG27044

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am

ouch.

this came from an ESPN article:

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/blog/_/name/mma

Q: Is Gracie ready to turn back the clock?

A: At 43, Gracie is by far the most accomplished of his family in limited-rules fights. In a frame that could accommodate 155 pounds, he beat two former UFC heavyweight titleholders in Oleg Taktarov and Maurice Smith; he choked out former UFC welterweight champion Pat Miletich and decisioned another champion in Carlos Newton; he was on his way to ruining Frank Shamrock's comeback until a knee slammed into the back of his head. He appeared on "60 Minutes" in 2007 and forced the octogenarian conducting the interview to crack a smile. If Renzo inspires reverence in his students, it's easy to see why: There's not much he can't do.

The problem is that Gracie will be taking on his style's worst possible adversary in Matt Hughes, an MMA-adapted wrestler who has far more knowledge of jiu-jitsu than any Iowan has a right to have -- and he'll be doing it at an age when your body has long since stopped obeying your will. "Better late than never" is a concept Hughes may force him to rethink.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Like_Water » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm

BJJ < Catch Wrestling

The stronger the athlete, the less BJJ works.
Like_Water

Postby OU812_LukeS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Discwrangler wrote:Its the ufc's fault. Bad matchup, same thing happened against Thales Leites. 100% their fault.

Immediately after the fight, I was mostly disgusted with Silva but I think I agree...Silva doesn't pick his fights, the UFC does. And it is not a good stylistic matchup...Maia is not a striker, he has almost no offense. Silva is almost a pure striker and primarily a counter-puncher. He refuses to fight on the ground. It was a match made in MMA fan hell.

Put Chael Sonnen in there with him, if only because he doesn't seem to give a shit about Silva's mystique.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Like_Water » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:15 am

OU812_LukeS wrote:

Put Chael Sonnen in there with him, if only because he doesn't seem to give a shit about Silva's mystique.

I agree. Chael or Vitor.
Like_Water

Postby AO » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

AO

Postby 10up » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 am

be that as it may, I still like Dana White's position. He didn't outwardly admit that he fucked up by scheduling it, but he did make it clear that he wasn't going to stand for a bullshit fight.

Silva is the professional. Silva is the one that dominated the fight. If he's interested in the sport, and interested in getting the GSP match, he should've literally killed that guy. In the first round, or second... or whatever.

The fact that the UFC scheduled a lopsided match in no way absolves him of fault for a shitty fight. I'd rather see a 35 second domination then 5 rounds of BS.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby OU812_LukeS » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 am

I don't think Silva vs. GSP would be the super-fight everyone wants it to be. GSP is a great wrestler but unless he pulls off a submission he'll have trouble landing shots from the guard on a guy as tall as Anderson Silva. I can see that fight being a 5-round snoozer with GSP getting the decision by virtue of takedowns.

Looking forward to Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson in HD on CBS tomorrow. I think it's free.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Bradbalk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 pm

The Silva Problem is easy to solve, he claims he wants to fight the heavy weights. So give him the Carwin/Lesnar winner.

I would love to see Carwin use his 80lb size advantage to push Silva into the cage and pummel him with his Bowling Ball Hands. He would wreck him just as easily as he demolished Mir.

And yes I think Carwin is going to destroy Lesnar.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby HippieGolfWear » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vau4RSvV834&feature=player_embedded
well done cbs, setting the sport back 10 years...
real classy..
www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
HippieGolfWear

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am

That is all on the piece of crap Diaz brothers.
Sniper26

PreviousNext

Return to Sports