Dana White on E:60

Sports related topics.

Postby Nohr » Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 pm

I still argue that boxing is more brutal than MMA. As of yet no MMA fighters have died in the ring. The same can not be said about boxing.

I would laugh at anyone that thinks that boxing is classy. I would give MMA a couple more decades and we will be talking about it like we used to about boxing.
Nohr

Postby Like_Water » Fri May 15, 2009 2:29 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:As one of the aforementioned non-fans i can only say...I don't care :D

so you watched it and have zero opinion?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Fri May 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Nohr wrote:I still argue that boxing is more brutal than MMA. As of yet no MMA fighters have died in the ring. The same can not be said about boxing.

In the sense that a guy can be out on his feet for multiple rounds, yes way more brutal.

Nohr wrote:I would laugh at anyone that thinks that boxing is classy. I would give MMA a couple more decades and we will be talking about it like we used to about boxing.

Then you're laughing at boxing fans.

Decades? maybe one. If DW doesn't pull a Plaxico Burress, this sport will be worldwide one of the biggest, if not the biggest.
Like_Water

Postby rightcunnin » Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:As one of the aforementioned non-fans i can only say...I don't care :D

No, as a non-fan of MMA,UFC and the like, I did not watch the clip. As a non-fan, why would I? Mostly I'm just having some fun w/ this because it made me chuckle that you would ask the opinion of non-fans to watch an interview with someone who represents something that by definition we could care less about. I'm sure I've come across as a dick w/ my responses. I'm just bored at work and this damn day is dragging ass in anticipation of playing Doom this weekend. I will do my best to be less annoying (at least on this thread :D ) for the remainder of the day.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Like_Water » Fri May 15, 2009 3:09 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:

No, as a non-fan of MMA,UFC and the like, I did not watch the clip. As a non-fan, why would I? Mostly I'm just having some fun w/ this because it made me chuckle that you would ask the opinion of non-fans to watch an interview with someone who represents something that by definition we could care less about. I'm sure I've come across as a dick w/ my responses. I'm just bored at work and this damn day is dragging ass in anticipation of playing Doom this weekend. I will do my best to be less annoying (at least on this thread :D ) for the remainder of the day.

You're right about the dick part. Thanks. :D

I would have posted the video if I wanted you to watch it. I wanted honest reactions from people outside of the sport...which Ive found this place to be.

By definition? WTF does that mean? I'm a disc golfer, therefore I don't like MMA?

I'm intrigued by this guy and I hear alot of the same type of bitching about him as I do the PDGA, even though he's been very successful.
Like_Water

Postby swan » Fri May 15, 2009 3:14 pm

I think MMA has a great chance to make boxing pretty much obsolete. Really, the target demo for MMA (A18-24) never saw boxing in it's heyday and probably think it's pretty boring to watch. That trend isn't going to change. I'm in my mid 30s and I honestly don't remember much before Tyson. (Other than Larry Holmes jumping off that limo) I think once Lennox Lewis faded out, boxing pretty much started to fade out too.

Dana White should try to stay a little more behind the scenes IMO. He's more of a fighters' guy and not too embraceable out front... cuz he really is kind of a doosch. MMA would best served with someone a little more polished as their spokesman. I can only watch so many bro hugs between guys in suits. I always thought Matt Hughes would've been a good guy to put up front. Whatever happened to him?
swan

Postby rightcunnin » Fri May 15, 2009 3:14 pm

No, it means as a non-fan of MMA I'm a non-fan of MMA.

I'd try to fully explain why this made me chuckle when I first read it but I lack the writing talent
rightcunnin

Postby Like_Water » Fri May 15, 2009 3:22 pm

swan wrote: I always thought Matt Hughes would've been a good guy to put up front. Whatever happened to him?

He's fighting next weekend. His last fight probably. He's a redneck.
Like_Water

Postby 10up » Fri May 15, 2009 3:38 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:

No, as a non-fan of MMA,UFC and the like, I did not watch the clip. As a non-fan, why would I? Mostly I'm just having some fun w/ this because it made me chuckle that you would ask the opinion of non-fans to watch an interview with someone who represents something that by definition we couldn't care less about. I'm sure I've come across as a dick w/ my responses. I'm just bored at work and this damn day is dragging ass in anticipation of playing Doom this weekend. I will do my best to be less annoying (at least on this thread :D ) for the remainder of the day.

j/s
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby rightcunnin » Fri May 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks Dan
rightcunnin

Postby ghstinshll » Fri May 15, 2009 4:05 pm

edit** this is the E:60 clip, about the quote mentioned below...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... 5&name=mma
Last edited by ghstinshll on Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Fri May 15, 2009 4:07 pm

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Dana-Wh ... Blog-21636

nice....

"f***ing retarded story ... you f***ing moron ... f***ing dumb ... you don't know what the f*** you're talking about ... shut the f*** up ... whoever gave you that quote is a p***y and a f***ing f*ggot and a f***ing liar ... maybe you're the liar ... everything that comes out of your mouth is f***ing stupid ... You f***ing dumb b****. F*** you, Loretta Hunt."

I don't know - I kinda like it. WAY more entertaining than Marty Terrell on KxNO!!! :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Fri May 15, 2009 4:33 pm

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4166733

watch as much as you want, but skip to 20:00 in...

Miletich hesitantly states "danas never told me anything that ended up being the truth"

damn - but it sounds like his tie may be coming to an end. Things need certain people @ certain stages in their development, and White has been good for MMA. Maybe he's falling a part some... :?:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Fri May 15, 2009 4:41 pm

you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Sat May 16, 2009 7:44 pm

10up wrote:Image

you can find us here....

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Like_Water

PreviousNext