Golf.....

Sports related topics.

Postby KePP » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 am

Once you go DVR you never go back! What you want, when you want, WAY more efficient, instant-replay anytime, keep the recording to show somebody...

But I do find that watching sporting-type events "after" they air loses some authenticity. You have to time it just right so you catch up toward the end. For the Suns games we would time it out, but ended up taking too many smoke breaks to ever catch up. You're watching the 3rd quarter and get a text that basically says who won. I started texting my buddy random crap every night the Suns played.
KePP

Postby Clue » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 am

I think Tiger lost the tournament on 18 of rd 3, and then 1-2 of rd 4 where he missed 3 birdie putts by an inch. He also failed to get up and down several times on par 5s from under 80 yds. It was his worst performance on par 5s ever in a major.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 am

Clue wrote:He also failed to get up and down several times on par 5s from under 80 yds. It was his worst performance on par 5s ever in a major.

Absolutely. If he performs on the par 5's like he normally does, he crushes the field. And it's not like he didn't put himself in postition for scoring on the par 5's. It was like watching an amateur with his reactions on the missed putts. The entire world was waiting for him to sink one of those and then you knew it was on. It just never happened. Yeah it'd be interesting to see what the result would have been if he could have sunk at least one of the first three.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Clue » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 am

I walked most of the course, and it was ridiculously tough. The par 5s were so long and so tough, I couldn't believe anyone even dreamed of getting to them in 2. But did anyone see that Spanish kid, Quiros(sp?)? He was the one who hit into Tiger on hole 11 Thu when he hit driver off the deck. I saw his tee shot Sat on hole 11 and I couldn't believe the sound it made.
Clue

Postby irban » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 pm

grodney wrote:I can't watch golf or football without having it on DVR and skipping the commercials. Hell, golf or football, really *anything* these days.

Yes, I have the DVR, but sometimes it works better to watch it real or near real time. Also agree with Kepp, it takes something out watching it after the event is over. Usually it doesn't seem so bad, they fill in with some reasonable coverage so the ratio of game to commercial isn't so high. Of course the Masters is sweet with minimal commercial interuption. I thought the PGA was the worst I've seen lately though.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Clue » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 pm

irban wrote:Yes, I have the DVR, but sometimes it works better to watch it real or near real time. Also agree with Kepp, it takes something out watching it after the event is over. Usually it doesn't seem so bad, they fill in with some reasonable coverage so the ratio of game to commercial isn't so high. Of course the Masters is sweet with minimal commercial interuption. I thought the PGA was the worst I've seen lately though.

When Tiger is in contention, it's always the same. Tiger hits tee shot, commercial, Tiger hits approach, commercial, Tiger putts, commercial. I can't watch it live. I turned it on at 1:30 yesterday, decided to go play a quick round, got back around 5 and started watching then. I got through the whole round by 6:30
Clue

Postby grodney » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Yeah, to watch in "real-time", I just pause it and go do something else for 20-30 minutes, then catch up. Repeat as necessary.
grodney

Postby AO » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:27 pm

"We're talkin bout practice?!"

Tiger gets paid $3 million for a practice round in Australia.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns
AO

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:14 am

AO wrote:"We're talkin bout practice?!"

Tiger gets paid $3 million for a practice round in Australia.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns

Saw some highlights on the golf channel. People were 100 deep following Tiger! Interesting that they state it's just another day for Tiger and he says no. Last week at China with a lower but similar following, several times he showed his frustration with the crowd snapping pics, fans moving around the greens during approaches etc. and his play showed it.
As far as the 3 mil investment it looks like it's paying off.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby 10up » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Tiger got in a car wreck at 2:25am outside of his Florida home.

He crashed into a tree, listed in very serious condition. Cops say charges pending, but various news sources are reporting that alcohol is not a factor.

I think his crazy hot wife stabbed his ass. Just a guess.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Cydisc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm thinking it's prescription pain meds.
Cydisc

Postby KePP » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:53 am

Tiger Woods, ya'll
KePP

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am

Big deal. Im so sick of hearing about every athletes problems. They have millions and millions of dollars, and its bitterness and greed that keeps these stories rolling 24-7.

I cant stand the way we are becoming as a people. I remember a time when your business was your business, and not the business of everyone in the world. Chucking technology and networking. Dont worry, it wont be long before they dont care about your status, just how greasy the shit your into is and how much other people deserve to know about it.

I dont give a shit what Tiger did, or anyone else, thats thier business.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:45 am

Chase20460 wrote:Chucking technology and networking.

Hey now, us network people have feelings too! :lol: 8)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby KePP » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 am

Interesting perspective. Mine was more along the lines of do these guys think they're gonna get away with this stuff?

When you choose to pursue a profession that makes you famous, you know damn well that your personal privacy is forfeited to the flock of sheep. Don't want that? Then find a different way to make money. That's why fame is not an option for me.
KePP

PreviousNext

Return to Sports