Interesting sports info, no baseball, six months, counting.

Sports related topics.

Interesting sports info, no baseball, six months, counting.

Postby 10up » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 am

I couldn't decide upon what starting topic would gather more interest in non-baseball related items for the next few. I've decided to start us off with badass, hilarious, and obscure. Just to get the ball rolling

7 top UFC fighters of all time

NSF anybody who doesn't want to look at a full page of Serena Williams' ass

Jenson Button wins Malaysian F1 Grand Prix

So lets get this going.

I kindly ask the moderators to remove all of Whitson and Fausch's attempts at talking about how cool baseball is in here.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby arowan21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am

All things considered the F1 season had been crazy so far. 3 teams (Brawn, Toyota and Williams-Toyota) have pretty radical difusers that allow the cars to generate a lot of downforce. Considering the new rules to create more mechanical grip with slick tyres and and cleaner air behind the car with smaller rear wings and larger adjustable front wings, its not surprising that teams like Ferrari (0 points), BMW (1 podium biased on pit strategy), McLaren (1 point) are having troubles. They all raced for wins until the end of the season, while the other teams were working on the '09 spec car.

Honda pulling out of f1 was not that much of a shock. Seeing Brawn win 2 races in 2 events, in what is basically a Honda designed car, to begin the 09 season is a shock. They won 1 race in '06 in a very wet Hungary. Toyota I assumed would pull out first. They have yet to win a race in F1, even though they have a larger budget than anyone on here will spend in 7 lifetimes. Mercedes has rumors they might pull out of F1 now. THey are lossing about $1 billion a month right now and the joint McLaren-Mercedes partnership is probably not helping things. Louis Hamilton was recently disqualified from a race and his race engineer suspended for lying to stewards after the Australian race. This, and other actions by McLaren in the past 3 years is not sitting well with the high ups at Daimler. I wouldn't be to surprised if there is a partnership with Brawn after this season. On a humorous note, it means there could be a McLaren-Honda car in the near future.
Last edited by arowan21 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arowan21

Postby Cydisc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 am

I'm surprised she can haul that thing around the court like she does.
Cydisc

Postby Like_Water » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 am

Cydisc wrote:I'm surprised she can haul that thing around the court like she does.

No kidding. I think she uses Soul-Glo too.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby claya » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 am

Justin Rose has led the Masters after the 1st round the last three years in a row.
claya

Postby Like_Water » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Lyoto Machida is finally getting his title shot after winning 11 straight fights. Rashad Evans is probably the toughest matchup for Machida in the UFC, and it's going down May 23 at UFC 98.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Please do not re post the answer to this if you google it and don't figure it out on your own.

How was the only Baseball triple play ever made without a defensive player touching the ball after it left the pitchers hand?

I know it is baseball but a very funny sports fact once you figure out how it could happen. We laughed for a good long time in the car ride home from Bowling Green thinking about this scenario.
Sniper26

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 pm

this is going to sound completely made up....

Runners on first and second.
Batter pops one up, Ump invokes infield fly rule.
Ball hits runner that was on second base after the guy on first base runs past the guy on second base.

There's 3 outs.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm

You read USA Today?

If you really think about the scenario it is pretty funny. You know that guy on second was in complete awe when the dumb ass on first passed him while he held up for the pop fly that then came down and drilled him. What was that idiot doing running on a infield pop fly with no outs?
Sniper26

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 pm

no, those are the only 3 ways I could think of getting an offensive player out without a defensive player touching the ball. I did have to look up the specifics of the infield fly rule though.
MDR_3000

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Well played. Can you imagine the likelihood of there being 2 base runners ever being that dumb again in those same circumstances?
Sniper26

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Or just that dumb ever.
MDR_3000

Re: Interesting sports info, no baseball, six months, counti

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:18 am

Where's tank Abbott in that mix? LMAO>>>> Wait, same place as Kimbo!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby IHearChains » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 am

Sniper26 wrote:How was the only Baseball triple play ever made without a defensive player touching the ball after it left the pitchers hand?

Bases loaded. Batter hits to the outfield wall, ball is in play. Hottie in the bleachers reaches down to try to catch it, makes no contact, and falls out of the stands, snagging her bikini top on the way down. All three baserunners abandon their effort to touch the next base (on the field of play, at least). 3 outs.

------

7.08 Any runner is out when— (a) (1) He runs more than three feet away from his baseline to avoid being tagged unless his action is to avoid interference with a fielder fielding a batted ball. A runner’s baseline is established when the tag attempt occurs and is a straight line from the runner to the base he is attempting to reach safely; or (2) after touching first base, he leaves the baseline, obviously abandoning his effort to touch the next base;
IHearChains

Postby 10up » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

What. The. Chuck.

This isn't funny sports facts. It's interesting sports that have nothing to do with BASEBALL.

gtfo
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Next

Return to Sports