Cutler to the Bears

Sports related topics.

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 am

It'll keep the Bears competitive instead of beign on the perverbial slide that all teams are on, when they don't refresh some personnel, etc.

Herschel Walker?

Exactly!!! My co-workers thanks me all the time for the 3 Super Bowls that the Vikings have.... Because they basically GAVE the cowboys 3 SB rings w/ that Walker trade! LMAO, bc he's right!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Like_Water » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 am

If Cutler doesn't pan out, that would be typical. THe Bears have had more failed players than superstars...but they did get to superbowl recently 8)

I think he'll be fine. He's a Bears fan. Has a good arm and he's young. It will be a new era for the Bears to have a good to great QB.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 am

In a sense, I'd like to see Orton get out of the "Bears' stigma" now, and have a chance to grow w/ another coach, another team, and see if he can build a career yet. I firmly believe in it taking years to develop a calm, experienced QB in the NFL, so here's his chance!

(just pulling for him bc he's a local boy)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 am

He'll do very well. Chicago is my secondary team, pair that with my hatred for Minnesota, Denver, and Tampa this is a win-win-win-win for me.

I disagree with the overpayment thing. Maybe it's because I'm a Saints fan, but I'm more inclined to believe it's because I'm realistic, but draft picks, especially in recent years, have been grossly overrated. The bears have epitomized mediocrity at the QB position for a very long time, and for them to have a chance to get Cutler, whatever price they paid was the right price.

They'll be able to pick up some good core receivers late in the draft, Marques Colston didn't come out until the 7th round, so they're there... With Hester improving at that position they should be a fun team to watch this year.

Just better hope the defense doesn't suck again this year.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Single L » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 am

As a Vikings fan I think this was a win-win for both teams. Denver is on the decline and with a new coach it's a good time to start rebuilding. They gained a lot of draft picks that will help them reach a more long term goal of building a solid team from the ground up. They also get a serviceable QB for the meantime in Orton. The Bears have been in the shitter as far as QB's go for a long time now and this gives them a great chance at actually building a solid team around one. They also suck ass at drafting quality players, so losing all those picks wasn't a major issue. I think the draft is highly overrated as rookie salaries are absurd. Most teams would be better off trading them away for a quality proven player. Plus many times a proven, reliable player can usually be bought much cheaper through free agency, a commodity many team not over paying rookies can afford to purchase. I think it was an awesome deal for the teams involved; the deal would have been ludicrous for any other team.
Last edited by Single L on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 am

As far as giving up draft picks, well, they've been rather useless for the Bears anyway. Angelo is better off giving them up for a Pro Bowler.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Clue » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am

I can't believe how excited you guys are for Cutler. Up until last year Jeff George was still shopping his services. They are identical QBs. Big arm, big stats, no heart. Give me Shane Falco.
Clue

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:22 am

so im curious... now that the Pats made Cassel a franchise player, does that mean they get cash as well for him? or does that just give him a bigger paycheck from the Chiefs?
SARG27044

Postby Clue » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:24 am

SARG27044 wrote:so im curious... now that the Pats made Cassel a franchise player, does that mean they get cash as well for him? or does that just give him a bigger paycheck from the Chiefs?

He just gets the franchise salary from the Chiefs for one year. They'll have to work out a deal to keep him longer.
Clue

Postby dischawk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Cutler will still only be the 2nd best QB in the North! I think Denver got great value out of the deal since they will have 2 first round picks this year and next year. Chicago's offense is nothing compared to what Cutler had in Denver. Marshall and Royal are easily better than whoever Chicago has.. i really dont know who Chicago's receivers are... Hester (sort of) and who else?
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm

So who is going to back Cutler up?
Sniper26

Postby Clue » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Sniper26 wrote:So who is going to back Cutler up?

The sexiest QB in football.
Clue

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm

dischawk wrote:Cutler will still only be the 2nd best QB in the North! I think Denver got great value out of the deal since they will have 2 first round picks this year and next year. Chicago's offense is nothing compared to what Cutler had in Denver. Marshall and Royal are easily better than whoever Chicago has.. i really dont know who Chicago's receivers are... Hester (sort of) and who else?

...Bernard berrian lol
GaW27166

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Wait he is with the Vikes now isnt he. Yea Culter dosent have anyone to throw to.
GaW27166

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 am

Great move for Chicago, and I agree, giving up draft choices shouldnt be a problem for the Bears, they draft shit every year.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Previous

Return to Sports