A-Rod

Sports related topics.

A-Rod

Postby Nick Strut » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 am

Baseball is a phucking joke. Being able to hit a fastball isn't enough? Comments?
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
Nick Strut

Postby Like_Water » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:06 am

Chuck A-Rod. He's a Chucking dick head anyway.

Chuck cheaters.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 am

yeah, look at Babe Ruth. Was he on roids? dont think so. only growth hormone he injested would be a hot dog followed by a beer.
SARG27044

Postby Clue » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 am

Baseball just needs to eat it. They created the mess. There's no way to delineate who did what on a case by case basis. You either throw a whole decade plus away or you embrace it. The numbers are there. They aren't going away. You can't have asterisks. They're either baseball's numbers or they aren't. Something decisive should've been done before this, but once it went to shit, something decisive should've been done afterward. Letting all these guys hang in the wind only hurts the game. Otherwise the debate will continue every hall of fame balloting for the next 30 years.
Clue

Postby Like_Water » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 am

Clue wrote:Baseball just needs to eat it. They created the mess.

And so goes the trend.

Government, Wall Street, Baseball... :roll:
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, and its basically the same premise. Baseball took a dump due to the strike that canceled the World Series, and I quit watching it.

I started watching again, as did alot of others, during the McGwire/Sosa HR Battle. That fan base that came back also brought alot of money, and in order to keep it they juiced balls, corked bats and took steroids.

But....if someone wants to pay you millions of dollars to do something and theres a way to make sure you can do it better, most would.

I Probably would be in that boat if I were a Pro Athlete. A job is a job and sometimes you have to do things you dont agree with to perform better and to make more money. Is it greedy? Yep. Is it the American way? Yeah, look around us, greed is killing America.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 pm

I am getting so sick and tired about hereing about performance enhancing drugs. MLB definately needs to crack the whip or not. If you get caught your penalized. Period. Too many politics involved though. It's all in the name. It's ARod, he admitted, he apologized, he's one of the greatest in the game today. We can't take him from the game. Well nothing is going to change then if that is what they want to happen. This is terrible for the sport, and the media makes it 100 times worse than it is. This Arod deal will go on for at least a year I'm sure. Clue is right, the MLB needs to move on, and take a direct approach for every drug incident, not matter who or what it is. Otherwise, the same thing is going to keep happening. So and so tested positive 15 years ago, but he didn't know what it was. Okay, what can you do about it now. It seems like nothing has changed at all since this became an issue 10 years or so ago. What have they done? Other than question guys on t.v. who end up lying anyways. But, now after Barry's saga they have learned that telling the truth can be more beneficial, or less penalizing, however you want to look at it.
I constantly go in circles on this. It hurts seeing the best in the sport doint this stuff, but hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in all of sports no matter what you're on.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Chase20460 wrote:I Probably would be in that boat if I were a Pro Athlete.

Did you move back down to the advanced division?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Like_Water » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:11 pm

All this being said, at least he owned up to it and won't be going to jail like Barry Bonds.
Like_Water

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm

he told us what we wanted to hear. by him saying he took steroids from 01' to 03' shows that he admits he HAD a problem. But I truley believe that he has continued to use them, and might have only stopped recently because he was coming into question. no way he only took them for 3 years and then just stopped on his own accord! he either continues to use or because investigaters are getting too close he stopped
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Discwrangler wrote:All this being said, at least he owned up to it and won't be going to jail like Barry Bonds.

Note: Mike and Mike rehash ......

They made a good point this morning. Yeah he owned up but only after he got caught. He wouldn't have said boo if he didn't get caught, so the apology and owning up is meritless. They said if you know you’re on the list than own up now before your name is brought up, as this would be the best thing to do. To me if you’re on the list you've already been caught even though your name hasn't surfaced, so owning up now is as meritless as A-Rod. They should release the list so it's out and we can all move on sooner.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm

The A-Rod media frenzy is saving, well, maybe at least helping Michael Phelps. Americans are fickle, they forget, and move on to the next big story quicker than especially if you tie up loose ends, like A-Rod is attempting to do. The real debate is whether or not the writers will ever vote any of these clowns into the HOF.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 pm

^^^^
dosent look good for Mcguire
SARG27044

Postby swan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:27 pm

I'd agree with the Mike and Mike POV. He's coming clean now because he was outted by a couple of reporters. If he really wanted to take the high road, he would've voluntarily come forward and admitted he used. He has not improved his standing IMO.

The other side to that argument would be that those tests were supposed to be confidential. The players tested and their results were never supposed to see the light of day. Those 104 players who pissed dirty probably should've seen this coming even though they were promised privacy.

Who's next? Nomar? Kerry Wood?
swan

Postby z-man » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 pm

I'll tell you who's next...
Brady Anderson...

Regarding A-rod...its a tough place for any athlete to be...the culture was different 8 years ago when players really started using these performance enhancers...he admitted he cleaned up after he tested positive...and I believe him...he also never really saw an increase/decrease in his stat lines...so I never saw this coming from him...His body never really bulked up like Bonds or McGuire's did...drawing the line as far as what the penalties should be is a tough call because a good chunk of your 'stars' were using during this period...no real point just lots of ranting here...

And why the hell did congress get involved in the first place...shouldn't they have more important things to do...like watching over this economy of ours???
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Next

Return to Sports