Kurt Warner is the Man

Sports related topics.

Postby The Donator » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
LOL. Roethlisburger is a joke, and you know it. And dont even get me started on the dozen+ calls the refs giftwrapped in gold foil to the steelers.

a dozen? really? I can think of one.

ex⋅ag⋅ger⋅ate   /ɪgˈzædʒəˌreɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-zaj-uh-reyt] Show IPA Pronunciation
verb, -at⋅ed, -at⋅ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to magnify beyond the limits of truth; overstate; represent disproportionately: to exaggerate the difficulties of a situation.
2. to increase or enlarge abnormally: Those shoes exaggerate the size of my feet.
–verb (used without object) 3. to employ exaggeration, as in speech or writing: a person who is always exaggerating.

Ok, LOLLL, maybe not a full dozen, but there were a ton. Please dont make me look them all up. A few I can think of off the top of my head was the two minute warning one, the block in the back on harrison's touchdown run, the dual facemasking when it was only called on Arizona, the roughing the passer penalty on Dansby, the numerous challenges Arizona had to do just to get a few of the calls right, the last play of the game....i cant think of anymore at the moment.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 pm

What two minute warning one?

The block in the back was questionable at best, full speed it's pretty hard to pick out.

Dansby roughing was a pretty sally call, but I think a lot of the roughing the passer calls are pansy-like.

Challenges are part of the game.

The last play of the game was a fumble. No questioning that.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Roughing the passer is always arguable. If there is any question it is going to get called, and rightfully so IMO. Majority of the time it's pretty obvious that it's not intentianally done. However, if they let those instances slide things could get a lot worse. Yes, it is a contact sport, but I'm all for protecting vulnerable QB's, as being one myself a long time ago with no offensive line to speak of.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby swan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Not to mention when Holmes waited until the ref turned around to do his LeBron powder act after the go-ahead TD catch. 15 yard penalty on that kick-off would've been huge for the Cards.

Plus, there was a big no-call on Harrison for a beat down on some AZ player.

Calls go both ways eventually, but that makes two SBs in a row for the Steelers where the penalty flags were actually Terrible Towels.
swan

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:33 pm

^outstanding metaphor^
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm

You can thank CRY-BABY Troy Aikman for the roughin the passer flags that are happening more these days. He wanted it to be illegal for you to even hit the QB! I'd probably feel the same way if I averaged 1.5 concusions a game too!
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:44 pm

swan wrote:Calls go both ways eventually, but that makes two SBs in a row for the Steelers where the penalty flags were actually Terrible Towels.

Didnt go both ways in this one, unfortunately. Tim Donaughy, anyone?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm

swan wrote:Plus, there was a big no-call on Harrison for a beat down on some AZ player.

Actually that was called. They were already on their own 2ft line so it was a 1ft penalty.
Clue

Postby irban » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm sorry the cards lost, but most of the personal fouls I saw looked like they were deserved. I guess I didn't notice whether they were calling more on one side. That holding for the safety was a godsend though.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Clue wrote:
swan wrote:Plus, there was a big no-call on Harrison for a beat down on some AZ player.

Actually that was called. They were already on their own 2ft line so it was a 1ft penalty.

I'm guessing he was referring to him not getting ejected, and he should've. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fined by the NFL. Or has he already?
GDL17921

Postby swan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 pm

GDL4000 wrote:
Clue wrote:

I'm guessing he was referring to him not getting ejected, and he should've. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fined by the NFL. Or has he already?

Yeah, the one I'm talking about was behind the play and wasn't called. Madden said he should've been ejected.
swan

Postby Single L » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:24 pm

swan wrote:
GDL4000 wrote:
Clue wrote:

Yeah, the one I'm talking about was behind the play and wasn't called. Madden said he should've been ejected.

Yeah Madden's one to listen too. Madden talked for 5 min about how Warner wears gloves and proceeded by showing a photo of him without gloves in STL and with gloves in Arizona ............ Thanks for the comparison, I truly could not have pictured the glove scenario without it :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby swan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 pm

porkchop wrote:
swan wrote:
GDL4000 wrote:
Clue wrote:

Yeah Madden's one to listen too. Madden talked for 5 min about how Warner wears gloves and proceeded by showing a photo of him without gloves in STL and with gloves in Arizona ............ Thanks for the comparison, I truly could not have pictured the glove scenario without it :roll:

I was just using Madden's statement for reference....

Anyway, does anyone read Bill Simmons? IMO, best sports columnist around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl
swan

Postby dischawk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

The Donator wrote:
Ok, LOLLL, maybe not a full dozen, but there were a ton. Please dont make me look them all up. A few I can think of off the top of my head was the two minute warning one, the block in the back on harrison's touchdown run, the dual facemasking when it was only called on Arizona, the roughing the passer penalty on Dansby, the numerous challenges Arizona had to do just to get a few of the calls right, the last play of the game....i cant think of anymore at the moment.

there was also a phantom receiver holding call b/c the DB touched the WR after 5 yards
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 pm

dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:

there was also a phantom receiver holding call b/c the DB touched the WR after 5 yards

that's called illegal touching, and you're not allowed to do it. And it usually gets called on in and out routes.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

PreviousNext

Return to Sports