UFC 93

Sports related topics.

UFC 93

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am

The first in a line of great events this month.

Who you got Joe?

Rich Franklin (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#7 Middleweight in the World)
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Mark Coleman
-Denis Kang vs. Alan Belcher
-Rousimar Palhares vs. Jeremy Horn
-Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Alexandre Barros
-Ivan Serati vs. Thomasz Drwal
-Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
-Nate Mohr vs. Denis Siver
-Eric Schafer vs. Antonio Mendes


Not the best card, but still very solid. I'm anxious to see how Shogun looks.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby OU812_LukeS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:00 pm

I'll weigh in.

Franklin vs. Henderson - I predict a clinchy snoozefest, with Franklin by UD
Rua vs. Coleman - My money's on youth and speed, Rua by KO
Kang vs. Belcher - Belcher's lost 3 of the last 7, he'll lose here again for symmetry
Horn vs. Palhares - No clue, I'll say Horn because he's on the main card so maybe he looks good lately even though he's got like 500 fights
Davis vs. Lytle - Double KO, I hope. Actually I want to see Davis win so he can be a contender at WW (which Lytle just isn't)

Yep, not the best card. These England ones never are for some reason.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Mars

Postby Like_Water » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

OU812_LukeS wrote:

Horn vs. Palhares - No clue, I'll say Horn because he's on the main card so maybe he looks good lately even though he's got like 500 fights

It'll be his 120th fight. Ouch!

Davis vs. Lytle - Double KO, I hope. Actually I want to see Davis win so he can be a contender at WW (which Lytle just isn't)

Very true. Davis is exciting, so it Lytle. Fight of the Night material

Yep, not the best card. These England ones never are for some reason.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Re: UFC 93

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Discwrangler wrote:Rich Franklin (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#7 Middleweight in the World)
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Mark Coleman
-Denis Kang vs. Alan Belcher
-Rousimar Palhares vs. Jeremy Horn
-Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Alexandre Barros
-Ivan Serati vs. Thomasz Drwal
-Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
-Nate Mohr vs. Denis Siver
-Eric Schafer vs. Antonio Mendes

I want Frankling to win...love watching this guy fight. He has a very interesting style. But I think Henderson will take him down and submit him.

Shogun by submission
Kang by KO
Horn by submission
Davis by KO
Kampmann vs. Barros is a toss up for me.
Sivere by submission
Mendes will win by KO
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 am

Man...Rich Franklin got screwed. He should have won that fight. I thought he won rounds 1 and 3. I know the 1st round was close, but other than Henderson having him down on the mat for a bit, Franklin seemed to land more in that round.

Davis and Lytle was a great match...definitely the fight of the night.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby OU812_LukeS » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Davis vs. Lytle was sort of tainted by their "gentleman's agreement" to keep the fight standing, at least for me. I didn't think the fight was that great, they looked tired to me. At least I though, until I saw Rua vs. Coleman. Have you ever seen two fighters gas so early in a fight?
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Mars

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am

OU812_LukeS wrote:Davis vs. Lytle was sort of tainted by their "gentleman's agreement" to keep the fight standing, at least for me. I didn't think the fight was that great, they looked tired to me. At least I though, until I saw Rua vs. Coleman. Have you ever seen two fighters gas so early in a fight?


That's what happens when your in an organization that tests for sterioids :wink:

It was pretty sad seeing a young Rua look about as tired as an old Coleman.

Downloading the Davis/Lytle fight now. I'm pissed Franklin got screwed.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way


Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest