I wish Tim Tebow would go pro

Sports related topics.

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

ghstinshll wrote:anyone can throw a ball 40 yds... lol The jury's gonan be out a while on this kid, but I think he'll get a shot.

you sure about that?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Single L » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:31 pm

ghstinshll wrote:The reason Joe Flacko (Flacco ..... JS), and whoever the other young successful guy itn e NFL is this year (Matt Ryan), is so successful is because of their football smarts, not their arm strength. I thought that was peculiar, but there is a lot to be said for leaders, who also are smart @ their position, and who can not lose the game for their teams.

I think calling Tebow a "Grossman" could be premature, but I think he'll at least be decent. Who knows if he'll start somewhere, but I bet he gets a shot & does decent. Like a Brad Johnson or something.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are successful partially due to football smarts, but Matt Ryan has an above average arm with great mechanics, great vision, fairly mobile and has an NFL QB frame (6'4", 220 lbs). Joe Flacco has a freaking cannon, great pocket awareness and has elite NFL QB size (6'6", 230 lbs).

Tim Tebow is very athletic, NFL QB frame, and smart. He has a very weak arm, and plays in a system that is not a good NFL prep. He is a running quarter back, which usually translates poorly to the NFL (Tarvaris Jackson, Vince Young, Michal Vick). You have to have a solid throwing attack to be an NFL Championship contender ....... when the listed athletes are on the field they actually take a contender to a pretender.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh, he'll get a shot. He's a great athlete. Just not a NFL QB.

I started this thread because I couldn't believe the commentators and their apparent NAMBLA status. Not because Tim Tebow sucks or anything.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Previous

Return to Sports