I loathe Rashad Evans

Sports related topics.

I loathe Rashad Evans

Postby Nick Strut » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:06 am

Rashad's unsportsman-like conduct makes me furious. He won fair and square, but showed no class. Frank Mir's victory was impressive. He showed unparalleled boxing skills for a MMA heavy-weight. Forrest Griffen is still the man in my book. He's such a likable, classy fighter. Whose going to be the man to defeat Evans? Does Mir stand a chance against Lesner?
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
Nick Strut

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:03 am

I too believe Rashad is a dickbag. It is nice to see someone else from TUF make their way up the ranks but I wish that he would have stayed humble about it.
Sniper26

Postby Nick Strut » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 am

Right you are Sniper. That guys a definite dickbag
Nick Strut

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:51 am

Well...I definitely agree about Evans being a dickbag. No class.

Mir was very impressive. And I think he will give Lesner all he can handle in the ring. Their first match was actually pretty good. Lesner had Mir on the ropes at one point, but the ref stood them up. Mir eventaully submitted him. This is definitely going to be an interesting fight.

Back to Evans, possible fighters already being mentioned are Rampage or the winner between Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Like_Water » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Forrest should have KO'd his ass when he gave him his chin, twice.

I think Rampage will get the next shot. Lyoto will beat either of them, but the UFC is reluctant to give him a shot due to his "elusive" style.

Mir look VERY impressive. Big Nog was lucky to get out of the first round. I think Lesnar is going to be a big challenge for any of the traditional heavyweights. They are going to have to make a super heavyweight class in the near future. Lesnar is a monster, and the gap between 205 and 265 is just too big.

If you find guys like Mario Williams (Texans) and make them fighters, the super heavyweight class would be awesome! But the money needs to be there first.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby OU812_LukeS » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 am

Ah, thought I smelled an MMA thread.

I say this about few people but I can't wait to see Rashad Evans lose. His style just irritates me. Looking forward to watching him fight Lyoto when the time comes.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Like_Water » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:58 am

OU812_LukeS wrote:Ah, thought I smelled an MMA thread.

I say this about few people but I can't wait to see Rashad Evans lose. His style just irritates me. Looking forward to watching him fight Lyoto when the time comes.

No just lose, but get KTFO!

It's kinda sounding like Rampage vs. Rashad will be next.
Like_Water

Postby Nick Strut » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:23 am

Sounds like were all on the same page. Rashad is a douche bag.
Nick Strut

Postby Like_Water » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:28 am

I think it's funny how people expect fighters to have class.
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Thu May 28, 2009 11:09 am

OU812_LukeS wrote: Looking forward to watching him fight Lyoto when the time comes.

Like_Water

Postby KePP » Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 am

Funny. Good call, Luke
KePP

Postby AO » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Rashad and Rampage fighting/arguing this week on The Ultimate Fighter was great. The show sucked though this week. Whoever the ex football player is is a massive douche bag psycho. The fight was lame too. Both were winded 3 minutes into the fight and it looked like a never ending bar brawl. The only thing good on that episode was Rampage destroying the door.
AO

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 am

Actually, I think that brutal KO by Machida improved Rashad Evans as person (that, or caused some brain damage.) The way they edit TUF, he really seems like a committed coach. Rampage can't coach to save his life, he's too obsessed with gynecomastia to care about winning.

Matt Mitrione is an odd cat, and that fight DID suck once they got winded, but I was actually really impressed with his footwork and striking. The guy is a natural athlete, out of all the fighters I've seen on the show he's the only one who really moves well and understands his range. Too bad he doesn't know where the treadmill is. If he gets some cardio and a little ground game he could be an interesting fighter to watch.

Big Baby was hilarious. 6"7, 260lbs, finished his first fight in 30 seconds. Loves gardening and flowers, is scared to death of spiders.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Mad Max » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I just wanna see more fights with Kimbo Slice!!!

Anybody think that Spencer Fisher from the Quads has many more fights left? I think he's still a good fighter but was totally overmatched by Joe "Daddy" Stevenson.
Mad Max

Postby Like_Water » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Mad Max wrote:I just wanna see more fights with Kimbo Slice!!!

Anybody think that Spencer Fisher from the Quads has many more fights left? I think he's still a good fighter but was totally overmatched by Joe "Daddy" Stevenson.

Joe Daddy is training with the top camp in the country. Spencer did it on his own. Bad idea.

He also had to cut a ton of weight the day before the fight, another bad idea.

His commitment to fighting is in question. He opened his own gym and I'm sure his priorities are shared and not focused solely on fighting.
Like_Water

Return to Sports