GSP vs. BJ Penn

Sports related topics.

Postby Nick Strut » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Charles Bronson
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
Nick Strut

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:31 am

I think that Thiago will dethrone GSP. Thiago is a beast. I would however like to see a match at a catch weight between GSP and Anderson Silva. I think that could be an entertaining match. How about Machida actually finishing a match for once? It wasn't such a boring fight after all.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:I think that Thiago will dethrone GSP. Thiago is a beast. I would however like to see a match at a catch weight between GSP and Anderson Silva. I think that could be an entertaining match. How about Machida actually finishing a match for once? It wasn't such a boring fight after all.

Machida's knocked for being a boring fighter but his footwork is not much different than that of a skilled boxer. Fighters who stand there and eat punches don't last long. I personally find Machida's technical style a lot more exciting than watching Chuck Liddell loping around the Octagon with his right hand cocked back. Gee, Chuck, I wonder what your game plan is...
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:57 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:I think that Thiago will dethrone GSP. Thiago is a beast. I would however like to see a match at a catch weight between GSP and Anderson Silva. I think that could be an entertaining match. How about Machida actually finishing a match for once? It wasn't such a boring fight after all.

I heard a Yahoo sportswriter claim that Alves stepped into the ring at 199lbs last time, which I believe looking at him. If anyone's on steroids, it's that guy...he couldn't make it to 170lbs against Hughes (he weighed in at 174.)

His leg kicks are wicked. He's easily the strongest athlete GSP will face anytime soon.
OU812_LukeS

Postby Like_Water » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm

OU812_LukeS wrote: I personally find Machida's technical style a lot more exciting than watching Chuck Liddell loping around the Octagon with his right hand cocked back. Gee, Chuck, I wonder what your game plan is...

Amen to that. Machida is just waiting for the UFC to give him his belt. He's the best 205er on the planet right now.

GSP will beat Alves.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I don't think Machida will take the belt. I think there will be a match up with Rampage and Evans first. I think Dana is going to wait on giving Machida a title shot. One or two fights more possibly. Although Machida has an impressive resume of ufc fighters he has beaten(Penn, Ortiz and Franklin to name a few). I could possibly see a fight between Machida and Griffin as a possible next match up.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Like_Water » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:48 pm

He's been waiting for over a year! I'm not sure what Dana's problem is with Machida and a title shot. Maybe he's tough to promote, but Dana's a master of that. I do know he spent ALOT of money to get Rampage into the UFC, so he's vested in that interest. They are building up for a Rampage vs Rashad next if Page gets past Jardine.

Either way, it's Lyoto's belt. The man is simply amazing. He's averaged being hit 0.6 times/round. That's unheard of! Not to mention he just demolished Thiago Silva, beat Sokodjou, beat Tito, he's demolished Rich Franklin...this guy is for real.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:I don't think Machida will take the belt. I think there will be a match up with Rampage and Evans first. I think Dana is going to wait on giving Machida a title shot. One or two fights more possibly. Although Machida has an impressive resume of ufc fighters he has beaten(Penn, Ortiz and Franklin to name a few). I could possibly see a fight between Machida and Griffin as a possible next match up.

I don't want to see Machida fight Griffin. Griffin never should have gotten a title fight...he got KTFO'd by Jardine, then beat a non-contender and then Shogun, whom we can now see is only marginal now that he's off the juice. He was groomed to be the champ only because of the stupid reality series. Aside from his leg kicks and cardio, Rampage busted him up. I can almost guarantee that Machida doesn't feel he needs to fight Griffin and if they make the matchup, this will be the "controversy" they use to sell the thing.

Alves has the tools and potential to beat GSP, but not the game plan. GSP always has a better game plan than his opponents.
OU812_LukeS

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 am

that's because he's french, errr, something. lol
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby OU812_LukeS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 am

ghstinshll wrote:that's because he's french, errr, something. lol

(clap...clap...)
OU812_LukeS

Postby HippieGolfWear » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:34 pm

www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
HippieGolfWear

Postby Nick Strut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Nice Find. GSP uses Vaseline for more than that :lol:
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
Nick Strut

Previous

Return to Sports