UNI

Sports related topics.

Postby AO » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:50 am

Conference Champs and Conference Tournament Champs! UNI pretty much dominated all 3 games. Easily the best basketball team in the state.
AO
 
Posts: 4271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby Detra319 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am

That game last night was close until suddenly the Shockers couldn't make a bucket to save their lives, and UNI couldn't miss. Did you see the 3 that basically iced it, like 7 mins left, puts UNI back up by 16, with a falling back, in the face trey? That was a thing of beauty, hopefully their big men can continue to produce down the stretch, then they might go pretty deep into the tournament.
Detra319
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:51 am

Postby Single L » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am

porkchop wrote:I was hoping for a 5 or 6 seed before their losses to Bradley and Evansville; I think the only way they even sniff a 6 seed is if they win the conference tournament with blowout wins. If they lose in the Championship game I see them ending up in the dreaded 7-10 or 8-9 game. If they lose sooner, it looks like another 12 seed :roll:


Well they did it, they won in very convincing fashion in all 3 games ...... I think UNI will be in the conversation of a 5 or 6 seed after a great showing in the MVC tournament.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby The Donator » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

That game was more boring than watching a Spurs game. Was there a single fast-break point? I wanted to gouge my eyes out.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Like_Water » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 pm

The Donator wrote:That game was more boring than watching a Spurs game. Was there a single fast-break point? I wanted to gouge my eyes out.


You need to learn the lessons taught by high school girls basketball.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
The Donator wrote:That game was more boring than watching a Spurs game. Was there a single fast-break point? I wanted to gouge my eyes out.


You need to learn the lessons taught by high school girls basketball.
:lol: another reason why High School basketball needs a shot clock....
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby AO » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Jacobson signs 10 year deal.....Can't wait to watch the game Friday!
AO
 
Posts: 4271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby Single L » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

AO wrote:Jacobson signs 10 year deal.....Can't wait to watch the game Friday!

As nice as the new deal sounds, it still won't be enough to keep him if a big dog comes firing with Millions. With that being said Coach Jake is a guy with a lot of class and character, so in order for him to break his contract it will have to be a huge amount.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby Like_Water » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

porkchop wrote:
AO wrote:Jacobson signs 10 year deal.....Can't wait to watch the game Friday!

As nice as the new deal sounds, it still won't be enough to keep him if a big dog comes firing with Millions. With that being said Coach Jake is a guy with a lot of class and character, so in order for him to break his contract it will have to be a huge amount.


And it probably will be. Good for him. Good for UNI.

I think we have a good chance of making the final four.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby arowan21 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Discwrangler wrote:I think we have a good chance of making the final four.
As a pro dger, are you allowed to play college basketball at the same time, and didn't you run out of eligibility around 2002. :P :P :P
User avatar
arowan21
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby The Donator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 am

arowan21 wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:I think we have a good chance of making the final four.
As a pro dger, are you allowed to play college basketball at the same time, and didn't you run out of eligibility around 2002. :P :P :P

JFC not again :roll:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby 10up » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:02 pm

you can go here and vote for UNI's defeat of Kansas as the Upset of the year. The ESPY awards are kind of dumb, but it would be cool to see the Panthers get one.

Amongst the numerous categories you can also vote at various places for Drew Brees and the Saints to win everything.
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3036
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Previous

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest