UNI

Sports related topics.

UNI

Postby AO » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Anyone catch todays football game? One of the more disappointing games I've watched. The last five minutes UNI played passive and the last play of the game was a joke.
AO

Postby gocards300 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:55 am

I thought I was watching the cyclones. :lol:
gocards300

Postby mattmelcher » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:31 am

The last play was probably one of the worst I have EVER seen...why not take a shot or two and get in field goal range and at least TRY to win the game...instead they chose to run around like a bunch of seventh graders.

After that I'm sure Jamie Pollard can't wait to hire Farley as his next coach...after all, isn't Ames where all Northern Iowa coaches are destined to end up?
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby AO » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:25 pm

WOW! What a time to get an OWI. 3 conference games left, 17th in the country, and holding on to 1st place in the conference.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/84353672.html
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:50 pm

AO wrote:WOW! What a time to get an OWI. 3 conference games left, 17th in the country, and holding on to 1st place in the conference.

Only a three game suspension? :shock:
You would think for an OWI it'd be indefinate.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Cydisc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
AO wrote:WOW! What a time to get an OWI. 3 conference games left, 17th in the country, and holding on to 1st place in the conference.

There is a very scientific equation that coaches use to figure lengths of suspension. A lot has to do with W-L record, conference standing and how valuable the player is to the team.
Cydisc

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Cydisc wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:

There is a very scientific equation that coaches use to figure lengths of suspension. A lot has to do with W-L record, conference standing and how valuable the player is to the team.

Yeah, evidently two public intoxications (Tucker @ Iowa) are worse then one OWI if you have a losing record. :lol:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby arowan21 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 pm

owi in cedar falls are basically public intox in iowa city.
arowan21

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Front page of the ESPN College Basketball section. I didn't see a mention of the OWI but they have already dropped in the polls.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/
Grimm

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 am

that kid just effectively ruined EVERY hope for UNI's amazing tournament run. Maybe the team can pull together, but he's a center - they aren't a dime a dozen, are they?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am

ghstinshll wrote:that kid just effectively ruined EVERY hope for UNI's amazing tournament run.

Why in the chuck would you say that??? He's only out for 3 games, personally I think it should be more for an OWI, but that's what got handed to him, so really UNI is not in terrible shape. The 3 games sans-Eglseder are Creighton at home, the Bracket Buster vs. Old Dominion, and at Evansville. Evansville is complete shit so no worries there. Tonight’s game vs. Creighton will either be a hangover game that they lose because they feel sorry for themselves and can't pick their heads up, or the team uses this incident as ammo; I say it's the latter, UNI is a mentally tough team. Also O'Rear is a force, he's no 7 footer, but he's tough as nails, has a nice touch on the ball, and has more energy than a 5 year old on a 3 day Mt Dew binge, so really UNI is not in that bad of a spot without Eglseder in the starting rotation. What I do worry about is the lack of an experienced sub for O'Rear. If UNI can minimize the damage when O'Rear is not in the game they will be in good shape. The Bracket Buster will be the same story as the Creighton game.

I think UNI will come out of this setback 2-1. Eglseder returns for the final game of the season at home against Illinois State, which should be another Win. So at season’s end I see the Panthers being 25-4 heading into the conference tournament.

So the Panthers will be 25-4, have Eglseder for the Conference tournament and for the Big Dance (assuming they make it, which still looks very promising) ........... So really I see no basis for your comment :roll:
Last edited by Single L on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

oh, ok. that's good to hear they're tough... It sounded like he'd be out for the end of the regular season. I hope he comes back w/ a vengeance, and helps the team even more w hen back then.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Swisher Streets » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Im going to UNI right now.. We just won by 18 tonight. No worries, 3-0 while hes gone and undefeated the rest of the regular season.
Swisher Streets

Postby mkurtz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:08 pm

KA BOOM UNI WINS the bracket buster victory 71-62 over old dominion.I love this team. :D
mkurtz

Postby Single L » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 pm

porkchop wrote: ......... The 3 games sans-Eglseder are Creighton at home, the Bracket Buster vs. Old Dominion, and at Evansville. Evansville is complete shit so no worries there...........

I think UNI will come out of this setback 2-1. Eglseder returns for the final game of the season at home against Illinois State, which should be another Win. So at season’s end I see the Panthers being 25-4 heading into the conference tournament.

We'll I guess I had the record correct with Eglseder out of the lineup, too bad the loss was to bottom dweller Evansville ....... I guess the Panthers overlooked them much like I did. Hopefully they can win Saturday and finish strong in the conference tournament. I don't think them getting in to the Tournament is at risk at all, but man did their seeding take a huge hit.

I was hoping for a 5 or 6 seed before their losses to Bradley and Evansville; I think the only way they even sniff a 6 seed is if they win the conference tournament with blowout wins. If they lose in the Championship game I see them ending up in the dreaded 7-10 or 8-9 game. If they lose sooner, it looks like another 12 seed :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Next

Return to Sports