38%
Manny
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 8

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:38 pm

swan wrote:
porkchop wrote:"I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP," Pujols said in Spanish at a news conference organized by the Dominican Republic's sports ministry.

Pujols wins MVP.
His acceptance speech should be a flip floppin’ good time ....... Maybe he should go into politics :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm

im not sayin you're wrong i just feel that it should go to who ever had the best year regardless of what your teamates did around u, because one good player dosent win u games, its a team effort, and just because one guy had a year of a life time but the rest of his team sucked should he get screwed out of the voting?
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm

SARG27044 wrote:im not sayin you're wrong i just feel that it should go to who ever had the best year regardless of what your teamates did around u, because one good player dosent win u games, its a team effort, and just because one guy had a year of a life time but the rest of his team sucked should he get screwed out of the voting?

according to the deciders of who's MVP, no. Pujols played hurt all year, probably one of his worst years to date, and still gets the votes. That just shows how good and valuable he is. Sure I'm a Cardinals fan, but I think I'd feel the same way if I wasn't. He's just hands down the best player in baseball, and his comments reflect how team oriented he actually is, he could give a shit less about winning this today, let me assure you.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:53 pm

right, would the cards have been in contention for a playoff spot for over half the year if pujols was not on their team? possibly but probably not. in little league and shit the winner was always the best player in the league, wether the team was good or not
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:16 pm

It doesn't matter what the score is, what the situation is, who's pitching, how many outs there are. Pujol's is always an immediate threat at the plate. Unless you intentionally walk him, but then it's a free pass. That's one thing that hurt the Cards this year IMO. They didn't have a good enough bat behind Pujols.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby RedEye19357 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I agree
Do what is right, because that is what is right.
RedEye19357

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:19 pm

2008: Pujols gets the MVP while Howard gets 2nd and wins the World Series

2006: Howard gets the MVP while Pujols gets 2nd and wins the World Series

A bit ironic eh?
dischawk

Postby gocards300 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:59 pm

SARG27044 wrote:would the cards have been in contention for a playoff spot for over half the year if pujols was not on their team? possibly but probably not.

Would the Phillies have made the playoffs if Howard was not on their team?
gocards300

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 am

gocards300 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:would the cards have been in contention for a playoff spot for over half the year if pujols was not on their team? possibly but probably not.

I think they would have been a better team if they had a more consistent hitter in his spot. As opposed to a srike out or home run game plan. Home Runs are great, but I'm willing to bet, Howard left more guys on base striking out then he drove in with Home Runs. Would I like to have him on my team? Absolutely, just what the Cubs are missing. Someone who just drops bombs. However, I'd take consistency over power any day of the week. and Pujols has both.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 am

gocards300 wrote:

probably not. i never said your guess for mvp was way off. it should just go to the best player in the league and this year it did, even though they didnt make it to the playoffs. good year pujols. im a brewer fan and even though Braun was right in the mix i felt pujols was a more needed player on the cards, and he had a better year.
SARG27044

Previous

Return to Sports