UFC 90 was the biggest waste of $50 ever

Sports related topics.

UFC 90 was the biggest waste of $50 ever

Postby anubis080 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 am

I don't even know what to say about this. I paid $50 to see Anderson Silva fight Patrick Cote and all I really saw was Cote being an idiot and ripping his MCL prancing around on stage.

The only well fought fight was Thiago Alves, they didn't even show the "King Fisher's" fight, WTF!

They showed four fights and a preliminary, worst $50 spent in history, the end. :evil:
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:12 am

Did you DVR it?

Silva was putting on a clinic...too bad we couldn't see the KO...it was coming.

Alves vs. Koscheck was badass.

Check UFC.com they might have Fischers fight up for free...they do that with the good undercards.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 am

Sherk vs griffin was a decent fight too...I don't like either fighter, they are wrestlers, which usually makes for boring fights...and when they try to be boxers like this weekend, you're watching mediocre boxing.

Overall, this will be one of the weaker cards of 2008. I watched most of them online yesterday.

The November and December cards will be worth $50 for sure. :wink:
Like_Water

Postby anubis080 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:44 am

Oh man, I hope so lol. The Sherk fight was pretty awesome; his punches are almost TOO fast haha. Totally agree with the boxing of both of them.

Yeah, and the Alves s. Koscheck was pretty insane. I am almost positive that Thiago was going to win very quickly when he took Koscheck to the ground. My thinking is that he thought the ref was going to call it and he let up and walked away from him!

I think it was that same fight that I wanted to go in there and kick the ref's ass for badgering them to get the fight going when they were on the ground, freaking pissed me off sooooo much, he said it every 30 seconds no joke.
anubis080

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:03 pm

anubis080 wrote:Oh man, I hope so lol. The Sherk fight was pretty awesome; his punches are almost TOO fast haha. Totally agree with the boxing of both of them.

Yeah, and the Alves s. Koscheck was pretty insane. I am almost positive that Thiago was going to win very quickly when he took Koscheck to the ground. My thinking is that he thought the ref was going to call it and he let up and walked away from him!

I think it was that same fight that I wanted to go in there and kick the ref's ass for badgering them to get the fight going when they were on the ground, freaking pissed me off sooooo much, he said it every 30 seconds no joke.

I agree...there needs to be better continuity with Ref's and judges in MMA.
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Dude, check out the Horwich vs. Miller fight from UFC90 on www.ufc.com

Great fight.
Like_Water

Postby anubis080 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Wow, why couldn't they show any of the good fights?!? Horwich just couldn't get in that alma platter, and it cost him the fight :? Great fight though. I wanna see the Lesnar/Couture one. I wanna say Couture will win, just because of what happened with Lesnar against Mir. He kinda just watched it happen, and couture knows what he's doing as well. But I really do want to see Lesnar just brutalize him :P
anubis080

Postby Like_Water » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:04 am

I heard Lesnar got knocked out twice in practice by Brett "Grimm" Rodgers.

Rodgers is looking for a new gym since Brock is getting all the hype and attention...there's too much distraction.

First Kimbo, now Lesnar taking the spotlight that Grimm probably deserves more.
Like_Water

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am

That Horwich/Miller fight was pretty good... Not sure when it was filmed, but it's on ufc.com.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Like_Water » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

ghstinshll wrote:That Horwich/Miller fight was pretty good... Not sure when it was filmed, but it's on ufc.com.

UFC 90.

91 and 92 and 93 should be pretty epic cards.
Like_Water

Postby OU812_LukeS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 am

Anyone been watching EliteXC this last year? Right before they threw James Thompson to Kimbo, he fought Brett Rogers. Rogers knocked out Thompson but not as quickly as I thought he would, considering the way Thompson fights.

Rogers has a long line of heavyweights to beat in order to get his shot, unfortunately.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby OU812_LukeS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:07 am

Oh and yes, biggest disappointment...for a title fight, this was about a 3.5/10 on the anticipation scale because Patrick Cote's style puts me to sleep. Then on top of that, just as Silva starts getting warmed up, throwing flying knees, etc, Cote's damn knee goes. Sigh...

Alves vs. Koscheck reminded me that persistent, hard leg kicks win fights (see: Forrest Griffin vs. Rampage, Jardine vs. Liddell.) If GSP beats Penn in January, it has to be Alves next. Now THAT will be a killer fight.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Return to Sports