Kimbo's looking for a new home

Sports related topics.

Kimbo's looking for a new home

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Along with all the other EliteXC fighters. The company folded this morning.

Hopefully they haven't spoiled MMA for the general public. :evil:

UFC is still the top dog, with UFC 90 going on in Chicago this weekend. :twisted:

2009 is going to have some great super fights, and possibly Anderson Silva's final year of competition. I'm looking for him to retire with both the Middleweight and Light Heavyweight belts.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I hope Gina Carano and the other women can sign on with UFC, those have been some of the best MMA fights on Elite XC.
Sniper26

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I hope Gina Carano and the other women can sign on with UFC, those have been some of the best MMA fights on Elite XC.
Sniper26

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Won't happen.

Maybe WEC, but no way it'll be in the UFC.

More than likely she'll be going to an affliction card...same with Kimbo...they need the name recognition right now.

The UFC has enough top level talent to not worry about gimmicks.

I'm not a fan of chicks with corn rows.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby anubis080 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah...I doubt that chicks will move to UFC either. Dana was saying that he would consider it with Carano and all, but he would never take Kimbo he said because he believes he is not even as good as a mid talent fighter.

I too liked the women's division of fighting, pretty awesome. Kimbo I don't believe was ALL hype, the guy he faced and lost to most recently could have just gotten a lucky shot like any other fighter could. I think Kimbo is not really disciplined yet, but could be good in the end :oops:
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 pm

anubis080 wrote:Yeah...I doubt that chicks will move to UFC either. Dana was saying that he would consider it with Carano and all, but he would never take Kimbo he said because he believes he is not even as good as a mid talent fighter.

I too liked the women's division of fighting, pretty awesome. Kimbo I don't believe was ALL hype, the guy he faced and lost to most recently could have just gotten a lucky shot like any other fighter could. I think Kimbo is not really disciplined yet, but could be good in the end :oops:

I think that Kimbo's only skill was to swing for the fences. Any MMA fighter with any assemblance of a ground game would probably whoop on him.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:38 pm

That Brit was pwning Kimbo in that first match, Kimbo kinda defended half-way decent, but any experienced fighter woudl have foudn a way off the ground, etc. I don't blame Dana for not signing him.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby anubis080 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Yeah, like he started out as, he's a brawler, plain and simple. In his youtube vids etc he always went against guys with no martial arts training and just pummeled them lol.

He's had like 4 months of training in martial arts lol...it takes 3 years to get a black belt. Like a lot of news says, he's like the modern day Tank Abbot or what not. The bid dude who just threw a lot of punches and rolled around. :P
anubis080

Postby papparoc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 am

I wached some fights the other night and the cop from CR(Grubb) looked pretty good.

I was told that Dustin Whitaker from Hamilton IL has been approched for a possible spot on the next Ultimate Fighter.
papparoc

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Yeah, John Grubb looks great in those regional fights... He's tough as nails, and seems to be a pretty decent all around striker, kick, ground fighter...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby AO » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Ultimate fighting in general is kind of starting to look like a joke, or really weird. This is from last nights UFC fight. Anyone get a chance to see?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=d ... &type=lgns
AO

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:35 pm

yeah super ghey, then I flipped to a replay of the Pavlik- hopkins fight much more entertaining than Anderson Silva being an idiot for his sport.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby AO » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:yeah super ghey, then I flipped to a replay of the Pavlik- hopkins fight much more entertaining than Anderson Silva being an idiot for his sport.

I watched the replay on HBO this morning! Wow! Hopkins dominated Pavlik. 43 years of age vs a 26 year old. Looks like guaranteeing a tko by 3rd round to a man who has never been knocked out wasn't such a good idea.
AO

Postby anubis080 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:53 pm

I actually ordered it right after I left the tourney last night. It was a humongous disappointment to say the least. The Silva fight lasted 2.1 rounds with Cote tearing his MCL in the 3rd round from prancing around like an idiot, probably getting ready to do a superman punch...

I'm just glad I had other people over to help pay for this horrible event heh. They didn't show half of the fights that were going to be great, they only showed I think five of the fights that went on, two of which were less than a round. Pretty lame if you ask me :?
anubis080

Return to Sports