Hawkeye Football

Sports related topics.

Postby The Donator » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:01 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:I just meant , Can he catch very well? He was wide open both times and the ball hit him in his hands chest high. It just seemed like bad play calling. Maybe your right Aaron. It just looked dumb.

No just pointing out my bro's quote. Yeah might as always pass to your running back lol. Unless your last name is Westbrook.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GaW27166 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Those jets flying over the stadium were Chucking sweet!!!! The entire place shook.

When I saw the int replay it looked like the punter initiated the contact when he was bring his foot down. I thought that lost the game for us. But why were we going after it when we were going to get great field position and had done pretty well returning punts so far. But alls well that ends well I suppose. Also Penn St is very good at holding on every play and not getting called for it.
GaW27166

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:21 pm

I'm sure that getting Greene back, and having him be so solid w/ his legs - no one ever thought to develop him further than that. Fullbacks and TEs catch pretty well, so I bet they didn't think about it. BUT, look back one year, and knowing how great Albert Young was @ it, I think the staff *cough* should have thought to keep working on that aspect of the game. :twisted: Maybe that'll be a development for next year. Knowing his position on the ground so well will open up the ability & time to work on that aspect of his game.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 am

The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote: I'd throw to him more often because he is the best player on the field.

Ummm.....are you drunk lol?

No, are you?
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:05 am

GaW27166 wrote:Those jets flying over the stadium were Chucking sweet!!!! The entire place shook.

Hell yea it did. They had that timed absolutely perfect too. I can't believe how low those things were.
dischawk

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 am

What a nightmare of a game. :? :x
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 am

discgolfduval wrote:What a nightmare of a game. :? :x
yeah that ia state game was nasty. i turned on the radio to hear bits of the game and all i heard was incomplete pass, and that was almost picked off! made me giggle
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 am

dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote: I'd throw to him more often because he is the best player on the field.

No, are you?

No but that just may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Throw to him more often because hes the best player on the field? WTF????
The Donator

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 am

The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:

No, are you?

No but that just may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Throw to him more often because hes the best player on the field? WTF????

I still don't see what your getting at, does anybody else? The object is to win the game if you forgot that. Do you want Stanzi to throw it to the worst player on the field? Or better yet we can just put Jake back in there and forfeit the last two ball games.
dischawk

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:06 pm

dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:

No, are you?

The object is to win the game if you forgot that.

Shit your right, I did forget that. You should go tell Ferentz that Greene needs to become a wide receiver then, since hes the best player on the field.
The Donator

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:07 pm

dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:

No, are you?

I still don't see what your getting at, does anybody else? The object is to win the game if you forgot that. Do you want Stanzi to throw it to the worst player on the field? Or better yet we can just put Jake back in there and forfeit the last two ball games.
Not to mention if Stanzi would have realized that shonn can catch a ball he would have had well over a 100 yds recieving against Ill because he was WIDE open on every play.
GaW27166

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Exactly

We gotta root for Penn state and Ohio State to win out now so hopefully they can both get BCS bids and Mich St. will go to the Capital One bowl and we can go to the Outback bowl!
dischawk

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:18 pm

I think we'll go to the Outback Bowl no matter what. Whats under that, the Sun Bowl?
The Donator

Postby dischawk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Big Ten has 7 bowl tie-ins
Rose
Capital One
Outback
Alamo
Insight
Champs Sports
Motor City

So we need the Big Ten to get two teams in the BCS for us to go to the Outback. But we could still drop to the insight or champs sports bowl if we lost to minnesota
dischawk

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 pm

dischawk wrote:Exactly

We gotta root for Penn state and Ohio State to win out now so hopefully they can both get BCS bids and Mich St. will go to the Capital One bowl and we can go to the Outback bowl!

Not happening ........ if two Big Ten teams get in I will quite watching College football until they get this screwed up system figured out. If Penn State would have went undefeated the Big Ten still didn't deserve 2 teams, but the Rose Bowl being ass clowns would have picked Ohio State for the already seen it week 3 rematch with USC. I'm glade Penn State lost for this reason alone.

If Boise State and Utah go the distance there is no hope for the Big Ten getting 2 teams in. Even if one of them loses a game and Ball State (yes I said Ball State) runs the table, then they have a better chance of getting in than the Buckeyes. The SEC will get 2, Big 12 gets 2, ACC gets 1, Big East gets 1, Pac-10 gets 1, Big Ten gets 1 and 2 from non-BCS schools.
Last edited by Single L on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Sports