Hawks favored by 22 over Maine?

Sports related topics.

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 pm

Thug life, Sarg! LOL

Yes, Greene was a monster. As long as he still has that ferocity - we'll be good @ RB. Now the question is can the line perform? I'm assuming not. I'm ashamed to say I'm down on the Hawks this year. They have a LOT to prove.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm

they don't have anything to prove. at all.

there's absolutely no hype, tentative support, and more clown coverage than any other year I can remember. This is obviously the year to start the upslope again, or you can bet the consequences will be dire. However, given the lack of confidence by even the most steadfast of fans, I would almost say an 8 win season will be looked at as highly successful.

With this years schedule that is not at all outside the realm of likely.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:33 am

I would view an 8 win season any year as solid. I always hope for 9, expect 8, and pray for 10 like in past years. lmao...

I think they have a lot to prove though, dan. The offense has a lot to prove... The defense will be reliable, just like in previous years. I have no faith in the offense in general. It's not just Christensen, not just the line, or anything else. Everyone on the offense (and special teams) has something to prove - that they can play like Hawkeyes...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 pm

I agree with the statement that they are unknown, inexperienced, and will need to play well to keep me interested.

I was just saying they don't really need to exceed expectations because there aren't any expectations to exceed. The general support level amongst the fans (that I know) is apathetic at best this year.

Ohio State... They have something to prove.

/maybe I should be a buckeye
//kidding
/kind of...
10up

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 pm

gotcha man... :wink: Right on.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby RedEye19357 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:17 pm

they had the 22 point spend almost in the first quater. What a ass beating Maine took cool game though to be at too bad they only give you 3 inches of space to sit in.
Do what is right, because that is what is right.
RedEye19357

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:45 pm

yeah redeye, i agree.

10up, did you see anything that worried you yesterday? I'm not confident on them, but did @ least think that things looked decent yesterday. Maybe even pretty solid. Let's see if it holds true & gets stronger the next two weeks!

as a side note: i work with a guy named Sandvig who has twin b oys playing @ ISU. He mentioned Zac saying the Hawks looked slow on TV. Let's hope that wasn't really true. LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Joe Cool » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:41 pm

I think you all just saw one of the three wins the Hawks will get this year. Unless we're talking about Basketball :(
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Joe Cool

Postby 10up » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:05 am

I was not incredibly impressed with what I saw, no.

Jake isn't throwing the ball well, actually poorly enough to get yanked in the 2nd quarter with only a 14 point lead. There is no doubt in my mind Stanzi was going to get some downs in, regardless of what was going on. But 14 points with 3 quarters to play isn't enough of a buffer to "just take a look" at your backup QB unless you're not happy with your starters play, in my mind, and apparently Ferentz agrees.

Stanzi made a few good passes, got away with a few bad ones, and we even lucked are way (PI, OPI) into some of those points. I am not sure what to think of the O Line yet either. We outweighed their defense an average of 18Lbs per man. I didn't see the domination you would expect out of that. Granted, near the end of the third quarter we'd worn them down enough that it started happening, but I wanted to see it much sooner.

Shonn Greene, Jule (sp?) Hampton, Paki way, it appears we have some good tailbacks, which is instrumental in conference play. The problem I see is that if we don't have a passing game, any Big10 defense is going to come in knowing they don't have to spread and they will shut down that line of scrimmage before we can even say "option".

Defense looked alright, although I commented that I can't really remember the last time we've had a decent Corner at Iowa, and I see that continuing to be a problem.

Kickers looked good, hope I don't have to see much of him this year.
10up

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:43 pm

ghstinshll wrote:yeah redeye, i agree.

10up, did you see anything that worried you yesterday? I'm not confident on them, but did @ least think that things looked decent yesterday. Maybe even pretty solid. Let's see if it holds true & gets stronger the next two weeks!

as a side note: i work with a guy named Sandvig who has twin b oys playing @ ISU. He mentioned Zac saying the Hawks looked slow on TV. Let's hope that wasn't really true. LOL

The Sandvigs are my next door neighbors, did they mention that zach fumbles everytime he touches the ball? Seriously he has no idea what is about to hit them in two weeks.
GaW27166

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Yeah, Keith works w/ me PT, like I do... Prolly to help his kids in college. LOL Keith sure seems like a heck of a guy though.

Anyway, I will not mention thta Zac fumbles, but OUCH! That's ok, I'm still supportive of their family in the "being fair" kind of sense. I still wish them well, even if they chose the wrong school. *shrug*
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:22 pm

yeah zac went to valley were he was a douche as well
SARG27044

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:29 pm

so who's next: Pitt? If so, that'll be a good challenge, ala Syracuse last year, probably a little tougher, right? I'm trying to be more elementary about the season this year, btw... lol
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Beerman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:58 pm

ghstinshll wrote:so who's next: Pitt? If so, that'll be a good challenge, ala Syracuse last year, probably a little tougher, right? I'm trying to be more elementary about the season this year, btw... lol

Pitt is three games out. The way I see our schedule each team we play is a little better than the last up until Wisconsin after that they get a little easier each time out.

http://hawkeyesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/iowa-m-footbl-sched.html
Beerman

Postby Beerman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

RedEye19357 wrote:too bad they only give you 3 inches of space to sit in.

FYI, don't sit in the North end zone. I moved to the South this year and its like going from coach to first class. You hardly have to move to let people walk by.
Beerman

PreviousNext

Return to Sports