Craftsman Truck Series

Sports related topics.

Craftsman Truck Series

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey guys, my lil sis is taking me & my dad out to the Craftsman race htis weekend for my Bday (20th). I'm not a huge nascar fan, but am pretty excited to get to see a "real race" in person. LOL.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:07 pm

I believe this section is for sports....
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby sorearm » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm

You will have to go to Kentucky this weekend if you are seeing the Craftsman Truck race".

Newton is having this.

5:15 pm - ARCA Lincoln Welders Race (50 Laps, no pit stops)
________
Honda 599
Last edited by sorearm on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorearm

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 pm

True that ....... if your going to Newton than you will not be seeing "real racing" your going to see a PeeWee league version, ARCA Trucks.

If you want "Real Racing" go to Boone, the next best thing to NASCAR.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby RonRazz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 pm

I actually prefer dirt track racing its more of a grass roots style of racing.

I when to the Knoxville stock car nationals last year. That is the closest thing to nascar level racing in Iowa imo.
RonRazz

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:23 pm

porkchop wrote:True that ....... if your going to Newton than you will not be seeing "real racing" your going to see a PeeWee league version, ARCA Trucks.

Kyle Busch is going to be in Newton this weekend who is leading the Sprint Cup Points. That's not PeeWee racing.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:31 pm

I prefer dirt racing ......... I've been to a few tracks around the state, although I have yet to go to knoxville, and I think Boone is about as good as it gets. High Banked 3/8 Oval with no Walls (other than the front straight), also home of the Supernationals!! They have around 6 classes and have at minimum 25 in each class, the Mods had 50 cars a few weeks ago :shock:

I grew up in Cedar Rapids and went to the races at Hawkeye Downs (asphalt track) and I was never impressed. I have also been to the IRL race and the Hooters Pro Cup Series races at Newton, although the racing was very good and the ambiance was awesome nether were worth the price of admission.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
porkchop wrote:True that ....... if your going to Newton than you will not be seeing "real racing" your going to see a PeeWee league version, ARCA Trucks.

Kyle Busch is going to be in Newton this weekend who is leading the Sprint Cup Points. That's not PeeWee racing.

He's not PeeWee Racing, but he’ll be racing in PeeWee cars in a PeeWee series. The Series is about the same level as the Low ‘A’ in Baseball.

Imagine if the Peoria Chiefs (Cubs low 'A') paid the some of the players of the Big Cubs a nice chunk of change on their off days to come down and play to boost attendance ......... that's all this is.
Single L

Postby sorearm » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Buzzznation wrote:

Kyle Bush is to a PEEWEE ! :lol: Ya him and Kenseth will be racing ASA super late models @ Newton. Kyle also will be testing his cup car out there Thurs. Free to view also.
________
Impreza WRX
sorearm

Return to Sports