43%
Yes. Saw it coming.
26%
Yes. But not with Green Bay.
31%

Total votes : 35

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:42 pm

porkchop wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:Good troll job there Fausch.

FWIW, the Vikings have the worst QB in the league....but they're still goin to be tough this year.

Agreed ......... but at least my Vikes drafted someone to groom for the time being ............ I actually feel bad for Bears fans as your management as done nothing to help you in the QB department.

Uhhh Rex Grossmen comon give the bears some credit. :lol:
GaW27166

Postby swan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Favre's not coming back. Silly ESPN and silly Chris Mortensen. I think Mort is about 0-for his last three or four big scoops. Parcells comes to mind. Big whiff there from someone who has half the league on speed dial.

However, Favre's successor, one Aaron Rodgers, has definitely gotten himself off to a raging start. From an SI.com article....

-- Rodgers, meanwhile, has stirred up controversy himself this week. In a Sports Illustrated article, the quarterback said he didn't feel pressure to connect with fans the way Favre did.

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to the fans," he said in the article. "They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut." --

I guess all those years of wearing visors and holding clipboards have made him bitter.
swan

Postby dischawk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:05 pm

SOB, Favre asked for his release from the packers indicating he wants to play elsewhere next season.

I just cant picture favre in anything but a Packer uniform. This is going to be the same thing as MJ playing in washington, it's pointless.

I don't think he can win a title with anyone except the Packers.

As much as I like Favre he just needs to stay retired right now. I think he can go another year but not the way hes doing it.
dischawk

Postby Single L » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:53 pm

dischawk wrote:SOB, Favre asked for his release from the packers indicating he wants to play elsewhere next season.

I just cant picture favre in anything but a Packer uniform. This is going to be the same thing as MJ playing in washington, it's pointless.

I've heard this point and it's stupid. Yes Favre did officially retire last fall, but is unretiring, and yes he has been yanking the Pack around with this much like Jordan did, and yes it looks like he is going to play for a different team. Unlike Jordan he is not playing any other sports (first Jordan mistake) and he is not taking any time off/away from the game (Jordan sat out 3 seasons). Jordan’s biggest mistake would be that he came back after he finished on-top with 3 championships and hitting one of the sweetest game winning shots ever.

Favre did not finish on top, yes he has the ring, but it’s been 10 years, so I wouldn’t say he’s finishing on top so it’s not pointless. See Favre sniffed super Bowl last year and he now believes he can finish on top much like Elway and he thinks he can still do it, more power to him. It's not pointless, he still has gas in the tank, that dude could will 3 more years out of his body .... I believe they will have to take Favre off the field in a stretcher before he quits.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby dischawk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm saying its pointless if he comes back with any other team other than Green Bay. If he comes back to GB then great, but I can guarantee that he wont win a title with any other team.
dischawk

Postby Bradbalk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:35 pm

We all know Jordan only went to play baseball because he was secretly suspended for gambling.

I hope the Bears or Vikings sign Favre just to really irritate the cheeseheads, lol.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Single L » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:24 pm

dischawk wrote:.....I can guarantee that he wont win a title with any other team.

How's that? You plan on busting his knees if he signs with another team. If he doesn't play for the Packers it will most likely be with a CONTENDER. Any smart man would not make such absurd guarantees against a contender.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:59 pm

He's going to have to come back for a darn good team to win another title, period... Watch, he'll sell out & go to the bears for $20 Mil. L<MAO I personally don't want to see him back. I admire & respect the guy & his career too much (Even as a Viking fan) to find any pleasure in seeing him on any other team. It'll be another Jordan situation (talking chapter 3, not chapter 2 here). :roll:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby dischawk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 pm

porkchop wrote:
dischawk wrote:.....I can guarantee that he wont win a title with any other team.

How's that? You plan on busting his knees if he signs with another team. If he doesn't play for the Packers it will most likely be with a CONTENDER. Any smart man would not make such absurd guarantees against a contender.

He won't go to a contender b/c any contender already has a suitable QB and doesnt need him.
dischawk

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:50 pm

favres been the leader for my team since i can remember. i would love to see him come back but the packers asked him for months if he would come back and he said no. what r they supposed to do, wait til starting day to see if he will walk outta the locker room ready to play? he will be a packer unless we decide to trade him for one hell of a player. and do u think that the packers would send him to chicago or minn. thats retarted. they would never send him to a division rival
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 pm

yeah, as if rivalries have anything to do with where he'll go. It'll come down to the almighty dollar Sarg....believe that.
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:35 pm

well, the Packers aren't going to let him come back to haunt them...they'll dictate who he gets 'traded' too. They're going to make it miserable for him if he really does want to play. I doubt he's going to like where they'll let him go, thus, stay retired.

Too bad too...I'd love for him to show Rex how to be a leader and not a pussy.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 pm

If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 pm

yeah - I heard that today Tanner, and I laughed @ my friend who told me. I just don't get it all - but IF he DOES come back, and lands IN Minnesota, I'll be SO happy to see Tavares Jackson sit.... LOL Insert an aging Favre, bring in John David Booty, and we MAY wind up w/ the Brad Johnson we should have had a looong time ago. LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby dischawk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:34 pm

he aint goin anywhere
dischawk

PreviousNext

Return to Sports